“Not worth what we paid for” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas

You added Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 N. Main St., Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Main Street Inn)   |
Ranked #159 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Not worth what we paid for”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

After calling several hotels the night before, ABVI was the only hotel that was pet-friendly that wasn't sold out for the day of our stay (I assume almost all the hotels we called that were pet friendly were sold out because of the SEMA convention).
We paid a little over $200something dollars including pet fees. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed in compared to ones that were near the strip that had more amenities. For $200+, I was certain that we were going to be given the same amenities: breakfast and at least a fridge. It was also in a bad part of town. Though the restrooms appeared clean, there seemed to be a foul odor. The customer service was the worst.
While the gentleman I spoke to on the phone was nice, the lady that I dealt with at the front desk with the magenta lipstick was rude. I thought to myself maybe she was having a bad day, so I wasn't too quick to call her rude. The next day one of the vending machines took my money and so I went to ask her nicely if there was any way she could unlock the machine so that I could retrieve my food. She didn't say a word and gave me an unpleasant face and grabbed her keys and went to the cash box in her drawer and gave me back my change. Even then, I said "thank you," and she had the same annoyed face and sat back down and away from me, not ever uttering a word or making eye contact.

• Stayed November 2014
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
I thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay with us. The SEMA convention is one of our largest conventions of the year. I will share your comments with the General Manager and with our staff at our next staff meeting. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newport Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We booked a NON-smoking room on Orbitz and when we checked in we were rudely told that all they had left were smoking rooms. After showing our reservation and explaining, the front desk person told us to take it up with Orbitz because that's what they gave us, even though the reservation clearly listed non-smoking. Lovely how they blamed it on Orbitz not themselves for overbooking.

It's Vegas, we get it. But these days it is actually possible to stay in a non-smoking room even in that city. Needless to say all our clothes smelled horrible the rest of the trip, despite keeping the suitcase closed start to finish except when taking clothes in or out of it. We even had to keep our nicer clothes in the car to prevent the smell from infiltrating, and had to avoid touching surfaces as much as we could the entire time.

The shower didn't drain properly, the top linens were grimy, and the only saving grace was the surprisingly comfortable bed. When we were leaving the next morning we spotted a huge insect on the wall-thankfully we were out of that disgusting place.

The hotel offers a 2 free drink coupon at the bar downstairs. We checked it out but due to the VERY questionable (local) clientele decided to pass. Being rufied on your vacation isn't worth it. We weren't expecting much given the area and nightly rate however our standards were low to begin with and we were pretty disappointed. Location was ONLY good thing about this place.

Room Tip: Pray for lack of bugs
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your recent stay with us. I do hope that you continue to choose Vantage properties for your lodging needs.
Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I have been driving 12 hours today and wanted a nice quiet room so I could get some sleep. I asked at the front desk if it would be a quiet room, and she said yes. But it is 10:30pm right now, and it is so noisy, I cannot get to sleep. I phoned the front desk to complain, and she called me back to say the manager told me I could check out right now if I wanted to (at 10:30pm!!!) and they would not charge me. Oh my god, you must be kidding me. What kind of a manager is that? You really think I am going to get out of bed, pack all my stuff and go find another hotel at this time of night? How pathetic is that???

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at my property, Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas.

You are correct, I did offer the option of checking out without charge. I had sent a member of my staff down to stand outside of your room and report if there was noise that was coming from either of the rooms next to yours. He reported that there was not noise that he could hear.

Las Vegas was extremely busy on Saturday with a Life is Beautiful Fest happening half a mile away in the Fremont Street area. I did not have a room to move you to and felt that offering you the opportunity to find accommodations further outside the city was appropriate. I am sorry you did not feel the same.

I do hope that you continue to choose Americas Best Value Inns for your lodging needs and again, I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

i stayed 6 nights the room i had a king it was GREAT! large clean very comfortable the flat screen was a nice touch a mini fridge wish they had a microwave though to heat my leftovers the resturant adjoining the lobby is outstanding guilty of over ordering grounds were kept clean and its quite as for the front desk i do find they need better customer skills but its not a deal breaker with me the pool cant say not my thing but i will return on my next break from the road

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you again. Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We had an excellent experience with the staff and the room was great! It was cozy and very clean. We got a great deal on the room and it was much better than our experience with a different casino hotel. It was really close to the strip and an ok neighborhood. We really enjoyed our stay and we won't go anywhere else for our next Vegas trip!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Hello,

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly hope to welcome you back when you visit Las Vegas again.
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We had a wonderful time at this hotel great location just a few blocks from old Las Vegas- friendly staff- cheap rates and there is a wonderful warm pool.
The room was clean and the shower had amazing pressure. the room was well equipped with towels and an iron and ironing board witch was very handy.

The room was cleaned and the sheets where changed around our schedule witch was nice, we always came back to a clean room.
the 24 hour bar was great, they served coffee and tea 24 hours and always put on a fresh pot.

We will defiantly stay there again !!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review of your recent stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you again and wish you safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We traveled through vegas on our way to California. This was a great buy and a good place to a stay. Rooms were recently remodeled. They asked the nature of our visit and gave is a more quiet room. Friendly staff and very clean! Check their website before making plans for prices of places to stay. For the money, this was money well spent!

Stayed June 2014
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We do hope to welcome you again and wish you safe travels!

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas? Share your experiences!