“Brilliant Christmas Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Christmas Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels and casinos over the years in Las Vegas and this time I really wanted to push the boat out. The Four Seasons did not disappoint. The new rooms are beautiful and fitted out to a very high standard and refurbishment work appeared to be ongoing in communal areas and the pool and spa. These public areas should be good when finished, but it was a shame they were closed during our stay. That is why I have not reviewed the Spa. It is woth pointing out that breakfast is a little expensive, somit try to get an inclusive rate if possible . We did have breakfast in our room on Christmas day, and the food and service were excellent. As part of the Mandalay Bay, it is worth visiting The Mix at the top of The Hotel, and the spa in Mandalay Bay is amazing. If you want a fantastic stay in a non casino hotel with a great personal service and a really comfortable room, the Four Seasons is the place for you.

Room Tip: Pick a refurbished room. The suites are amazing and a non strip view room has a fantastic view of th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

2,527 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I read a lot of reviews before traveling so decided to book the Four Seasons months ago for our family holiday vacation. It's clearly a haven in the midst of Las Vegas madness. Our recently updated deluxe rooms were spacious and comfortable. Bathrooms were lovely and clean. Everything would have been perfect if it hadn't been for the thumping music we had to endure until 4:30 a.m. both nights. Even though the Four Seasons occupies several of the top floors of the Mandalay Bay Hotel, the Mandalay still has the very top 3-4 floors for House of Blues Foundation Room/Lounge and penthouses. The Four Seasons can't control the noise coming from these floors and said they are working with the Mandalay to address this problem. The front desk was very accommodating and offered to move us. Unfortunately we couldn't change rooms because we needed adjoining accommodations for our family and this option wasn't available. Also, the hotel lobby is under renovation until March so if you're expecting a welcoming and comfortable lobby you will be disappointed. I would recommend this hotel if your'e looking for a relaxing place to stay away from the strip and have a room on one of the lower floors (35-38, not 39) toward the end of the halls away from the center of the "y" building configuration.

Room Tip: request a room on one of the lower floors (35-38, not 39) toward the end of the halls away from the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas and for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you were disturbed by music coming from the Foundation Room. While we understand your frustration, we are pleased to learn that you found the Front Desk accommodating. This is not a complaint we typically receive and we are looking into this with Foundation Room management.

Meanwhile, the lobby construction is the second phase of the hotel's renovation. It will result in a new lobby bar and expanded seating and fire pits in our garden terrace. As we noted in our direct message to you, should you wish to discuss your experience further with our Hotel Manager, Sunil Narang, he would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. He values your feedback and looks forward to hearing from you.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I live in Las Vegas and I stay at the hotels for what I call "mini-breaks." I know people who take off camping or skiing on weekends...I stay at various hotels for 2-3 days. When I really need a break from the noise and chaos of Las Vegas, Four Seasons is my answer. I come here 3-4 times a year. I wanted to stay right after thanksgiving but waited until just this week so I can experience the new rooms. This was a sold out week due to the New Year, but you won't know it. The check in was quick and easy. From Valet to check-in to the bag service and the quick lunch at the Verandah, it was all perfect. My family and I ate lunch went up to the room where the bags were waiting. The new room was awesome. The wall paper, the new lighting fixtures, phones, TV, bathroom mirror, new paint, new paintings and wall art all worked together. Even the new dresser and phones were awesome. I didn't think that the old set up was bad, I liked it, it was a quiet traditional place, but the new rooms are very nice, very classy. They didn't go over board and too gaudy. It was classy, clean, warm and very inviting.
As always the room was in perfect condition. Spotless. The turn down service, perfect. Room Service was fast and fresh.
Knowing it was at full capacity I called valet for my car to be pulled up so the wait wasn't too long and on all 4 occasions the car was waiting for me when I got there.
This place never disappoints me when I need a go to 2-4 day break from reality. Perfect place to get away from it all!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FSLasVegas, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your visit to Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas and for taking the time to write a review. We love our local guests and are always happy to hear of locals enjoing staycations at our hotel. We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the new look and feel of our renovated rooms. We hope you will return to experience them again soon!
Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at the four seasons Las Vegas for three days, check in was a breeze, no issues, until we got to the room, I requested a room close to an elevator and on the strip side. I did not get any of that. Another issue that my key chain was stolen spoke with valet(could not find it) however, I spoke with front desk and there were nice enough to take off the $22.00 daily valet charge off my bill. Overall the hotel was clean except the restroom in my room, specially the toilet seat. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton and by far I had a better experience. On the positive note the bed are very comfortable, the room was very quite even though we were close to the ice machine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent visit to Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that check in was hassle free and that you enjoyed the Four Seasons bed and signature linens. However, we are sorry to learn of the issue with your key chain and that your bathroom had not been properly cleaned. As we mentioned in our direct message to you, our Director of Rooms, Diego Angarita, would like to speak with you further regarding your experience. Diego looks forward to hearing from you.
Newport Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

