“Great value hotel with Vegas like amentities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
25% off on 4 nights!!!!
Ranked #42 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
Louisville, KY
“Great value hotel with Vegas like amentities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stayed in the 2BR suite with a strip view. First let me say that not all rooms have a strip view, so I highly recommend to request this type of room, otherwise, you're facing the mountains. I traveled with a group of 6 guys for a bachelor party and this was the perfect setup. We have a kitchen, fridge and 2.5 baths. We stopped at the local supermarket on the way in to pick up food and liquor which worked out nicely given the room had everything we needed to cook which saved us $$$. The casino is on average a 5-10 minute walk which isn't too bad. If you're looking to have a night out at the Palms, it is recommended to speak with concierge so they can connect you with a host. We were able to get 6 guys into Moon nightclub with free entry, no wait line and our own table and bottle for $570 tax, tip incl. The bathrooms at this hotel were amazing, the best I've seen in Vegas. In summary, if you're looking for a young, hip place with contemporary feel and great value, Palms Place is the way to go. It is off the strip which some may view as a disadvantage, but in all honestly, its only a $10 taxi ride.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

1,451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Hubby and I were on a trip to see the concert at the Palms Casino Pearl theater but we decided to stay at Palms Place instead because of the space that it offers (full kitchen+3TVs!+aveda shampoo,bath wash, cute living room area)
great experience with the friendly staff overall - valet (free), check-in counter, and room service etc.
View was spectacular (23rd floor studio) and we wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
berkeley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Last year I had an incident which they, I feel wrongs me, and did not apologize.

This year, my first night there which was March 31st at about 8:30 p.m. Report No. [--] (I was there for www.Vivalasvegas.net) a guy tried to steal my purse while I was big time gambling at the nickel slots. I was trying to deal with a voucher that wasn't going in the machine correctly and when I sat down, I saw my purse (which was on the seat on my left) was gone.

I jumped up and looked down the isle and saw a drunkish guy down the isle with a lump under his shirt. I started SCREAMING "Somebody help me! That man (I was pointing) stole my purse! You can see it under his shirt!" So of course not one single person helped me. I figured the Palms must have tons of under-cover security around. Where were they? So I grabbed the man and grabbed my purse and then I tried hold on to him (I am such a goober.)

I was screaming the whole time "Help me! Help me!" To make a long story short, he kept pushing me off him and we make it out side where finally a security guy side heard me screaming and he came to help. The drunk guy wasn't trying to leave very much till the guy said "Do you want us to arrest him?" and then he shot the hell out of dodge.

I yelled at the security guard. "No, he is just being a thief. But I want to know where the [--] YOUR security was when I was wrestling with him in the casino?" He said he didn't know if what I was saying was true. So we went inside (thief long gone). The video camera plus reports from dealers verified what I was saying. They gave me a diet Coke and then disappeared!

I talked to the floor manager the next day at noon and you know what he said? He said security is not for our personal safety! It is for the house not getting ripped off! Can you believe that crap? I went to the Orleans and asked the security there is that how this security thing works and their mouths dropped to the floor. They said they could not believe he said that to me. They said at the Orleans they most likely would have paid for my stay or upgraded my room. He just could NOT BELIEVE the manager said security was NOT THERE for our safety. That is what the man said. I will NEVER EVER EVER stay their again.

Last year, the same security guy who took my report on the 3rd was the same guy that accused me of being underage and pretending to be of age and playing the machines. When he saw my id, insteading of apologizing, he said I should be flattered! No matter he yelled at me in front of all the guests. The casino manager said the same thing. They never apologize there. I will NEVER EVER stay there again. As long as I live I will make sure people know how they treated me and what they said.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

The rooms were amazing! At Palms Place they are mini condo's. Living room, small dining area with a table, huge bed and bathroom. Faux hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances (yes it had a fridge, small stove, microwave), jacuzzi tub, balcony, amazing bed. It was one of the nicer places in Vegas I have stayed. It seems the staff is relying too heavily on how gorgeous the property is. The clocks had not been turned back from Daylight savings which was almost two weeks ago. The room had no room service menu and it took over one hour to get one delivered, the remote was missing from the bathroom and the other remote didn't work. It felt like the staff had become complacent because they had such a beautiful hotel to work at.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Monterey California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I have been to Las Vegas over 100 times and this hotel is one of the best.
My recent 2 night stay here was flawless.
Friendly and quick check in.
Beautiful modern suite with an Outside Balcony and panoramic views of the entire strip. The interiors of the suites are outstanding.
My room had very good air quality and no build up of cleaning product smells you find in many hotel rooms.
One of the nicest and largest bathrooms I have ever had in a hotel.
Terrific meal at Simons restaurant downstairs.
Unobtrusive and efficient housekeeping.
Free parking right in front of the hotel.
Terrific Spa.
I would highly recommend this hotel to people who want an upscale smoke free Las Vegas experience. It does help to have a car to get around from this hotel back to the strip but it is a very short cab ride.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Had the smarts to really dig and decided to stay at Palms Place for a three night business trip. the rates were ridiculously low since i was there Monday through Thursday. upgraded to a one Bedroom suite and loved it. staff at Spa, Simon, and front desk were top notch and attentive.

i will be staying there if it is affordable every tie i go back to Las Vegas

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Santa Clarita, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

I called to book a standard room at the Palms for a business trip and was told that for $10 more per night (about $250) we could upgrade to a 1200 sq ft suite. It was a no brainer.

The suite was basically an apartment with a separate private master bedroom, very comfortable beds, 2 baths, living room with fireplace, plasma TVs, a full kitchen and a great view of the city. It was far more space and luxury than what we needed but well worth an extra $20 for the weekend. I was wishing my girlfriend was with me instead of my business partner.

We were there during convention time and that meant higher minimum tables so I didn't gamble as much as I usually would. The Palms is modern Vegas all the way with fast paced play, crowded bars and more of a young party vibe. Aside from things getting crowded and the long walk from the Palms Place tower to the casino our stay was perfect.

We had all our meals at the hotel including breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacks and everything we ordered was good as was the service all around.

I've been getting promo offer emails since the trip and may take advantage of the deals. Great room, great food and a good value. No complaints about the prices. I may not choose to gamble here but would definitely stay at the Palms again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Palms Place Hotel Spa? Share your experiences!