My husband and I LOVE Las Vegas. We live in Montana, so when we're planning a trip to California, we almost always go to Vegas. Last November we stayed at the Flamingo for $35.00 a night, plus a free room upgrade, 2 free breakfast buffets, and a coupon book worth $1,000.00. Since 1998 I've trusted Best Western's. You always get a nice, clean room, the room temperature is good, and it's just a "good place to stay. No worries." This time we weren't so lucky. We should have been tipped off the minute we walked into the lobby to check in. Across from the lobby was a bar with smokers included. I can take cigarette smoke, but this was overwhelming. Anyone with asthma or breathing problems would've had to leave the lobby immediately. After checking in, we went to our room. Not bad; but downscale. One of the first things I noticed was that there was NOT a type of special card that had been advertised for a special rate on something in the room. The second thing I noticed was there was NO "do not disturb sign" to put on the door. Hmmm. The maid came around 9:30 am and was not pleased that I answered the door and said "not yet - in about an hour." The maid did "very little' the next 2 days during our visit. She didn't change the sheets. There was no sign stating "that we are trying to go green and if you don't want you sheets changed," etc. so we assumed our sheets would be changed daily. Nope. On the 2nd day of our visit, I had a problem with the coffee maker. In trying to open the outer pouch, I tore the inside pouch of coffee. I folded it over and and put it in to make coffee. Added water and then turned on the On button. I realized a few minutes later that the coffee maker wasn't sounding like it should and went to check it. There was water all over the tray that was underneath the coffee maker and all over the sugar and stirring utensils pouches. I unplugged the coffee maker and let everything cool for about 10 minutes. Then I threw away what wasn't needed and put a towel underneath the coffee maker and rinsed off the tray. My husband had used some of the free toiletries during our visit. When we came back that night after a day in Vegas, the coffee maker hadn't been cleaned; there were coffee grinds in the pull-out part where you put the coffee filter. The toiletries hadn't been replaced. The sheets still hadn't been changed. On the bed there had been LOTS of pillows of which we put on the floor at night. There was 1 red pillow that was left on the floor; I didn't see it and tripped over it. It was very apparent that the maid or maids didn't care about doing a good job in the room. When my husband checked out, he was not even asked "how was everything?" I had told him that he needed to complain about the maid, and because he wasn't asked how everything was, he didn't. We simply won't stay there again and I told him I was going to do a review on Trip Advisor. This motel is NOT WORTH of being a Best Western motel. I also plan on doing a letter to Best Western.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino is your great choice for an affordable full-service hotel just off the Strip. The hotel features 314 spacious over-sized guest rooms each with a refrigerator and bar area; a friendly and affordable restaurant and 24-hour casino lounge; a large pool and sunning terrace; FREE Strip and Airport Shuttle that runs every hour on the hour from 7am to 10pm; and is a short walk to the Las Vegas Monorail and the Las Vegas Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mardi Gras Hotel Las Vegas
- Best Western Mardi Gras Hotel And Casino
- Best Western Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Best Western