I stayed here for 5 nights at the beginning of November. It was my first time to Vegas (I was there on business) and the Rio makes me never want to go back again. Here are my issues:
1. It took over half an hour to check in. I had to stand in line dragging all my luggage behind me every the line inched forward.
2. The casino is VERY smokey. I've worked in several bars in the past and have never been bothered by the smoke. There must be ventilation issues, or none at all.
3. I didn't have a hot shower the entire time I was there. At best it was luke warm but most the time it was awful and miserable. The shower drain also didn't drain quickly, so I had to stand in pool of cold water.
4. The walls are very thin. I was awoken several times just by the people next door having a conversation. One night I was awoken by loud music coming from 16 floors below me shaking the bed. I barely got any sleep while I was there.
5. You can hear the plumbing all around you constantly. I know I sound like I'm a kvetch but it was loud enough to wake me up at night.
6. My room key was deactivated several hours before I checked out, so I had to go all the way down to the desk (which is really far) and have them give me a new a key.
The only caveat is that the service was great. Everyone at the hotel was really nice and helpful. Overall, if it's cheaper and you're only in Vegas for a few hours to party, sure why not. But if you actually want to get some sleep and have a decent shower, then no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious suites and luxurious amenities complement the gaming thrills, sumptuous dining and hot entertainment found at Rio. The excitement of Carnival radiates throughout the casino floor and out to the pools of VooDoo Beach where guests can soak up the sun in both family-friendly and adults-only areas. Inside, guests can dine at Martorano’s, an Italian restaurant serving the world’s greatest meatballs, or experience the city’s finest panoramic views at VooDoo Steak. Rio’s Carnival World and Village Seafood buffets have been voted the city’s best and shouldn’t be missed. Crown Theater, a nightclub and live music venue, books everyone from Platters, Cornell Gunter Coasters & Marvelettes to Devo. Of course, you may prefer to dance above the lights and under the stars at VooDoo Rooftop Nightclub. Back on the ground, entertainers Penn & Teller and the Chippendales keep audiences enraptured nightly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Vegas.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio All-Suite Hotel And Casino
- Rio All- Hotel Las Vegas
- Rio Suite Hotel
- Rio Hotel Las Vegas
- Rio Suite Resort
- Rio Casino
- Rio Suites