“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lincoln, NE
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed Nov 9-11, 2012; Ipanema Tower; Room 345 & my sister/brother-in-law were in Room 336; sister's room had a big stain on carpet, and carpet seam coming apart; our room was fine, except for a few 'holes' in the blackout curtains that allowed some sun to shine in, although it was filtered; standard tub/shower with toilet & sink in it's own room; outside of that is a long counter with sink-hairdryer & Keurig coffee maker--we borrowed 'cups' to take with us after reading previous reviews; husband was happy to have his morning coffee. closet with safe & refrigerator for personal items--do NOT use the mini bar as a personal fridge--is a note on the outside that says you will be charged if anything is moved inside it; Hallways were very dirty and in need of vacuum; don't think they were ever cleaned while we were there; could hear loud music 'thumping' until 2 or 3 AM each night in our room; don't know where it was coming from; we did not eat any meals at the Rio...the buffet is expensive! Instead, walk across the street to the Gold Coast Casino--nice buffet & reasonably priced--get their 'rewards card' and will get $2 off your buffet--also has a nice liquor store-bought beer for the room and bottled water much cheaper than the Rio--found out most of the casinos only carry Pepsi products--so was hard to find a Diet Dr. Pepper--finally found one on the strip at a grocery store! Gold Coast also has a nice sports bar where we watched the Husker football game. Since the Rio is off the strip, took advantage of the free shuttle--you can take one to Harrah's or one to Bally's--there are separate 'lines' for each shuttle, so make sure you get on the right one, as you are only dropped off at the one that shuttle goes to--I will admit I was very worried to stay at the Rio from all the 'bad' reviews I had read prior to our trip--but we had to stay there as my sister was there for a convention--turned out to not be near as bad, in my opinion, as what people have been reporting...

4,286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,015)
  • Thai first
Slayton, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked this because it was a great deal for a Thursday night. Older rooms,smelly... felt yucky walking on carpet and sleeping. Loveseat was stained. Weird see through window from room into shower...not family friendly! They did give us a free cot when they found out our daughter was going to sleep on floor...the check in guy squinched up his face and said "no, she can't sleep THERE" and I got the feeling he thought it was gross, too. In and out as quick as we could. Would NOT stay again, even to save $$$.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

A few positives: inexpensive room, great rooftop bar and cheap tables.

Thur rooms are compareablle to a cheap motel. The worse thing about this hotel is the service. I have to say I walked up to a dirty bar with dirty glasses in front of me and the bartender actually asked me to clean them up. I mentioned they were not mine and I just wanted a couple of beers to take back up to my room. He said if I wanted a beer I need to bring him the dirty glasses. The manager apologized but that was just one example of the horrible service.

Yes this hotel is inexpensive but you get what you pay for. The worst hotel I've stayed at in Vegas.

• Stayed November 2012
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Just got back from a thanksgiving getaway at the Rio. I usually stay at the Palazzo but this was a last minute trip, so my choices were a bit limited. 7th floor Ipanema (old tower) strip view. Party music from the clubs shake this tower so be prepared. Only 4 check-in attendants and a huge line at 2pm. Charged $15 for "early check in" before 4pm. What? Lame. Not too crowded from there but just a different vibe. Elevators are old and need updating. Rooms are decent in size but everything needs an update. Stains on the carpet and I found food under the couch. Bed was soft but nothing special. Casino is average with a little musty smell from the smoke over the years. Can't complain about the food as everything was ample the lines were surprisingly short. The price to stay here was awesome at $39 a night so that made everything at the Rio that much better. Perfect price for this hotel.

Room Tip: Base thumps in the Ipanema Tower and the walls are paper thin. The Masquerade Tower is much better.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lizella
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We like the Rio because it is away from the traffic of the strip. We rent a car and valet park at all the strip hotels to get around. For a couple of dollars tip you can hop from hotel to hotel. It cuts down on the walking. The rooms at the Rio are spacious and clean and quite. I always ask for a room as high up as possible. This time we got a fantastic view of the dessert and the mountains. We don't eat at the Rio, so i have no opinion on their food. The beds are good. They have a Starbucks for coffee, and several reasonable gift shops. I would stay there again. I like not getting any bad surprises. I have always been pleased with them.

Room Tip: the higher floors have the best views. When i took my parents in 2010, they said the view made the...
vancouver bc canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed in Las Vegas this past week and went to the Rio to see a Michael Jackson tribute show at their "Crown Theater". We bought the tickets and were told 3 different starting times. The show started 20 minutes late and was full of problems such as a poor sound system a sound man from hell who thought we wanted to hear the band more than the vocals .The biggest problem wasn't all of the above however it was the terrible attitude that the people running the show displayed to all the patrons. This is the second problem we have had in dealing with the people at this hotel with a very poor attitude towards the patrons of the hotel. They actually laughed at us because we complained that standing in line for a show that was scaled down to 45 minutes because it started late was really disrespectful.. This is a hotel to stay away from. It's not the latitude that's the problem it's the attitude.

Room Tip: Make sure you know what you are buying ahead of time. I have visited Las Vegas over 30 times since 2...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

While staying at the RIO (for my birthday) we had our IPAD stolen by the maid. How do we know this? The IPAD had a GPS tracking device installed which lead to the recovery of the IPAD at the maid's place of residence. See the tracking device gave Metro police the address where the IPAD was located and upon their search they found the stolen equipment. Now she is being charged with, Grand Larceny. All of this after the RIO refused to take any responsibility for the missing item.

So, upon discovering that the IPAD was gone the RIO made every attempt possible to NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY. They asked us every question you can think of in regards to use leaving the IPAD somewhere in the casio, in a bag, in your car, etc. Placing responsibility on someone else.

Long story short, they have denied a claim made by use to them stating, 'Based upon a careful analysis of the facts presented to us, we have concluded that there is no evidence to suggest that Rio Las Vegas was negligent in any way in this situation.' SERIOUSLY? They then inform me that the Statue of Limitations for stolen property is 3 years and thank me for my business. AGAIN, SERIOUSLY. Take your form letter and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

If a maid employed by you steals property and you say it's not your responsibility. That's the reason this hotel is falling apart because it's no one's responsibility to maintain it. If you stay at this hotel you will need to take everything with you or lock it in the safe.

Unfortunately, if you buy a piece of art and you didn't drive to Vegas where are you suppose to put it? Considering your staff can't be trusted. No matter how cheap this hotel is I don't suggest you stay there. YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET! LOSERS!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!