II stayed at the Four Seasons with my parents and sister at the culmination of a road trip of the west coast of the USA. Although there are some negative comments below, which disappointed us, I would definitely recommend staying here.
Overall, the hotel is a luxurious oasis from the frenzied pace of Las Vegas. The hotel is located on the top floors of the Mandalay Bay (except for the pool and communal areas, which are at ground floor level) and is currently undergoing refurbishment works. The improved rooms promise to be fabulous, although nowhere in the hotel looks scruffy or tired as it is.
A special mention should be made of the poolside area and service. Guests can use their hotel cards to enter the Mandalay Bay pool area (which is huge) but the Four Seasons is just so tranquil that we were happy to stay there.
1. Prior to arriving at the hotel, I had pre-paid to upgrade our rooms to strip view rooms as a surprise. I had a confirmatory email from the reservations department with me, confirming that both rooms would have a strip view and would be located next to each other. When we checked in, I made this clear to the reception attendant. He said that the rooms on his system were in fact opposite and only one of the two rooms had been upgraded to a strip view room, but he would amend both rooms after seeing the email. Despite this, when we arrived at my parents' room (my sister's and my room was not ready as we had arrived earlier than anticipated in the day) it was not a strip view.
I telephoned reception and the same member of staff said he thought only one room was to be strip view, despite the lengthy conversation we had just had at the reception desk a few minutes earlier. This gave me the impression that he was not particularly interested in what I had said. It took an hour to reallocate the room, with various mixed messages from staff in the meantime, and this took the edge of the surprise I had arranged. The new room was down the corridor.
2. The poolside restaurant is lovely but the breakfast staff got our order wrong every day on our stay and we were overcharged every day. As the staff were slow and seemed to be confused by any order not fitting within the pre-set options on the menu, we opted not to dispute this at the time.
3. The hotel bar is scheduled to close at about 10pm and in reality closes much earlier. Although guests can access the Mandalay Bar facilities at all times of day, we had booked to stay in the Four Seasons and for a hotel of this calibre not to have any bar facilities or staff in the evening was, in our view, unacceptable.
I would definitely stay here again. It is much more tranquil than any competitor hotels. I think some service issues do not ironing out, however
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas offers newly renovated luxurious accommodations and unparalleled service with direct access to the adjacent Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino and the city's signature action and night life. Private PoolFour Seasons Hotel Las Vegas is home to a lushly landscaped private pool and during the warmer months offers signature amenities such as passed frozen fruit and chilled Evian Spritz. Guests also have access to Mandalay Beach, which includes a wave pool, lazy river and real sand. Stylish sophisticationLocated on floors 35-39 of the Mandalay Bay tower, Four Seasons' newly renovated guest rooms are stylish and sophisticated, reflecting the energy and glamour of Las Vegas. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer sweeping views of the glittering Las Vegas Strip and surrounding desert scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia and Odigeo so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
- Four Seasons Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Four Seasons