“A Little Gem In Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109-3611 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #143 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Sierra Vista, AZ
“A Little Gem In Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This exciting and well-priced Best Western is just a block from the Strip and the hotel has a free shuttle that will take you into the Strip. We only stayed one night as we were on vacation visiting my brother in Idaho, and during our visit with him he raved about Las Vegas and how exciting it was, and so when we left his place to head home we stopped by Las Vegas for one night. I love Best Westerns and found this Best Western close to the Strip. We got in late afternoon, checked into our room and dropped our luggage in, and then hopped on the shuttle that took us into the Strip. We spent the next several hours in amazement as we walked around. We went into Caesar's Palace and to the mall area, we watched the Pirate Show at the Mirage, and then went inside the Mirage. We enjoyed the outdoors just as much as the indoors to these casinos. The outdoors is lit up - it's practically day time but with a glow and certain type of energy. We also enjoyed watching the Chinese tourists with their cameras having so much fun. They were smiling from ear to ear just as much as we were - everyone was having so much fun as we walked from casino to casino catching all the spectacles. Too soon for us we knew we better get back to the hotel and get a decent night sleep and so we hopped back on the Shuttle which comes around every 30 minutes I believe, and headed back to the Best Western. We loved our room - it was spacious - and we had a little kitchenette. It's an older establishment -nothing fancy - but then we didn't want fancy. I found it to be clean, spacious, and very comfortable. There's a swimming pool, tv, fridge, coffee, nice bathroom and a lot of amenities. It had a lovely center courtyard. We left the next morning and so really didn't get a chance to enjoy the place, but if we ever get back to Las Vegas I definitely want to stay at the Best Western Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino. It's absolutely perfect for me! You just can't beat a Best Western!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We Thank You for your recent review of our hotel and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try very hard to make sure that all of our Guest are Comfortable and can make some memories while with us. We are glad that you had a safe trip home and look forward to your next visit.

675 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Finding the courtesy shuttle upon arriving at the airport was a pain in the butt and the concierge didn't help much with the directions and kept telling me to go to ground 0 and so I asked airport security how to get to ground 0 and he said I was already on ground 0. After about an hour of calling the hotel numerous times, I was finally directed to go to terminal 1 and finally found the shuttle.. maybe it's because it's my first time here so my sense of direction was a bit low..???

Upon arriving at the hotel, I found it to be very sketchy and what you call "ghetto". You definitely get what you pay for. On the plus side, my room was huge but I found pieces of hair and stains all over the pillow covers and floor. My door had a broken lock and it took them 2 days to fix it. Channels available on the television were very limited. On the website it stated that the shuttles run from 6AM-11PM but I was told the first shuttle in the morning is 7AM and last shuttle pick up from the strip is 10PM. They drop you off at Bally's, about 2-3 blocks away from the strip. Everything in the hotel is "OKAY" not great. My key card broke about 3 times, they didn't tell me beforehand that I shouldn't put the key card in my purse along with my phone and other cards (it deactivates the card). Aside from the mediocre uncleanliness and appearance of the hotel...the customer service I received was better than I had expected.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank You for your recent review of your stay with us. We do apologize for he inconvenience that you had at the Airport for our Shuttle Service. We do hope that on your next trip to Las Vegas that you will give us a chance to Wow you some more with our customer service.
Lier, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed 1 night in may and only used this hotel as our last stopover before return to Belgium (no visit to the strip or other attractions in L.V); 73$ for a double room including breakfast, but I had to pay my breakfast for 2 !

The hotel is good and well maintained, situated 1 mile from the strip and 2 miles from airport (free airport shuttle). Refreshing swimmingpool.
The rooms are large size, comfortable, clean. Quiet at night. Good beds, good and silent airco, flatscreen, fridge, coffee provided. Clean bathroom, all amenities. Free Wifi.

Conclusion : quality for your money, recommendable, but don't pay in advance for your breakfast !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
We Thank You for your recent review of our property and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you had a safe trip home. If your Travel plans ever bring you back to the Las Vegas area we do hope that you will choose to stay with us. Once Again Thank You.
Barrie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

While this hotel is showing it's age and it's a ways off the strip, it's a gold mine. Excellent cost for the facility. The rooms are large and spacious. Lots of parking and a nice pool/spa, when it's open. Unfortunately they closed it for deck repair while we were there and it was 105 deg. F! Wrong time to do this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We Thank You for you rrec ent comments about your stay with us. We do apologize for the pool area being closed while you were with us but we had to get in compliance with the American Disabilities Act by the end of the month. We do hope that you will stay with us on your next Las Vegas Vacation and enjoy our new upgrades to our Pool Area and Guest Rooms.
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The room was indeed 'oversized', as advertised - there is a lot of space (some of it which is totally useless: there is a fairly large bar/ kitchen area, but the only devices are a small fridge and a tiny coffee maker, which seems odd compared to the size of the kitchen area)
The room was clean, although there was un unpleasant stale smell.
The first night (Friday) was fairly good value, but we were unhappy to find out the rates doubled over Saturday night when we enquired to extend our stay. Which made the room way too pricey for its value, in our opinion.
The reception staff was not the most courteous too, just the bare minimum.
The cleaning staff was really friendly and helpful
I got sick after eating finger food ordered from the hotel bar... I would not recommend it
Overall it is decent, but if I was to return in Vegas I would look at other options.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank You for your review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feed back and will use your comments in our Training Classes. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again if your travel plans ever bring you back to the Las Vegas Area.
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times,always finding it an enjoyable stay,I stayed New Year once and found it very reasonable at $49 a night except for New Years Eve&New Years day,which I expected so decided to price it for this New Year.The price has increased a lot but has it been updated? Do I now have a safe in my room?Never thought I would say this but gonna look at other motels,sorry Mardis Gras I have always been in your corner for a low budget motel u did deliver,but for those prices I,m going elsewhere!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Than You for your recent review of our property about your stay with us. We would love to have you come back and stay with us for the New Year's Holiday. Just contact us and use your Bounce Back Coupon that was given to you at check out. Once again Thank You for your recent review and continued support of our Hotel.

Been to Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!