“Massive Comfy Bed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Keighley
“Massive Comfy Bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

After a long flight from the UK it was great to climb into a massive and comfortable bed.
The hotel was fine and the shuttle bus driver extremely helpful, just wish we had known about the airport shuttle before we arrived as we then paid for a different firm. The breakfast was excellent

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN McCarran Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear UK Traveler

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed our bed. All out beds pillow top beds that are very popular. Sorry you did not know about the free hotel shuttle. We do offer a free shuttle to and from McCarran Airport.

We would love to have you as our guest again next time your in Vegas.

Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
Escondido, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Arrived at 11:30 p.m., and needless to say the check in was quick at that time of night. I was looking forward to the complimentary USA Today newspaper as listed on this hotel's website. Given the late hour of arrival, I was not surprised that all the newspapers were by then gone. When I came down to the free continental breakfast at 9:00 a.m. on Friday morning, I was again told that all the USA Today newspapers were gone for the day. (As a point of information, when I checked in late to the Williams, Arizona Best Western that Friday night, there were still 30 USA Today newpapers for the guests at 2:00 a.m. early Saturday morning!) Speaking of breakfast, I was told upon check in that breakfast was from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. But the breakfast area was closed at 9:30 a.m. I asked at the front desk the actual hours, and was told that only on the weekends was the breakfast extended to 10:00 a.m. Good thing I had come down to eat at 9:00 a.m. Besides the complimentary items already mentioned, the website for this hotel also states that there is free parking, a courtesy shuttle, free wireless, and free local calls. Upon check out, which was fast, I inquired about the $3.00 charge that was on my bill. I was told that it was a resort fee because of all the free things you receive at this Best Western. I laughed when I heard this, since $3.00 is not "free." Of course, I did not quibble about the $3.00 fee. The Best Western McCarran Inn does have clean accommodations, the bed was comfortable, the shower was hot in the morning, and all the staff encountered were courteous and friendly. Because of my Best Western diamond elite status, I was generously upgraded to a king suite bedroom (room 307), which is a big room with a nice walk-in closet. I slept great, for almost 8 hours straight. I had booked ahead at the "Internet Only" rate for a total price of $53.39 (which included tax and the infamous resort fee). I realize that you can't expect luxury accommodations at bargain prices. Thus, while I did find some fault at this establishment, I would stay here again. And I do recommend the Best Western McCarran Inn despite the caveat stated in this review.

Room Tip: If you are a Best Western Reward's member, ask for a room upgrade upon check in.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN McCarran Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Traveler

Thank you for your review. We have taken note of the newspaper issue and have resolved this. We are glad that you enjoyed your free suite upgrade due been a Best Western Diamond member. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

St. George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western the night before and after a flight from Las Vegas. Very convenient to the airport. Free complimentory shuttle 24 hours/day. You can leave your car in their lot for $5 per day. Very confortable bed.

Dear Vicki

Thank you for your review. We are glad you that your enjoyed your stay with us, and liked the fact that we are located next to Las Vegas Airport.

Thanks again.
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Large room with all mod cons and wifi; 10 mins to airport, but if you need a taxi to get to the airport, plan on it taking 1/2 hr to get to the hotel to pick you up. Courteous people and refreshments in the lobby 24/7. Great price- we booked on line a month early. Some airplane noise but not a lot, and they provide earplugs.

Room Tip: You can request "no connecting doors" for quieter rooms (any place you stay).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN McCarran Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Wow, what a fantastic review! Thank you so much for the time to you took to share your experience. I'm so pleased to hear your stay with us was such a comfortable, convenient visit to remember. Thank you again for the time you took to share your thoughts- we value your business, and hope you visit us again soon.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My friends don't have a computer, but they asked me to tell Gloria at the front desk at 5pm on Jan. 7th. My friends husband is disabled and Gloria went out of her way to help them. It is nice to know that there are people like her willing to go the extra mile. They will certainly stay there again! Thanks for caring for them Gloria. You are the best. <3

Dear Guest

Thank you for your reviews. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to Gloria. She is a gem, and we are so lucky to have her. Thank you again.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

After staying here with our family of four I am kind of surprised by some of the negative reviews here because we didn't encounter any of the issues mentioned here. The person who checked us in was friendly, the room while by no means fancy or new was comfortable. The climate control on the cold Vegas night worked perfectly, the bed was comfortable, the shower was very nice, the shuttle service was fine.

The breakfast wasn't anything great, but for the price and the money you saved by not having to get a taxi you can get something better at the airport.

My only suggestion to the hotel was all of the pillows in the room were way to "fluffy." Most hotels give different ones for people like me who might like thinner flat ones...but all they had here were some big bulky ones. Maybe I could have called for different ones, but it was too late for me to care. Just a suggestion.

Overall, I am not sure if I just got lucky, or people are expecting the Wynn for a fraction of the cost...but we had a great stay regardless and were rested before flying out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN McCarran Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Traveller

Thank you for you kind words regarding the hotel and its amenities. We will look at our pillows and see if we can make them more comfortable for our future guests.

Safe Travels.

Been to BEST WESTERN McCarran Inn? Share your experiences!