“Freakin' Tasty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Musashi Japanese Steakhouse

Musashi Japanese Steakhouse
3900 Paradise Rd Ste W, Las Vegas, NV 89169 (Paradise)
(702) 735-4744
Neighborhood: Paradise
Holladay, Utah, United States
“Freakin' Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Chef was amazing! Food was excellent. They make a half dozen sauces or so that are all mind-blowing and delicious. I caught 4 shrimp in my mouth, in a row. Very impressive. We had a fantastic time and the service and food were great.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Good food, make sure you get the right cook”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went with about 15 people for a business team dinner. The food was good I thought, I had filet and lobster tail. Some of my colleagues weren't impressed with their food though. Our cook was excellent, fast and funny, but the cook on the other side was slow and not entertaining. It was very hot in the restaurant the whole time. Just an average place. Not bad at all, just average.

Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My usual teppanyaki restaurant is currently not cooking on the grill due to vent hood issues so when my brother wanted his birthday dinner at a teppanyaki place I went online to get some suggestions. I read about Musashi and most people seem to like their food so we gave it a try. The prices are fairly expensive and the food was mediocre. It took so long for the cooking of everything that by the time the vegetables were cooked no one cared or ate them. I had the Musashi special (prawns, scallops, lobster & filet $49.50). The apple ginger dressing on the salad was overwhelmingly ONION! The soup was extremely peppery. While the seafood was cooked nicely the nasty white sauce that was on it was off-putting. Since I didn't know that was how it was going to be cooked I had no chance to decline. The filet was OK - nothng special.

The sauces that I've seen people rave about were not offered to us. We got the standard ginger sauce (not bad) and a mystery other sauce (nasty and bitter). The chef did make me a spicy sauce but it just OK. The fried rice was OK certainly not something i would rave about.

The best part of the meal was the chef and the show he put on for us. We had kids with us so we got the "G" version (the couple next to us said that normally the show is more of an "R" rating). He was very personable and made everyone smile.

Overall I find this restaurant to be mediocre and forgettable especially for the price.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bozeman, Montana
“Fantastic restaurant in Vegas - don't miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I just had my 3rd visit to Musashi Japanese Steakhouse and I brought my parents for their first trip. This is my favorite restaurant in Las Vegas and now it is my parent's favorite restaurant also. It is reasonably priced and you will leave stuffed. The food is incredible (the best fried rice anywhere) and their sauces they make (right at the table) are the best. I have been to many other teppanyaki restaurants and this one is the best by far.

I followed Tiger (owner) from his time working as the head chef at a chain teppanyaki in Las Vegas. He got tired of not being allowed to make the changes that he wanted, so he left them and started his own restaurant. He has perfected his craft and has taught his other chefs very well. We had his brother-in-law this trip and he did an outstanding job. I have had Tiger cook for our table many times at his previous employment and on one of my visits to this restaurant. He is by far the best Tappanyaki chef I have every had. His skills, interaction with the guests and his sauces are all top notch.

I had the steak and prawns and the meal was only $29.00. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better deal in Las Vegas for dinner. Do yourself a favor and stop by this fantastic restaurant the next time you are in Las Vegas, you will not be disappointed. I will be eating here every trip I make to Vegas and now my parents will be doing the same.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The Woodlands, Texas
“Tiger's Teppanyaki is Tops!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had Tiger take great care of our party of eight and it was the best Teppanyaki experience I have had anywhere in the world. He made homemade dipping sauces in addition to the standard offerings and cooked the food to perfection. For a great night in Las Vegas this should be on your list.

Visited January 2013