“New Years Eve” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“New Years Eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had a great time at the Rio! At registration we got a little comp play money and NYE dinner which was very nice, check in was very brief and pleasurable through Seven Stars. Our room was large and very comfortable despite the fact that we spent most of our time in the casino. The beds were WONDERFULLY comfortable and the TV was very large though we didn't use it much. We had a great time at the tables and bars and had a special treat to a jamming band. We stay here often and my complaints are minimal, this time I forgot my toothbrush and there wasn't one in the room, and second, love the Kuerig coffee makers but there was only makings for 2 cups. Both issues were easily resolved when I saw housekeeping in the hall, she gave more coffee and a toothbrush. Best of all, by old friend who was visiting from LA hit a Royal Flush and went home a very happy camper.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,466)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had a great time here for New Years Eve! The staff is great, the food is great, but the casino play could use some help. We have played at many casinos, but this experience was not so good this time. Played slots and tables and neither paid out. Seemed like the machines were so tight and the tables would not pay. Maybe due to the holiday, but not much fun if you can not even win a little. Not saying that I expected to walk away a winner, just trying to play a little longer with the money we gamble with. Win a little, lose a little. Overall probably walk away losing, but having fun and being entertained for a while as we play. Not the case here!

Room Tip: All the rooms we have ever stayed in at the Rio are great
West Hollywood, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was my first time staying at the Rio. Normally I stay at hotels on the strip, but this time I was in town for more business related items so I looked for an economical alternative that was away from the craziness that can be The Strip, but was not so remote that it made venturing to the strip and surrounding area cumbersome.

The Rio satisfied those requirements. I had secured a standard King suite through Hotwire.com at a very reasonable rate for a weekend stay in the city.

Upon my arrival I had asked if there were anyway to get an upgraded room to possibly a Samba Suite (you never know unless you ask!), which is one of their more newly remodeled and modern rooms. I was informed buy the desk clerk checking me in that they had already upgraded me and that they were placing me in their Masquerade suite, which was a larger room with sweeping views of the strip. I was a little apprehensive because that meant I would be placed in one of the rooms that was still a bit older. Of course I'm not one to refuse an upgrade so I accepted.

To my amazement the room was simply spectacular! Yes the furnishings were slightly dated, but they were all very clean and well maintained and very comfortable.

The suite was all that they had promised and definitely went beyond my expectations. Beautiful views of the mountains and the strip, well accommodated rooms and very spacious (1600 sq. ft.) with separate dining, sleeping and restroom areas.

The service from the staff was exceptional as well. Everyone was very friendly, courteous and accommodating to my needs.

Do I think this is a normal experience? possibly. If they have upgrades available they are definitely willing to provide their customers with a better experience than expected. The value I received for the room type was amazing.

Before this weekend I would not have ever thought to stay at the Rio, but after my experience I will definitely be keeping this hotel on my short-list of go-to options when visiting Las Vegas in the future.

I guess sometimes you have to venture off your regular route to discover gems, and this was one of those occasions.

Room Tip: Make sure and request an upgraded room whenever possible. Because the hotel is located off the strip...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our experience at the Rio was very disappointing. First the $20 resort fee is a joke. You can only log on using one device in your room (one computer or one iPhone). The service is slow and flaky. The rest of the resort fee covers the fitness room. We are on a hectic schedule so this was not an option this trip to vegas. Further, in the winter, don't expect the water for your shower to be warm for a while. It takes over 10 minutes each time we turn the shower on before the water gets warm. That is 10 minutes of running water before it gets warm. There was also a dirty q-tip left in the shower. Coffee? There is a Keurig in the room, but you must call to get the coffee pods brought up. The rooms are large and the bed is comfy. Gambling…not the best place to gamble. The odds are especially not in your favor. Food? Way overpriced for what it is.

Room Tip: Make sure you are a distance from the ice machines and elevators.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It was truly disheartening to hear of your dissatisfaction while you were our guest. Please accept our apology for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will work on ensuring all our guests have a memorable experience.
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The rio is a nice hotel that is located just off the strip. If you take cabs to other casinos it is a great location because less traffic. Great staff they go the extra step because they are not located on strip.They have a shuttle that takes you to ballys free if you wish. Great place to bring in new year.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed here from Jan 1- Jan 3 with my hubby..

Pros:
1) Huge rooms - Absolutely massive
2) Quite clean
3) Casinos
4) Good value for money
5) Home to Chippendales and World Poker Tournament

Cons:
1) Check in - It may be coz it was Jan1, but never ever had to wait 1 hr (no exaggeration) in check-in line to complete registration
2) No frills in rooms - We were charged $3 for wine opener, $8 for coffee and $6 for tea
3) Older people - Although there are several restaurants and a club here. You only see people in late 30s and older lining up. Also no one seemed dressed as one would to go to Tao/ Hakkasan
4) 5 mins drive to the strip
5) Indian restaurant in the restaurant was pretty awful

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I don't know why I haven't stayed here before as I come to Vegas way too often. In any case, I checked in past midnight on Christmas Day and Eric from Michigan at the front desk was a great host! He hooked me up with a beautiful, large room that was completely quiet for my five day stay.

The rooms are quite large and do come equipped with a fridge and a mini bar. The bed was super soft and comfortable. There is a shuttle that goes to the strip, but rental cars aren't too much in Vegas. It was nice being close to the Goldcoast Casino too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!