“I have no complaints!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
So Cal
“I have no complaints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed here June 18-20 for the HP Executive Series Conference that was taking place both at Mandalay and Four Seasons. While my husband was at sessions all day Monday and Tuesday, and I was at the pool. This pool was on par with pools I have been to in Hawaii (at Hyatt Regency Poipu and Four Seasons Wailea) in both level
of service and grounds upkeep. It felt very relaxing and tropical....
a far cry from the thumping music and crowded scene at the Mandalay pool. The nice thing about being at the Four Seasons is that you have
the option of sitting at the Mandalay Pool Area but the Mandalay guests can not come to the Four Seasons pool. At the pool at Four Seasons you get very comfy lounges, shade or sun, pitcher of ice water with lemon, chilled towels, Evian spritz, fruit bars, and option of ordering at the bar or poolside for food/drinks. Room was great, very tastefully decorated, excellent turndown service, comfy bed, and awesome L'Occitane bath products. I ate breakfast at Verandah (Four Seasons restaurant) both mornings and was not dissapointed. It was very relaxing/tropical feel. Of course breakfast
prices are higher here but do not let that deter you as you will be eating in a very comfortable environment on real silver(!) and will have exceptional service. It does not have the hurried and crazy vibe of eating in the casinos. I am only sorry we could not stay longer.

Thank you to the kind gentleman at the door Monday evening who took my husband and I to Capital Grille in the Four Seasons house car. Very much appreciated!

Oh, and I took part in the Savor the Simplicity Spa Package (50 min swedish, 50 min European Facial) -- also highly recommend doing that if you can! The spa facilities are great. Thank you Four Seasons for a very nice vacation.

As far as the previous review dated June 17th, I did not have any customer service issues at all related to the pool area. They did close the Mandalay Bay pool early for a concert though.

• Liked — The customer service!!! Good service is soooo hard to find these days.
  • Disliked — Nothing -- everything was excellent as expected.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

I'm not a huge fan of Vegas, so it's wonderful to have a quiet WELL-RUN oasis in the city. Fantastic treatment from check-in on. Had a deluxe room with Strip view - nothinghighly unusual, but tastefully done & well-appointed (the rooms at the HOTEL are larger, but the service is not as good & the hotel is difficult to access).

Pool is fabulous. Not necessarily the prettiest pool (my favorite so far is the Bangkok Peninsula), but staff & service make the experience wonderful - a nice change from the frat party/cruise ship environment throughout the rest of hte city. The only drawback to hte hotel is that it's pretty far away from everything, since it's at the southerhn end of the Strip, but why would you want to leave?

Stayed June 2007
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

Room 39234, June 15-18 2007.

Everything said before about the seclusion, privacy, service, facilities and the wonders of them is true. Everything said about the higher (some would say exorbitant/excessive) price for these superlatives is true. We only booked a Deluxe (one price point above the lowest) and were expecting airport views but lucked out and got a Strip view. So you might want to keep our room # in mind. We got the Oasis package and the credit went quickly but obviously helped. We didn't see or hear any pets the entire time.

So, the strange thing. Our room was at the end of a very long, straight hallway. Because of the HVAC/air pressure/temp/whatever, anytime anybody in the hallway opened/closed their room door, a whoosh of air rushed through our doorjambs and made a quick, high-pitched, but very audible whistle, almost like a squeaky toy. If you are a light sleeper or have trouble in unfamiliar beds you CAN and WILL be awakened/stay awakened by this noise... it was even loud enough to drown a word or 2 on the television. I don't know if this is the only room like this in Vegas or maybe this is like every room in Vegas, but it was certainly like this in 39234. Thanks!

• Liked — See Paragraph 1!
  • Disliked — See Paragraph 2!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
London UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

When we checked in (after the 3pm check in time) I was given our room keys. It was the last door on the corridor and was about 200 steps from the lift! I had already told them we were there to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday and I had booked months in advance. I said the room was just too far for her. They finally conceded that we could have another room closer to the elevator but as the room was not ready, they could not give any indication of how long we would have to wait. We had just driven from Los Angeles that morning so we were very hot and tired. Finally a bell man took charge and spoke to a manager who did find us an alternative room but we lost our good view too and I had specifically asked for a Strip View.

