“Don't Stay There” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino

You added Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109-3611 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #150 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Montana City, Montana
“Don't Stay There”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I LOVE Las Vegas. We live in Montana, so when we're planning a trip to California, we almost always go to Vegas. Last November we stayed at the Flamingo for $35.00 a night, plus a free room upgrade, 2 free breakfast buffets, and a coupon book worth $1,000.00. Since 1998 I've trusted Best Western's. You always get a nice, clean room, the room temperature is good, and it's just a "good place to stay. No worries." This time we weren't so lucky. We should have been tipped off the minute we walked into the lobby to check in. Across from the lobby was a bar with smokers included. I can take cigarette smoke, but this was overwhelming. Anyone with asthma or breathing problems would've had to leave the lobby immediately. After checking in, we went to our room. Not bad; but downscale. One of the first things I noticed was that there was NOT a type of special card that had been advertised for a special rate on something in the room. The second thing I noticed was there was NO "do not disturb sign" to put on the door. Hmmm. The maid came around 9:30 am and was not pleased that I answered the door and said "not yet - in about an hour." The maid did "very little' the next 2 days during our visit. She didn't change the sheets. There was no sign stating "that we are trying to go green and if you don't want you sheets changed," etc. so we assumed our sheets would be changed daily. Nope. On the 2nd day of our visit, I had a problem with the coffee maker. In trying to open the outer pouch, I tore the inside pouch of coffee. I folded it over and and put it in to make coffee. Added water and then turned on the On button. I realized a few minutes later that the coffee maker wasn't sounding like it should and went to check it. There was water all over the tray that was underneath the coffee maker and all over the sugar and stirring utensils pouches. I unplugged the coffee maker and let everything cool for about 10 minutes. Then I threw away what wasn't needed and put a towel underneath the coffee maker and rinsed off the tray. My husband had used some of the free toiletries during our visit. When we came back that night after a day in Vegas, the coffee maker hadn't been cleaned; there were coffee grinds in the pull-out part where you put the coffee filter. The toiletries hadn't been replaced. The sheets still hadn't been changed. On the bed there had been LOTS of pillows of which we put on the floor at night. There was 1 red pillow that was left on the floor; I didn't see it and tripped over it. It was very apparent that the maid or maids didn't care about doing a good job in the room. When my husband checked out, he was not even asked "how was everything?" I had told him that he needed to complain about the maid, and because he wasn't asked how everything was, he didn't. We simply won't stay there again and I told him I was going to do a review on Trip Advisor. This motel is NOT WORTH of being a Best Western motel. I also plan on doing a letter to Best Western.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We do apologize that you were not comfortable with your stay. We do strive to make sure that all of our guest are comfortable and satisfied. We are available 24 hours a day to assist our guest with any issues tha may come up and do hope that you will give us another try if your travels ever bring you back to the Las Vegas Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After the second night I can say "what a terrible Best Western". The first day we had no housekeeping (no clean bathroom, no changed towels, no refurnish coffee & so on), after our front desk contact they send a man with some towels and some coffee but the housekeeping has been absolutely absent.
Second night of "no sleeping". The first night we call the front desk after an hour of noise... the second night changed customers but at 4.10 AM. the same problem... confusion, party in the rooms and along the sidewalk hotel by drunked people. There is no control, no one cares about this place where the Best Western quality is absolutely absent.

Room Tip: Change your mind!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we do take all comments very sersiously. We do hope that you would give us another chance if your travels aver bring you back to the area.
Vilnius, Lithuania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was our first experience with motel type accomodations. And I can not complain much, since the price we've got for a family stay was superb. The room could have been cleaner, though. We used the shuttle to get to the strip, that was convenient. We walked back to the hotel from the strip with few small kids, so it's doable, it took us about 25 minutes to start at the Venetian location. McDonalds is 3 minutes walk. We got to the Marshalls, Best Buy and Target in 5 minutes by car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We Thank You for your comments about our property and we appreciate them as we use them in our Training classes to help us continue for Great Customer Service.
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We've stayed at the Mardi Gras over the years since it's so close to the convention center and much more affordable than the strip. I can't believe the negative reviews - we were very happy with our room and had a great stay. The room was freshly painted and clean, bathroom fixtures looked new too. Plenty of hot water and good water pressure. We stay there on business and like the counter tops to spread our work out on. Front desk staff was friendly and professional, bartender was very pleasant. The one thing that could be improved is the elevator in the back. It's slow and one time we thought the door wasn't going to open, also, how can I say this... it doesn't smell the freshest. I need to use the stairs anyway! But, we'll definitely see you there next time we're in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank You for your recent review of our property and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed with the Best Western Mardi Gras over St. Patrick's day weekend! We were very pleased with how large the rooms were. Not something I'm used to. The extra bar area in the room was excellent! We brought our portable skillet and were able to make some great lunches with the groceries we got at the nearby grocery store!
Upon checking in, Quinn was very kind and accommodating and did all that he could to get us rooms facing the pool, near each other, AND he got us in early!
The bar staff was very kind and quick to serve as soon as you got up to the bar. I think the Mardi Gras has one of the best happy hours I've experienced.
The pool was a little chilly, but then again, it was March, and I'm not sure if they heat the pool or not. I would guess not, and imagine the pool temperature mid summer would be just perfect!

This hotel is only one street away from the strip and a hop skip and a jump from the monorail station (SO CONVENIENT!)

Overall, we had a great stay and will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
BWmardigras, General Manager at Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank You for your review of our property and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.
san diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I found the motel had slid and although it is convenient to the LV Convention Center and the monorail (which goes nowhere) I can't recommend staying there. Smoking areas are uncontrolled and the aging structure can't block the smell from the rooms. I found two people had taken up residence with their backpacks on the rear lobby floor which leads to the rooms. The building is aging and unlikely return investment on remodeling. On the good side I found the parking lot huge and little used. The staff works hard but it isn't enough to resolve the motels condition. The location generally doesn't meet Las Vegas standards and I'd be reluctant to wander about after sundown.The motel has a shuttle which operates hourly to go to Ballys casino and to the airport. The shuttle features a driver who makes the ride as exciting as a taxi ride in Quito combined with NASCAR.

Room Tip: Rooms near the back and away from the courtyard and pool will be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
inverness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

me and wife from Scotland stayed in march for four nights we have stayed three times in the past and it was no different than before absolutely perfect, the staff are all so nice the girl cleaners 1st class, Quinn on reception so genuine and helpful and Tim croft the barman so helpful and never stopped working at breakneck speed he deserves a gold medal.One night we had a meal in the bar I had lasagne and on my life I had the best lasagne I have ever had. Cost for the four nights was one hundred and fifty dollars not bad for a first class homely hotel walking distance from the strip I have the most successful a b&b in the Scottish highlands so I know what makes down to earth people happy simplicity and friendliness and in my eyes this motel has both those so don't listen to the negative reviews about this motel as these kind of people would find fault with Buckingham Palace. Thank you best Western and staff for a nice four days I will be back someday. Harley Ron.

Room Tip: chose room 1184 nice and quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!