“Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Maine
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night during our vacation. It seemed like we got a free upgrade or something upon check in because we were on the top floor and our room was amazing for the price that we paid! We have a friend who stays at Sam's every time he visits Vegas, so he recommended this hotel to us and we loved it. The room was very spacious and it is cool how the view from the room looks like it is outside, but it is really inside. Vegas is very good at those type of illusions! The room was very clean and the bathroom was nice with a huge shower and a jacuzzi tub (again I'm not sure if this is typical of all rooms). We got in pretty late around midnight, but we didn't want to miss a minute of the fun, so we checked in and went right down to the bowling alley. We bowled a few strings and the place was packed. It is a 24 hour bowling alley and I couldn't believe how many people were there so late at night, it was a blast! After that we made our way to the slots and gambled a little until bed.

The only thing I could suggest is that the air in the room wouldn't go any lower than 72 degrees. I like to sleep in the cold and I would have set the air for 65 if it would have let me. I found it a little difficult to sleep because I was hot in the room, but 72 is probably great for most people!

We had a lot of fun here and would recommend it to anyone looking to save a little money on a Vegas vacation. It is off the strip, but they do offer transportation there. We had a vehicle, which made it a lot easier.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Polish first
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have stayed at Sam's Town many times. This time we reserved a jacuzzi suite. The room was very clean, well maintained and had a great view of the park. Very nice decor. If you are booking just for the jacuzzi tub, it's nothing special. The room had large TV dividing the room with a large sectional sofa and table and chairs on one side and on the other side was another large TV and a king size bed. The tub was next to the bed with a large area for grooming. The bathroom had a nice shower and another area for grooming. The room also had a bar with a mini frig. The air worked very well. We have stayed in other rooms at this casino and they have been very nice also. We ususally get a king bed room. This motel is not on the strip it is not even that close. It does however have a shuttle that will take you to Fremont, which is a plus. The movie theatre is very nice and the bowling is fun. There are several places to eat at this casino also. I would definetly stay again. Very reasonabley priced.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The beds are hard, decor is ehhh. But having a movie theater, food eateries, pool, bowling alley, and cool courtyard are nice. We did check out earlier than planned because we had some business at home that needed immediate attention and i got charged for another nights stay. After a couple phone calls that was cleared up and the charges were removed. But still if I didn't catch it, that would have sucked.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Friends and I have been coming to this casino for many years now. We come because of the low cost and the fun we have gambling. The employees are friendly and the drinks are plentiful. Never a dull moment. The rooms are clean and fresh and the food is also good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Okay, so I needed a place to stay for my first night on a road trip through America. This place was cheap - very cheap. $30 a night.

Okay granted, there were some bizarre people there. It was a chore walking through a big casino every time I needed something out of the car (it's like this at any casino to be honest).

But the beds did the trick. The rooms were simple, but clean. Also, on the odd chance you can't sleep, they have bowling alley and cinema which is good to for a night cap ($1 games at the alley). I didn't gamble and to be fair, I didn't see anyone winning......

But for me it was perfect. Wallmart across the road to stock up on supplies for my trip, and it was very well priced. Location was far from the strip, but this worked well for me as I didn't have to battle through traffic etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bullhead City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We've enjoyed Sam's Town for the nearly three decades of its existence. Their atrium water show and the atmosphere in the atrium is like an oasis in the desert. We recently stayed for four days and we made it a point to revisit and enjoy the show, and we noticed that its content has be upgraded and reworked. It's worth a special trip with friends and guests, or just to get away to see it again.
Thanks Bill Boyd, your father would be proud with how well you have sustained and expanded the "family business". We're proud to feel like we've been a part. Steven Buck (Bullhead City, AZ)

Room Tip: Corner suites offer excellent, comfortable, affordable, accommodating conditions to make your "...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It's not the Bellagio. And it's not on the Strip. But dollar for dollar, this may be the best value in Las Vegas.

It's easy to get to, via the 515 freeway. The valet is free, and you'd better tip him when you're not paying anything to valet park. Check in was a breeze, and the indoor forest and waterfall are kind of a hoot.

Had no expectations of what the room would be like. All I can say is that I was blown away. Maybe I got lucky and got bumped up, but ended up on the eighth floor in a suite that was beyond dazzling. Very comfortable bed. Would have been nice to have had a fourth pillow and one more blanket. That says something about the power of the air conditioning.

Breakfast buffet the next morning notable for its copiosity (that's not a word, but it should be)...what was lost in quality was made up for in plate size. The coffee was good and the pineapple outstanding. Really. At the price for room and breakfast, who is going to complain about the turkey sausage being on the rubbery side?

Movie 18-plex accessible from the lobby. I understand there's bowling too.

Can't comment on the casino. In the words of Adam Sandler in The Waterboy: "Casinos? Momma says that casinos are the DEVIL."

Enjoy.