“Going Down Hill” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino

You added Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109-3611 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #148 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Thousand Oaks , CA
“Going Down Hill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We are in Las Vegas at least twice a year and usually stay here as the hotel is dog friendly and the rooms are large with a kitchenette. This last stay will most likely be my "last". Fifteen minutes after arriving in our room and starting to unpack, the front desk called and said we were sent to the wrong room and would have to relocate because the room we were assigned was not pet friendly. We moved, of course, but it was inconvenient. My dog loved the new room probably because the bed skirt had urine stains all over it and he was happy to add a new one - my dog is very well house trained and hasn't lifted his leg inside for years. The room also smelled strongly of smoke, our next door neighbors were constantly outside our door smoking away. The curtains were pulled off the rod and had a stale smell. I made the mistake of taking off my shoes and walking around the room in white socks, they were absolutely filthy from what was apparently a very dirty carpet. The lighting was poor, the wi fi wasn't working much of the time, the towels were thin and well worn - This hotel just seems a little "seedier" every time we stay. For our next trip we will look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us and we do apologize for the inconvenience tht you had during your stay and do vaule your Business. We are in the planning stages of up grading our Guest Rooms and do hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to the Las Vegas Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Booked week b4 on booking.com. Two rooms. Two beds each. 4 adults three kids and dog. Some mix up but worked out. First nite (sat) was like spring break outside door. All rooms face outside. Walls paper thin. Doors heavy and must slam shut. We stayed two more nites things settled down. I would call this place friendly all around except to all the xtra charges for what? Hate the fact no one any of our days could swim due to freezing cold pool that never warmed. I call this place a above average hotel in the getto. Again LV is a whole different world to most visitors.

• Stayed February 2014
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. Yes Las Vegas is crazy and we do appreciate your comments and do apologize that our pool is Seasonal but the Jacuzzi is always warm. We do hope that if your travels bring you back to Las Vegas that you would choose to stay with us again.
Warwick, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Older, fairly maintained hotel. During our stay the internet worked only two out of five days. Clean room. Worn out mattress. Smoky casino smell carried into resturant and lobby. Hot tub was clean but not all jets worked.
GREAT STAFF! Decent bar food.
Needs modernizing and not just a fresh coat of paint.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are in the planning stages of doing some upgrades to the property and hope taht you will come back and see the changes that we are planning..
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The plus--very nice reception staff. These individuals were friendly and quite accommodating but as much as I hate to give a place such a low score, because I could not even stay and forfeited my prepaid two nights, I need to review it as such.

I booked this hotel through a third party site last summer while I was preparing for the large trip that I was taking. Several months ago I got an email from that third party site stating that this property was no longer owned by the Best Western--when I booked it was the Best Western Mardi Gras, but that the new owners would still honor my reservation.

First: I arrive at the airport and call for the shuttle. I was told at 3:38pm to just go outside because it would arrive on the hour at every hour; 3:40 I was there and waited, waited and more waiting until called again at 4:26 to inquire as to the arrival. It was then I was told that the shuttle left the hotel on the hour, not arrive at the airport. I was not impressed but in about another two minutes it showed up.

We get to the hotel and check-in was efficient and I was placed in my first room on the on the second level. Wow, the elevator really was something that I can recall seeing in a hospital back in the 70s but it did work. As I approached the room I saw a non-smoking sign on the door so that was a plus until I opened the door and the stench of second-hand smoke met me. It was clear that a spray was used to try to mask it but masking does not eliminate so I asked for another room.

The front desk clerk immediately issued me another on the first floor by the pool. I dragged my luggage down there and though the smoke smell was not as overpowering in this room, it had a weird moldy smell. The door did not seem secure when closed and I could hear the TV in the room next to me as clear as if it was in my room.

Though the picture makes the room look livable, it really gave me the chills so I spent the next twenty minutes online booking another hotel, found it, then checked out again. The front desk clerk looked very sad and I assured her it was not her but just the room.

Shortly after a taxi arrived and this place will be a very tiny memory not to be relived.

Room Tip: I saw two, left, not sure if there is a good one
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We are very sorry that you did not find our hotel up to your standards.
Bullhead City, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We needed a room for one night that didn't break the bank. The Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino was the answer. It was quite affordable and very clean. The room was spacious (not cramped), had a refrigerator and coffee pot and free Wifi. Since my husband is handicapped it was AWESOME to be able to park right in front of the room. While checking in I noticed they had some yummy looking food specials....next stay we are going to try those out....can't wait.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
The Staff & Managemnt Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us and are very happy that you enjoyed your eveing with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon..
Givatayim, Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

been there july 14-16 2013
the room was big
2 nice twin beds

in the public area was lot of stinky smokers !

large parking
free wifi
no breakfast ! but it was cheap- very very cheap (78$ for 2 nights,only)
not in the middle of the strip but close enough

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your review of your stay from July. We are very happy that you found our rooms large and the location of the hotel very good. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to the Las Vegas area.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We go to this hotel every year and we always feel welcomed by the staff who will go out of their way to make us more comfortable. Free shuttle to the strip is well appreciated as we go there worry free by not driving our car and looking for a parking. We will go in the future to reward them for a superb services.

Room Tip: You need a clean bathroom, bedroom and reliable WIFI and airport shuttle service with major services...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank You for your recent comments about your stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!