“First time to Vegas” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino

You added Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109-3611 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #148 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Sechelt, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is located away from The Strip in Las Vegas, but provides an hourly shuttle bus to and from the Strip at Bally's. We find the Strip far too crowded, expensive and busy, so this Las Vegas Best Western suits us quite well. This visit we lucked in with a promotion, paying less than $50/night, including taxes. While the rooms really need updating, they are spacious, clean and quiet. No free breakfast - there is a small restuarant/sports bar onsite. We find the staff very friendly and accomodating. This was our second time to stay, passing through on our travels south. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Take an inside room that looks onto the inside court....much quieter than facing over the parkingn l...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank You for your recent comments about your stay with us and we are very happy that you enjoy our property. We do hope that when your travels bring you back through the Las Vegas Area again that you will choose to stay with us again and see our exciting changes that we are planning for 2014.
Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I booked the BW over a long weekend when other Vegas hotels were expensive. I got a good price at the Mardi Gras (hint: take the casino rate - it's worthwhile for the coupons you get).

Price was right - but the experience was to match. Checkin took a while, and whenever you need the reception staff it takes time. Although they are friendly, their procedures seem lengthy, and they double as the slot change assistant...

There is no real lobby to speak of - cafe/restaurant on one side and the smoky, cramped slot hall on the other. Queuing for reception I ended up smelling of smoke and cooking.

My room was right at the far end of the hotel, facing out. I think this may have contributed to some of the problems I faced -
1. VERY poor wifi reception. At times I was told by reception "too many people were using wifi" (really ? so how about getting a system which can support all your guests ??). At other times there was no signal or a very weak signal which cut out. Wifi was better when in the cafe.
2. Hot water problems - it took a very long time for actually hot water to come out the tap - I am assuming this is because the boiler is somewhere in the center of the hotel ?...
3. Noisy cars - because of the motel configuration, cars are parked outside your front door. For some reason, a bunch of rednecks decided to get up every morning at 8, switch on their truck motors and let them idle for a while. I have no idea why, but this did not make for quiet mornings.
4. The a/c was not quite strong enough to heat the big room on cold Vegas nights.

The room itself was very large. It looked like it had a kitchen at one stage, but now only the sink is left. The countertop serves as a desk. Large flat screen TV but analogue channels only.

Food at the cafe was reasonable, but I doubt I would have eaten here unless I had some hotel coupons. I would have added on a few $ and gone to a buffet instead.

I don't think I'll be back.

Room Tip: get a room facing the inner courtyard - more privacy and quiet. Also don't a get a room too far...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We Thank You for your recent comments about your stay with us and do apologize that the Hot water took a little bit to get to your room, We are happy that you enjoyed our Restaurant and do hope that youwill come back to The Mardi Gras in 2014 and see all of the exciting changes that are planned for the property.
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

very basic, a little run down but all in all great value for money
close to the strip, pool was great and seemed very clean
house beer was very cheap, food not great but very cheap
would really recommend for people on a tight budget but just want to see the strip

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your recent comments about your stay with us. We are currently in the process of some exciting changes for 2014 and do hope thta if your travels brin you back to the Las VEga Area that you will choose to stay with us and see our new changes.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

now it may be because at the time i was a backpacker and was used to staying in hostels .. but i actually found this hotel very pleasant. just off the strip but in close enough distance to walk if you wanted too. it is pretty basic but for the price you cant really go wrong. could do with a bit of a revamp and a makeover. who really needs a place to sleep when your in vegas any way .. its just a room to keep your suitcase while your out partying all night !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and do hope hat if your travels bring you back to the Las Vegas Area that you will come back and stay with us again and see our exciting changes coming in 2014..
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

A LITTLE FUNKY, TYPICAL LOW BUDGET OLD LAS VEGAS. Don't expect to enjoy the game on the big screen in the bar...it's still green after 3 years. Staff is mostly helpful and willing although I expect they are the cheapest the hotel owner can get for the money they get paid. Food has always been for breakfast, served quickly and hot. Rooms adequate and big for the price. Get a room on the first floor..one elevator is not located anywhere near you want it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We just purchased a Brand New Laser Projector TV for the Lounge and having it installed Tuesday November 26 and do hope that on your next trip to Las Vegas that you will stay with us and enjoy the new TV.
Mpls, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I had my car broken into, talking to maintenance staff I found out that cars were broken into nearly every night at this hotel. The counter staff should have warned me about the breakins. Also when I reported the breakin, the first thing the girl at the counter asked was " when was I checking out" I asked for the number for the Las Vegas police, after she gave it to me she again asked when I was checking out, when I told here I needed to talk to the police first she asked me if I had an estimated time of checkout. The staff customer service was horrible. I went back to my room told the police I would file the report at their office and checked out. Not once was I told the hotel was sorry for the problem. After talking to the police and other hotel staff I believe the hotel acted carelessly in not notifying me of a hazard they were fully aware of, I intend to seek legal counsel. There was another car broken into the same night. It is obvious to me that they knew they had a problem, and that they have no security in their parking area even though they have had problems. It shows a total disregard for the customers, their property and their safety.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We do apoloize about the incident that happened during your stay with us and that it is not an everday occurance here. Unfortunately there are bad people every where it can happen anywhere and we do apologize.

Been to Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!