Anyhow we finally got our room nearly 2 hours after arriving and all we were given was two small bottles of water.

The hotel is lovely and the staff friendly apart from one particular receptionist who was very unhelpful.

A warning - they shut the pool some afternoons with no notice because of private parties. We had just got back from shopping and went down to the pool. We were told it was closing in half an hour. I could not believe it. Had we known we would have stopped in the afternoon and sat by the pool in the morning. Another UK couple was caught out by this too. I complained about the situation and the fact no notice of this private party had been given to any guests and we were given a free drink and they took off the bill our pool lunch the previous day. However this did not really make up for the fact that I would rather have sat by the pool. All guests had paid to use the pool and now they were selling it again to a private party. It was only by chance that I found out by speaking to the other UK couple that they had been told to wait in the bar for their room that was not ready upon their arrival and were given two free drinks each. I went back to the unhelpful receptionist who had dealt with us when we arrived and asked why that courtesy had not been extended to us and why we were just left to sit in reception waiting with our warm bottled water. She did not know what to say and got the manager who arranged the same thing for my mother and I that night!

Basically you need to be aware of what is going on around you.

The staff by the pool are pretty good except for Danny who nearly knocked me in the pool with a towel when I said I did want to sit by the pool if only half an hour (the day they were closing it!).

The food was great and if I ever go to Las Vegas again I would certainly stay there but check out certain things like private parties first!

• Liked — The pool and hotel decor
  • Disliked — Reception treatment
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CUMMING
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

We routinely stay at many five star properties throughout the world ~ not bragging, just letting the reader know that we understand the level of service and quality that is needed to truly be called a five star property. The Four Seasons Las Vegas was one of the best. True, there were a couple minor problems, but overall, a memorable, wonderful experience! Starting off, we were ushered into a small but elegant lobby that was nearly empty. If anyone's been to Vegas, you know how chaotic lobbies can be. Once registered, we were escorted by the host towards the elevators. The gym is complimentary and we did use it a few times. It has nice new equipment, The pool is private, The service at the pool is AMAZING. The staff cpmes around with complimentary popsicles, orange slices, and evian water atomizer for your face. The buffet breakfast on Sunday should not be missed. The rooms are large and well decorated. The bath products are L'Occitane. I highly recommend this hotel. It is a nice get away from the Strip and the hustle and bustle of Vegas. Only complaint was the room was rather hot ~ they provided a fan, but still not sure why the room was hot with outside temps only at 100F (a cold spell for Vegas). Bottom line, you will not be disappointed with this property!

Stayed June 2007
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

We just returned from a weekend stay from this wonderful hotel and I must say that I will probably never want to stay at another resort besides this one in future travels to Las Vegas. It is a beautiful property and just what you would expect from a Four Seasons.....great service, quiet ambience, beautiful rooms and wonderful food.
We were upgraded to a "specialty suite" upon an early check in and it was outstanding. We especially loved the pool area with the super comfy chaise lounges, misters, shade option if you wish and great service. The food poolside was very good as were the drinks. We walked over to the Mandalay pool to check it out and it was madness...so many people, no shade, noisy and crowded. When we went back to the Four Seasons pool it was like a bit of heaven. If you are looking for a really relaxing place to unwind while in Vegas you can't go wrong at the Four Seasons.
They will treat you right, I promise you.....

• Liked — Customer Service and peace and serenity
  • Disliked — Can't think of one thing...
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

We spent 10 days in this hotel and loved every minute. It offers a welcome sanctuary from the noise from the rest of the Las Vegas strip but is close enough to enjoy the strip as and when you want to.

Our room was very good - we stayed in a suite with a strip view. It was large, immaculately clean with lots of luxurious touches that you would expect from this hotel chain.

The service and friendliness of the staff was consistantly high from the moment we arrived - the pool staff were particularly good at making you feel like the most welcome and important guest they had.

This hotel is elegant yet fun. Above all it is very flexible - because we were there 10 days they ensured we couldn't get tired of the menu or the hotel itself and often recomended alternatives that weren't on the menu for example.

The Charlie Palmer restaurant was the only disapointing thing about the hotel - the quality of food and service just wasn't as good as the other high quality restaurants we ate in on our trip.

Overall though we are looking forward to returning the Four Seasons soon.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — Charlie Palmer Restaurant
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!