“Good stay at Sam's Town” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Vegas Fun Special
Ranked #46 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Greenville, SC
“Good stay at Sam's Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Sam's Town for three nights (Thur-Fri-Sat) in January. The hotel is located on Boulder Highway approximately 30 minutes driving time from the airport and approximately 15 minutes driving time from the strip. There is ample free parking. Free valet parking is also available (although we never used the valet service). Check-in was fast and efficient with no line Thursday evening. Our room was a standard non-smoking with a king bed. The room appeared to have been updated in the last 5 years or so and included a large flat screen TV. The room was comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was large. The room did not include a fridge, microwave, or coffee service. The daily resort fee was $10 and this fee included internet service. Check-out was quick with only two people in line Sunday morning.
The casino is large and offers full gaming including slot machines, poker machines, craps, blackjack, poker, roulette, etc. For "low rollers" (like us) the roulette table offers a $1 minimum bet ("inside or outside"). I did not find limits this low anywhere else in Vegas. The casino is a little smoky (but not as bad as some other casino's we visited). The property also offers a movie theatre and a bowling alley.
Overall our experience at Sam's Town was enjoyable. The staff were friendly. There was a nice "buzz" about the place. We saved a good bit of $$ compared to hotels on the strip. My wife and I agreed we will definately consider staying at Sam's Town the next time we visit Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking their atrium which features a nightly laser show.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

948 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Polish first
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We recently stayed at Sams Town for 3 nights booking 3 rooms. Our first stay here and will stay again. Clean rooms friendly and courteous staff: front desk, house keeping, dealers, security, even subway and mcdonalds workers. Off the beaten path but well worth taking the shuttle to their stops of Harrahs on Strip or Freemont Casino downtown. The water fall and sounds, plants in the large atrium provides a relaxing environment. Enjoyable stay. Walmart basically across street. Felt safe here as well.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the inside so you can see falls.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel seems to be a crowd pleaser, but I don't really understand why. The location is, at best, inconvenient. The rooms are nice enough, 3-star I'd say, and the staff is pleasant. On off-peak days, they have cheap rooms (of course, lots of off-strip hotels have cheap rooms on these days). I needed a one-night stay on my way through town, and I figured I couldn't go wrong for $30 (+$10 "resort fee") and a $10 dining credit. I was annoyed that my dining credit was only good until 1 am -- I couldn't use it for breakfast as I intended. This weird restriction should have been stated.

The Mystic Park water show is, honestly, pretty boring. A few lasers, a few spouting fountains. By modern Vegas standards, only worth seeing if you're in the lobby at show time.

I'm not a gambler, but the casino looked a bit sad to me, like lower end casinos tend to look in Vegas.

Dining options seemed pretty bland to me. Their buffet is certainly underwhelming.

Bottomline, if you're looking for a cheap but decent off-Strip hotel, I think you'd do better being a little closer to the Strip. The Orleans, for example, is a much better choice, and probably wouldn't be much more expensive.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Sam's offers excellent value for money for accommodation in Las Vegas. Previously we stayed on the strip, but when searching for accommodation recently we found our dates coincided with a huge conference and high prices so we looked further afield and stumbled onto Sam's.

The check in procedure was quick and the staff friendly. There are quiet a few dinning options on-site, a movie theatre, bowling and of course there is a large casino. At night a light and sound show runs for about 20mins and is worth taking the time to watch this.

Our room was clean, comfortable and pleasant. Sam's also provides a free shuttle bus to the strip (takes about 20mins and runs regularly), which we used and found very convenient.

Thanks to Sam's our stay in Las Vegas was much cheaper than it would have been staying on the strip but we were still able to conveniently access everything.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was first introduced to Sam's Town during a business seminar back in 2009. I was impressed then, and I'm still impressed after 4 visits since. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the food is excellent as is the comps. The slots are fair and I came out ahead, but I lost at Black Jack…but, that's why they call it gambling. The laser show has some cool themes and seasonal displays that's great for all ages. They have a free shuttle bus that delivers you to the strip and Freemont; they have a comprehensive daily schedule for convenience. The staff is very professional and courteous, and they treat you like a friend. It's a perfect launching pad for trips to the Hoover Dam, Mount Charleston, and other destinations. As far as the atmosphere, it's very laid back unlike the strip, but I guess as I get older I appreciate places like Sam's Town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Great option for that money! We took a trip to Grand Canyon from CA and stopped in that hotel for two nights. It is not on a strip and it is good. It takes about 10-15 min. to get to the strip from there and they have a free shuttle service for that running from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. I believe. Or you can just drive there and leave your car at most of the luxury hotel's public parking (that are all free) and then took a nice walk on a strip. Inside of the hotel there is a great park with the waterfall and fountains show. Of course, it is not that fancy how it is in Bellagio, but it is very good and kids will love it. The other great thing about it is food opportunities. There are a lot of dining places, located inside of the hotel, you will find McDonalds, Dunkin donuts, TGIF, steakhouse and seafood places, etc. So you do not have to go out to eat. The rooms are big, everything is in there. Free internet includes 1 MB which is nothing, but may be enough for getting emails. Free parking and a casino. I am not a gambler so have nothing to say about it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

stayed here 2 days before New Years Eve, It was busy but not crazy. The rooms were a steal compared to the strip. We had our own car so no big deal for us to get around just hop on a freeway and your in downtown or the strip. The place doesn't look like anything from the outside, but inside the casino is large and clean. Our room was very nice, clean and updated, the bathroom was clean and a good size. But the best part was we looked over the "park" so we got to see the laser light show- it was still decorated for Christmas and between here and Belliago they had the best Christmas displays. When your in your room its very quiet you can't (barely) hear the show, so its pretty sound proof. One of the nice things about this Hotel is everything is here- casino, bingo, movies, bowling, restaurants, you could stay here and not leave. I would highly recommend this place. You will love strolling around the "park" . Great beds too

Room Tip: ask for a room over looking the Park show (so you can see it) BE aware do not stand with no clothes...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall? Share your experiences!