i have been a repeat client of the four seasons brand for over 20 years, having stayed at many four seasons properties including flagships such as NY and Paris. Not every stay was perfect, but generally, the management would take steps to address my concerns, and I have been loyal to the brand. As part of this brand loyalty, I have been a client of Four Seasons Las Vegas for at least 15 years. This recent stay was a disappointment for the following reasons: 1. our centurion status was not acknowledged, and no upgrade was offered to due to full occupancy. it is understandable that in certain participating properties upgrades are technically NOT guaranteed, but human nature and expectations being what they are, it is the least that any centurion member would expect, and when it is not available, the logical thing to do is to offer some other amenity (even a token chocolate or a note from some assistant to an assistant manager).

Unfortunately, lack of proper training and common sense prevailed, as it often does, and we were left standing with the proverbial **** in our hands. it is not good business to reject the patron at check in. This was even more amusing (or annoying) since we mentioned that we were celebrating a special occasion. This was acknowledged and noted on the record. That was the last we had heard of it. Why make a note at all? Then, it appears that the hotel does did not have android and blackberry chargers. Had to charge the phones by leaving them with the concierge. Finally, for some reason that will always be a mystery to me, the housekeeping staff refused to service our room. Oh yes, I called housekeeping and asked for the room to be serviced. Nothing. That speaks for itself.

I informed the housekeeping manager, who indicated that he would pass this on. It appears my comments got passed on into the near by toilet. I also apprised reception and assistant manager of what our stay was like. I hear that there is a new 5 star boutique hotel being built/planned.....

Room Tip: request a suite with views at check in.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for visiting Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas and for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Four Seasons brand and to Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas specifically and we are sorry your most recent experience did not meet your expectations. We certainly understand your frustration given your issues with the Front Desk and Housekeeping.

As we indicated in our direct message to you, our Director of Rooms, Diego Angarita, would like to speak with you directly regarding your experience. We hope you will reach out to him. Diego values your insight and looks forward to making this right.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons Las Vegas just before Christmas. We brought our 17 week old Havanese puppy with us. We were treated warmly and graciously and our puppy was treated like royalty. From the moment we made our reservations, to contacts with the wonderful concierge group who arranged for transportation and puppy sitting, every interaction with hotel staff was extraordinary. Our room was newly decorated. It was large and well furnished and equipped. There was a huge new LG high definition TV. The l'occitane amenities are fine. Comfortable robes, huge towels, a coffee bar, and a doggie bed, doggie treats, a bowl and water dish and any thing else one could want was provided. Room service was delicious and timely.

The secret door into the Mandalay Bay casino is there to allow us to slip through the rabbit hole and into the world of make believe of Vegas is right at hand!

We have stayed at many Four Seasons Hotels. The Four Seasons LV is a fine member of an extraordinary hotel group. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012
Westbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have been a regular at the Four Seasons Las Vegas for past several years. It is an all around outstanding experience. From the time you enter the private entrance next to Mandalay Bay, right up to the time you stretch out at their private pool- just wonderful. The service staff from the front desk , bell hops, waiters, all friendly and extraordinarily friendly and prompt.
The wonderful experience of a Four Seasons Hotel experience with the Las Vegas Strip just moments away!!!! Go and enjoy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas? Share your experiences!