“You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109-3611 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #152 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. It really is very cheap, I only paid about $38 per night. Off the strip hotel, slightly inconvenient if you wanna take the monorail. Taxi costs about $10 from Caesars or Ballys.

Free shuttle service to/from airport and to/from Ballys but their shuttle has no A/C which really makes it very stuffy and uncomfortable.

The rooms are really big and spacious but are kinda old and the beds need to be changed cause they offer no back support whatsoever.

Having said all that, air con in rooms is good, concierge is efficient, free luggage storage was provided and on the whole, value for money. You always get what you pay for and no exception here.

• Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I didn't like this hotel at all. Sure rooms are big but that is all, the beds were hard as a rock. Really poor service and the specially from a lady if I can call it that with no people skills name Patti. I book this hotel online and charge my credit card, after I got there they charge me additional $50 dollars that they wanted cash and I ended up paying with my wife's card because they didn't want mine. Now I am looking at my bank statement and I have an additional $95 charge to my card again. This is outrageous how can a hotel be so incompetent. I will never stay there again or let anybody I know stay in that place.

• Stayed September 2014
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I needed a room for only 1 night (thank goodness) because Treasure Island was not available the entire time I needed it. When I arrived at the Mardi Gras, I found out there was a fight at the MGM and that's why all the other hotels were full. Guess this hotel... or should I say motel to be more accurate, was not the first choice for a lot of people.

This place is old, run down, hot, tiny 1 room casino with a handful of mostly poker machines (only saw 1 slot machine). It did not resemble what they portray on their web site.

Internet didn't work just like many other reviewers complained about, AC was off when I came in the room and took until midnight to get it cool enough to sleep. Many of the wall outlets are so worn out they don't grip the plug well enough to get an electrical connection. The hotel is not on the strip so you have to take their shuttle van to get there or a cab. They charge $5 a day for use of the van whether you plan to use it or not. It did not feel safe outside at night around this hotel. There are many other Vegas hotels I have stayed in that were cheaper than this one and a lot nicer.

The only thing good I can say about the place is that the rooms were spacious and there was a microwave and fridge. Oh and the blond barmaid was very good and kind to the customers.

I will not stay here again. One night was enough for me.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was our second stay at The Mardi Gras. The rooms are nice, we had a queen room with a sitting room. Bathrooms had been updated since our last stay. Everything was clean and neat. Quiet, away from the hustle bustle of the strip. Very convenient to monorail and the hotel shuttle goes to the strip every hour.

Service leaves a lot to be desired.
1. Went for breakfast our first morning, one gentleman was waiting tables. 7 other employees were walking in and out. The waiter kept stopping to talk to them took 5 minutes for him to acknowledge us. Stood there waiting for us to decide what to order from the menus, then went back to visit with our order still on his pad. Food was OK, the waiter never came back to offer more coffee or anything else.

2. Wanted an afternoon snack one day and walked to the restaurant/bar to grab a soda and an order of fries. Stood in the entryway for over 5 minutes and no one showed, no waiter, no bartender. There was someone at the Casino desk who just sat there and looked at me. Never offered assistance. I just left without talking to anyone.

3. Went to the bar for a drink and a little gambling. There were 4 others at the bar. Bartender was having some issue with register. Once he got that straightened out he went over to the people who had been served and starting talking to them. The guy at the Casino desk came in and he mixed him a drink (drinking while working? :() We were just about to leave when the bartender came around the bar and said he would be right with us. Not sure why he did that as we were sitting at the bar and he had to go back around to serve us.

4. Went to the breakfast Buffet advertised 7-11am. A 10 a couple walked in and the waitress yelled across the room "We are closed already" the couple said "closed?" And she replied "yes, close at 10 today"

Didn't expect.a 5 star hotel, but it was nice and clean and quiet. Seemed to be a few "locals" hanging about and there was a squirming in the lobby with them one night that was quickly dealt with by the staff. I do, however expect friendly and helpful service. Seemed to be extra employees around all the time, not sure what thier roles where as all I saw was they were there to distract the ones who were servicing customers. The two women we worked with at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The maid staff was as well....the rest need some training.

Shuttle bus driver was great as well.....but the van was dirty and the A/C must have been broken as the driver had the window down and it was HOT in the van.

We are not one's to throw a fit, just quietly walk away baking our heads...and review on trip advisor so others know what to expect. We like the location off the strip, the rooms, the price, and the convenience. Will definitely look at others Hotels in the area for next time.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Wilrijk, Antwerpen, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during our road trip in the west of the USA so we have had a reasonable amount of comparables. Overall this was a disappointing experience from the beginning until just before the end of our stay. First our check in where the girl accepted our credit card and gave us our room key without ever looking at us. We found the lobby to be very unwelcoming, certainly with the bar being closeby. Secondly the car parked next to ours was damaged during the night. The room was clean but was not very cosy, with a strange 'fence' in between the two queen beds. We were actually surprised that the receptionist who checked us out was actually the only one living up to their catchy tagline of "the friendliest place to stay"
One important tip if you already booked while reading this, do ask for a first (ground floor) room since the elevators have a very very unreliable feel to them and we were really afraid when we took the elevator near the back of the building once. Do note that there is no wifi except near the lobby.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was sufficient for the price and they are spacious. But the WiFi sucks!!! I reported a problem every day and every day they had a new excuse. It would have been better for them to just admit they have the worst WiFi ever.

Room Tip: I reluctantly say Yes to WiFi. The service is horrid! Just because the WIFi is free - don't expe...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent reveiw of your stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us except for the Wi-Fi in your room. We do apologize for the inconvenience and that we are working on it with our Internet provider. We do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas area that you would choose to stay with us again..
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you want the true meaning of the word "dive" look no further. This dump is located near the convention center and is dirt cheap. The reason is because it's repulsive. I came for a convention and it was part of a Travelocity package. At 35.00 or so a night it was overpriced

It's dirty and rundown and seedy. I've been here for 3 days and the same empty bottles and newspapers haven't been touched. The entranceway is "guarded " by a homeless bunch of drunks. The lobby is so smoke filled as is the casino and bar that you need a gas mask to walk through. The average age of guests is about 20 or so and most of the couples look like their pictures belong in a post office. It's really scary. The place is del new ownership but really should be condemned. Stay away!!!!!

Foodie 141
Naples

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!