“Not bad but if you pay the same you could find better hotels near major attractions.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas

You added Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 N. Main St., Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Main Street Inn)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #140 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I am in Las Vegas for the first time and I reserved this hotel before I came to Vegas.
I was quite happy with this hotels price and quality= Nothing is bad at all and quite comfortable to sleep in. Plus if you had a car like we did, there is no problem with this hotels location either.
But I want to tell my fellow travelers here that=
If you pay the same or less you can stay in a hotels near major casinos and attractions with the same or little better quality.
*** Especially in week days you will easily find a lot cheaper hotels.
So my suggestion is == this hotel is a good choice only for Saturday night.
You may ask me but if others (cheaper than this hotels were full?
It is impossible in week day's night because too many casino hotels are with almost empty.Let's enjoy American Bad Economy! You may even find 20$/night hotels.
Here is one more important suggestion***
You may think stay cheap in a hotels near the monorail station to enjoy Vegas,,, one single ride of the monorail costs 5$.
So you need to decide either want to ride it ( return 10$ cost may make you stay in a closer or better hotels) or stay near the center (like motel 8 is a good choice especially for ones without car.)

For those who can not sleep in a noise , you must turn off aircons in these hotels in USA. ( I tried about 7 hotels with like this price zone and almost all aircon were noisy enough to bother my friend, I no care though.)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. We do strive to make each guest's stay a comfortable one.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

we have stayed there before and the hotel has been kept up - the rooms were clean and furnished well. The café was a clean and very friendly place with good reasonably priced meals.
There wasd a co9mmunity fun event going on in the parking lot when we arrived - some sort of Fundraiser for a sick neighborhood child - everyone was having a good time but the whole thing was over by 8:30 and the room was quiet and we got a good night's sleep and were able to be on our way early the next morning

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
I thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again on a future visit to Las Vegas.
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a fantastic Hotel to stay in while in Las Vegas. Right off downtown so it is a little oasis from the hustle and bustle of Downtown or the strip. With that being said, it is also more accomodating price wise, with very clean rooms and a housekeeping staff ready to help you with any of your room cleaning needs. The bar and restaurant is top notch!! The food is outstanding...A+...the drinks are very reasonable priced and it is a very friendly atmosphere with great service from all the bartenders. Definatly give it a try, you will not regret it at all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I loved reading your review and thank you so much for your kind words. Nothing makes us feel better than knowing that we left a great impression on one of our valued guests. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff and we certainly hope to welcome you again on a future visit to Las Vegas.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to write a review and wish you safe travels!
Gunnison, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The thing I disliked the most is the location, it is about 3 city blocks from Freemont St (Experience)we were four ladies who planned to take cabs to get to places. The first day we decided we would walk to Freemont to see if it is close and safe...the buildings were abandoned and creepy on our way there. So at night we decided to take a cab, but was almost impossible to get any taxi to take us back to our hotel! Why? because it was too close and they wanted to make more money. SEVEN taxi refused to take us to our hotel at around 11PM So we walked to our hotel---most dangerous walk ever!! Do not walk near this location at night!!
Rooms were okay. Spent about $315/ night (Spring Break)--don't think it was worth it but all other hotels were booked.
BTW there are always police around, a taxi driver said it was because it was in FACT a HIGH-CRIME area.

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building not on the building next door. (2 Buildings)
Hello,

I thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our property. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied as we strive to make each guest's stay a comfortable one.
I respond to all reviews and I particularly wanted to touch on your statement that you paid approximately $315 per night?? We have never charged that high of an amount for a guest room in the 15 years I have been with the property in one capacity or another. If you paid $315 for a room night I ask that you contact the hotel directly and ask to speak to the Sales Manager. I will make any adjustment necessary.
I also must comment on the fact that many police officers visit our property regularly because we offer a generous discount to the first responders who service our area. We feel this is good business and a sign of respect for those hard working men and women. I do apologize for any problems you had with cab service and I would encourage you to make a complaint with the taxi authority if you experience this treatment in Las Vegas or any other city.
Again, I am sorry you were not completely satisfied and I encourage you to contact me if you were charged $315 for a room night at our property.
prescott, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The room was spacious, exceptionally clean and away from traffic. We enjoyed the complimentary beers in the lounge and the friendly server. We booked there by mistake (we meant to stay closer to Henderson) but overall it was a great value for a one-night stay. We were on family business and did not want a rowdy or glitzy Vegas hotel. Highly recommend for the budget conscious or those who prefer to spend their money on the Strip instead of on accommodations.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the separate building across from the pool, away from traffic.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Hello,
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property. I'm glad you found us and hope that you stay with us on a future trip to Las Vegas (or Henderson). It's always nice to hear a compliment regarding an employee and I am glad that the server made you feel very welcome. Again, I thank you and we hope to welcome you again!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

A good no-nonense hotel for three European guys who had a short break in Vegas.
It was a pretty big room, clean, pretty comfortable and for a very good price.

The staff was friendly, especially Theresa, a great, gorgeous bartender, very friendly and happy, who shows how fun her work can be!
We will come back only for her!

A little minus was the public restroom on the main floor; could be a little bit more cleaner.
Actually, the place was virtual unkown by cab drivers.
We had to show them the way.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas. We strive to make each guest feel at "home" and I am so very happy that Theresa helped to make your stay enjoyable. I will share your comments with her and also with the General Manager.

We hope to see you again in the future. Until then, we wish you safe travels!
Florissant, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and clean. The room was big for the price. We were happy with our stay, and we would stay here again. We had a room that was pet friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kimberley P, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our property. We hope to see you again in the future and we wish you safe travels!

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Las Vegas? Share your experiences!