“Likely won't stay again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109-3611 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #141 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
Missoula
“Likely won't stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We booked this room through a soccer tournament. It was a "stay and play" tournament so the organizers had pre-selected hotels for the teams to stay. I assume the prices were discounted for this purpose. The set up of the rooms was good; two beds separated by a half wall. Very plain and only somewhat clean. Didn't like fact that the doors opened up into the parking lot. Door chains had been broken off so although safety wasn't a concern, we definitely thought about it.

Very smoky in lobby and restaurant areas. We ate breakfast in the little restaurant; food was fine; service was good. Service was very good and staff was very pleasant.

We ended up switching to a hotel on the strip after one night. The feel of the hotel was just not something we wanted. Fairly run down; strip hotels much more expensive but much nicer.

Room Tip: Upper floor??
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank You for your recent comments aabout your stay with us. We area very sorry that you only stayed 1 night with us. We area very proud of our property for the ease of getting in and out of your room with out going for a very long walk as you do with the Major Resorts on the strip and their rates. We do Thank You for your comments.

691 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

good location and good value. Breakfast didn't have all the items they claim, so we only ate there one time. Whole family really liked the pool. all the big expensive resorts with their resort fees and such have pools that are mobbed. The one at this hotel had just a few at a time using it, so it was accessable. Oh the rooms are fairly spacious. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank You for you comments about your recent stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed our Pool Area and Large Rooms. We do hope that if you area traveling to Las Vegas that you would choose to stay with us again...
Green Valley, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For the good news, my room was very nice - large, living room area, comfortable bed, shower was great and having a kitchen - well, a 'fridge and coffee maker,anyway, was wonderful. Now for the not so sood part: the lobby is cramped and smokey with the obligatory 40 or so gambling machines. No one picked me up at the airport, the elevator is a bit scary and there were 2 garbage cans just outside the elevator on the 3rd floor for the roof/ceiling that was coming apart an apparently leaking. Most of the staff was was very nice, but several were, well surly might be the best description. The wifi did not work the entire 4 nights I was there.

When I arrived I was told that there was a $5/day "resort" fee. Trust me, this place is NOT a resort. When I asked what it was for I was told it covered the airport shuttle, in-room coffee and the wifi. When they tried to charge me the $20 plus tax when I left, I told them that I never had wifi, despite repeated requests of staff, I don't drink coffee and the shuttle never showed up when I called them when I arrived. They removed the charge.

Oh, did I mention that no one made up my room the first day?

The price is very reasonable. The location is not too bad, and the place was quiet. I saw folks enjoying the pool and spa and, as I said, once inside the room, it was very nice.

As my title says, the Mardi Gras is a real mixed bag, but it appeared to me that at least cosmetically, a lot of work was being done.

Room Tip: I liked being on the top - 3rd - floor. For quiet, either be away from the pool or up higher.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed our large rooms and friendly staff. The $5.00 Resort Fee covers the Complimentary shuttle that runs every hour on the hour from 7am to 10pm and will pick up at McCarran International Airport once you contact the Hotel and let us know that you have arrived. We do apologize about the smokey lobby and Casino area as thsi is Las Vegas and it is acceptable. We do hope tath if your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas Area that you would choose to stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Mardi Gras for a 7 night stay. When I booked it I went directly to bookit.com when I arrived there at 2:30 I was told I had to wait at exactly 3:00 pm to check in. I was so tired of driving a 13 hr trip,but 30 more min wouldn't hurt. So I went back at 3 pm and as I was being checked in the lady at the front desk said I would be in a smoking 3rd floor room! When I booked it,it had asked me how I wanted my room, I asked for a nonsmoki g, 1st floor due to my child's asthma condition ( not realizing they had an elevator) she said if I spent one night in the smoking room she could move me the next day to the 2nd floor on a nonsmoking. Honestly I was freaking out because of my child. My plan had to change and I told her I would accept but that I had to book somewhere else for one night....the she said actually! Actually that room on the 3rd floor is the only room that is smoking she said no other room is smoking so you should be fine she said I could go up to the room and see for myself that the room is not that bad. And I did just that! I was so upset, tired, and worried and I couldnt just bare another disappointment. So I opened the door and to my surprise the room smelled nothing like a smoking room I was so happy and relieved! That's when I noticed also that we had a view to the pool and that right across from us was an elevator! I want to thank especially the house keepers! They all were so nice I can't remember her name but she was super fast and professional! And especially for what it was worth my $360.00 for all 7 nights was completely worth it....the shuttle only had A/C in the divers so all of the passengers on the back was sweating and suffocating of heat....but the yellow taxi cab charged me 7 bucks from the Harrah's to the Mardi Gras I thought it was way cheap, there are food places that deliver to your room, they have also an ice machine, and I think it's a great place to stay*

• Stayed June 2014
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything worked out for you.. Thank You for the kind words about our Housekeeping Staff we will defiently show them your comments. We do hope taht if your travels bring you back to Las Vegas that you would choose to stay with us again...
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Price was reasonable. Good location for those who are driving a car. I stayed 10 nights and did not have a single problem. I would stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay as it was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location -- if you want to visit the Strip, it's a short walk to the monorail; and, if old Vegas beckons, you can catch the SDX at the same location just a few short blocks from the hotel. I shared the room with friends the first night and found it spacious. The sink and mirror are located outside of the bathroom, which was very helpful in the morning when we were all getting ready. On the second night, I had the room to myself, and in the eyes of a NYC apartment dweller, found the room palatial.The staff was friendly & courteous. When we arrived they changed my reservation so I wouldn't have to change rooms after my friends left. Special kudos to Jeremy, who was particularly knowledgeable about getting around on and off the Strip. Also, every hour, there's free shuttle service to the strip & airport -- the driver was helpful & friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank You for your review of your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms, location and friendly staff. We do hope that if you travel plans bring you back to the Las Vegas Area that you will once again choose to stay with us again.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room size was adequate. Beds were comfortable. Had a small alcove for refrigerator and coffee maker. Price was great. Staff was friendly. Would recommend it as a place to stay for anyone looking for a budget-friendly, clean, no-frills place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
The Mardi Gras Staff and Management Thank You for you recent review of your stay with us.. We area very pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms and friendly staff and do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas Area that you will stay with us once again.

Been to Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!