“Top Class” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Top Class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

We've visited Vegas a few times but this was the first time at The Four Seasons. The standard was as high as you'd expect from this hotel chain, but the real bonus was the escape from the madness of the town, which was only a short step away in the form of The Mandalay Bay. We had young children with us and found the ambience and service second to none.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Milford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

Stay was one year ago. Birthday trip for me and my 83 year old Mom. Check in smooth and Spa treatments (a suprise gift from a family member) were over-the-top fabulous. Family member also suprised us with Champange and Chocolates placed in our room upon our arrival. Flowers delivered for birthday sent by family member and Cake compliments of Four Seasons were nicely done. My Mom had her first facial and loved it (and thought the esthetician was great). My extra long (180 min?) massage seemed a little decadant but it was one of the best deep tissue massages ever! Warmly greated by spa/gym staff every AM when I went to work out at the gym. Gym small and (a year ago- hopefully this was fixed) individual TV's on treadmill were controlled by a remote control that was not dedicated to your treadmills TV. A woman next to me kept pointing her remote my direction and changing my TV. I could not have been more irritated by this! Also, the Temp controls in the Accessible Spa shower were tempermental and I was glad I was present to help my Mom out, otherwise, the drastic change to hot water could have caused problems. The spa area was smallish but luxurious with a very nice staff.
We enjoyed breakfast and afternoon tea (reserve ahead) in Verandah. Room service for breakfast was wonderful and toiletries luxurious.
However we were very dissapointed with the accessible bathroom. A standard tub was fitted with bulky huge bench/chair but there was nothing to sit on in the shower. I was very disappointed with the response that I recieved from the front desk when I called down to ask about a shower chair for my Mom. "No we do not have one." There was a shower chair in the accessible bathroom in the spa so I ended up packing everything in a big tote and wheeling my Mom down to the spa so she could have a nice shower (with the iffy temp. control). The spa staff was gracious but I felt a little bit like a couple of ragtag refugees schleping down to the shower every day when I know the Four Seasons could afford to get a $45 shower chair to be sent up to our room. (The huge bathtub chair woud not fit in the shower).
I was also unimpressed with the front desk staff on the one occasion I was having problems with my key-card. Mom and I had been by the pool and we approached the front desk ( I was pushing Mom in her wheelchair ) and asked if I could get another key card for us to use. The front desk attendant looked at us and said " we need to see your ID". I was loaded-down with pool/sun gear and my Mom in a wheelchair. I explained that my wallet was in our safe in the room. Basically he said (I'm paraphrasing here): "too bad". It really would have been nice if he had offered to send someone up to our room with us and they could check our ID there.
We did enjoy the non-gaming oasis and quiet retreat of the resort, but the two incidents with lackluster staff really left us feeling lukewarm (at best) about the Four Seasons Vegas.
When we chose to stay at the Bellagio this year our experience with every staff member was wonderfull and the accessible rooms had a much better shower for someone with disabilities.

• Stayed April 2008
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at various Four Seasons. While Las Vegas was not the most modern, it was certainly pretty, clean, and perfectly located. We enjoyed being set apart from the business of Las Vegas but close enough to hop down to the Mandalay Bay casino.

We stayed on the Las Vegas special and left on Sunday. On Saturday, I discussed extending our stay through Sunday evening and staying until Monday with a front desk person. She said that we could stay on the same reduced rate and that we could make our decision at any point. My husband called very early on Sunday morning and was told that he could not match that offer and in fact, the rate was much higher. Given the occupancy of the hotel - we were confused. We ended up leaving for another hotel where we got a much better rate. We were also annoyed to find that valet parking was $19.00 day - this was not clearly indicated anywhere and every other hotel in the area offers this service free. We would have self-parked if we had known. Last, I don't understand why internet service is $14.00 at the Four Seasons but free at virtually every low budget hotel. This is a dated expense and should be updated - not to mention that we were double-billed for it (which was later corrected).

The pool was gorgeous and if we return, the pool will be the reason. Overall, it was a good location with well-kept grounds but we felt as if we were being nickeled-and-dimed quite a bit.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
San Jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

This was my first stay at a Four Seasons. I stayed at the Four Seasons Easter Weekend. I was assigned a room with a pool view. The Associate at the front desk was top notch, while the Associate at check-out was impersonal. The hotel has an understated scent of luxury. The room, on the 38th floor, was clean and in perfect condition. Room Service staff were cheerful and polite. The front desk spa staff seemed to be from a casting call of Sunset Tan - valley girls. Compared to the Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian, the spa lounge is tiny. Here is why I didn't give this hotel 4 or 5 stars - each morning the jets across the freeway would start their engines at 6am - I was taking some time off and didn't want to get up at 6am. ugh. I'm taking some time off around Memorial Day in Arizona and decided to stay at the JW Marriott Camelback instead of the Four Seasons - didn't want to take a chance that my quiet would be distrubed.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

After reading the great reviews of this hotel, we decided to check rates on the internet. The hotel was running a "3rd night free" prromotion, so we ended up paying an average of about $189 per night, which put as around the same pricepoint as any of the other high end strip hotel.

The room was beautiful with plenty of space. There was a large bathroom with serparate shower and tub and a large vanity. The bed was large and comfy. The room had a small sitting area which was fine for my husband and I.

There is no casino in this hotel, however it is connected to the Mandalay Bay, so you have easy access to there casino and ammenities.

We loved utilizing the Mandalay's amazing pool area for some fun in the lazy river and wave pool, then laying out by the Four Season's private pool area for some relaxation. The Four Seasons pool area is first class. We loved ordering frozen drinks and appetizers poolside and being spritzed with Evian water by the poolside attendants.

This hotel is first class all the way. It is a nice oasis from the hustle and bustle of the strip, but close enough to all the action.

Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. This is the only hotel in Las Vegas to stay at. It is peaceful and quite. The staff are incredible as they are knowledgeable and want you to enjoy your stay. Though it is the most expensive hotel in Las Vegas it is well worth it to get away from the regular Las Vegas with slot machines, rude staff, and lots of cigarettes smoke. Words can not say enough about this palace. I have stayed at other Five Star hotels in Las Vegas including Bellagio, Wynn, and Venetian. After staying here, I will never stay at any of those traditional Vegas hotels ever again!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We stayed here over the Easter weekend. Check-in was fast with no wait. I requested a room that faced away from the airport to avoid the noise others have complained about. The room overlooked an unattractive parking garage but it was super quiet at night. The room was large and the bed was as comfortable as you would expect from any Four Seasons. Housekeeping did a fabulous job and were prompt when requested.

Overall, we had a great stay but if you're a regular at the Four Seasons, just lower your expectations slightly. The service here can be spotty and just not up to the usual standards you would expect. And it is Vegas so it will be more crowded, especially by the pool. But it's still the best option in Vegas.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!