“Wanted so much more..,.,.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

You added The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino to your Saves list
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3325 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Daily breakfast for two
Ranked #4 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
East Coast USA
“Wanted so much more..,.,.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I booked the Palazzo after a huge amount of research and with high hopes that what I read on some Tripadvisor reviews wouldn't happen to me.
Here is my experience....
Valet on check in...Perfect
Checked in with 'Concierge" on first floor for a Concierge Level Suite
Concierge failed to forward the request for luggage delivery
Waited well over an hour for luggage and had to call to request again
Once in room...realized that that we hadn't received the discount coupons included in stay
Returned to the Concierge on the Concierge Level Floor and received coupons
Returned to room and truly looked at the room
Realized that it was really unclean; crumbs/food on carpet and couches, Unknown 'something' on stairs between 'levels'...yuck!
Returned to Concierge Level to communicate need to clean room
Leave room for a few hours
Return to find carpet clean, but not couches and not the REALLY GROSS 'Something' STILL on the stairs
Go back to the Concierge to complain more vocally, only to be told that a "full service cleaning " would be requested
Isn't this something that should be done PRIOR to a guest's check in???
I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor and was told that there was nobody on duty
(which I find hard to believe at a little after 5pm in the Concierge Lounge of a Las Vegas hotel...) but I was asked if I wanted the manager to call me the following day
I said I definitely wanted the call..but received no call over a three night stay
The room was finally cleaned within acceptable standards (but not great)
Turndown service only occurred once over a three night stay
Upon checkout, I requested the direct email address of the manager and was given an illegible note which I had to ask for clarification of three times and eventually had to rewrite myself...
When I sent the email to complain, it came back as 'undeliverable' which leads me to believe that I was given incorrect information
I then sent an email to the link connected to the third party 'survey' that the hotel sends out after checkout and got connected with a very helpful customer service rep who offerred a complimentary night in a Concierge Level Suite. This went a long way in restoring my faith in the Palazzo's customer service, BUT...when the certificate arrived in the mail, it was only for a regular room! (That is a difference of $100). I had to email again and point out the 'mistake' in order for it to be corrected. I did receive the correct certificate, but it surely shoudn't have taken so long .

The only positive thing I can say about the stay at the Palazzo is that the bathroom was lovely!

Customer service and cleanliness of the room was unacceptable for a hotel at that price range.

I would never stay at the Palazzo again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,941)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I love this hotel and have been there 4 times this year. I hate the people at the check in counter. They told me that I could have an upgraded suite from from my special show rate of $129 for $200. I even asked him, "$200 right?" Yes, come to fine out it was $229 MORE a night. When you check in don't fall for this scam. I should have known as the guy was very swarmy. Take your attorney or better yet have them print out that little tiny print on their chincy little check in terminals that you cannot read. They also charged me for one more day even though I told them I was there for only 3 nights.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
swansea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

amazing hotel first class and head and shoulders above everything else in vegas
the only small flaw was the water pressure in the suites
the bars amazing good players club slots loose good dealers amazing rooms fantastic pool
good shows good restaurants first class vallet

columbus,oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

We stayed at Palazzo in September.I find it to be close to perfection.In the past we stayed in several other hotels on the Strip, including Mirage and Venetian.
Rooms are perfect,food choices are plentiful and staff is mostly great.
I loved the casino much better then in Venetian or Mirage due to relative abscence of smoke odor due to high ceilings,great casino layout and much more mature crowd then in Venetian.
I plan to make this hotel ny home base for future trips to Vegas.

Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Palazzo for 4 days at the end of August and fully enjoyed our stay. My wife was bit apprehensive about seeing a number of reviews commenting on cleanliness of the rooms, but happy to say we had no issues whatsoever, in or outside the room.
ROOM : Lots of room in the suite, enjoyed the seperate and sunken sitting area with plush and spacious sectional. Furniture, fixtures and accents were were wonderful. The king size bed was very comfy, bathroom spacious as well. Only complaint was lack of shower pressure for late morning showers (was much better later in the day). I guess everyone sleeps in and takes late showers at same time.
The room allowed us to easily and comfortably entertain guests in our room for pre show cocktails. So much better than standard rooms where everyone is squeezed in and around a little table or on edge of bed.
CHECK IN: was without issue, quick and easy. Check out as well.
POOL: quite nice, busy, but Vegas during the day is all about hanging out at the pool in the heat with drink in hand and nice sights to see. We enjoyed the pool's energy.
FOOD: Being late risers who still like a good breakfast, we were very happy with food, service and atmosphere of the morning buffett in the Grand Lux restaurant.
For dinner, Delmonico Steakhouse (Venetian), Palm (Caesar's) and Mon Ami Gabi (Paris) all served up outstanding meals, and service was fantastic, most notably at Delmonico.
SHOWS: Love at the Mirage was a disappointment. While we enjoyed it, our whole group found it was more dancing and costumes then the usual acrobatics we are accustomed to from C du Sol. Le Reve at the Wynn provided more of the latter, some amazing feats and the theatre was quite impressive. Peepshow with Holly Madison was surprisingly entertaining. My wife and I enjoyed it, quite funny, some catchy tunes, good dancing, and of course some beautiful and scantily clad women are always a bonus. We were actually upgraded to VIP front row table seats, but in the end, would have preferred to be a bit further back as we found the tables were too close to the stage -- had to continously swivel around completely in our chairs when the show progressed out to any one of the three catwalks, as well as having to look almost straight up in a few instances. But will admit, being that close gave some great views as well. :)
OUTINGS: Just a drive out to Hoover Dam this time round, amazing structure. Recommend not stopping in the little town to park, and instead drive right out to the Dam. We did a quick outside tour before taking the guided tour, which we enjoyed.
GAMBLING : not our bag, but the tables were packed over the weekend nights and smoke was not too much of an issue when passing through, unlike some of the casinos with lower ceilings.
SHOPPING: can't say enough about the Premium Outlet Mall, about a $15 cab ride each way from Strip. Being one who hates shopping, the prices were outstanding (clothes, shoes, accessories). So much so, I hardly noticed we were at it for almost 5 hours.
GOLF: didn't partake this time as temps were over 105 F (40+ Celsius), and just too hot to play. Ran into others who had wished they didn't because of heat. We could see Wynn GC from our suite. Looked quite nice, but believe saw less than 10 groups on the course our entire stay.
PALAZZO: would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

For the first of our two visits to Vegas in August we chose The Palazzo and a great choice it turned out to be

Check-in queues were a little long as we arrived mid-afternoon but we were well attended to and given a strip-view luxury suite on the 28th floor with great views of TI, the pools and beyond

The suite was great and had every amenity you could need.Very comfortable bed and large luxury bathroom and spotlessly clean throughout. The hallways to the suites reminded me of the Bellagio

Service levels throughout our stay were top class ; no problems with housekeeping at all

Loved the bright, airy casino - slots were a bit 'tight' - cannot comment on the tables as we didn't play

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
ILChick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

WOW! WOW! And WOW!

This place is heaven on earth. Where do I start?

First the amazing beauty of the hotel. It smells sooooooo good inside! Then the extremely friendly and helpful check in staff, the quick-moving check in procedure where it's first come/first served, the magnificent rooms, all AWESOME! Our room was cleaned before we returned from the pool EVERY day - we never had to wait! All employees smile and greet you. The elevators were never over crowded and they had plenty of elevators to choose from.

The rooms were HUGE and truly comfortable and elegant. What you see in the pictures on their website is truly what you get.

This truly is a 5 star resort. I love that the staff walks around the pool giving complimentary frozen towlels, cold cucumbers and orange slices to the guests. There were very few kids too! The pools are built so they are long and more narrow. Everyone hangs around the edges, so the pool design was perfect. Chairs were abundant and we could choose between sun or shade at any time of the day and often would switch seats after we had too much sun.

Lots of excellent restaurant choices, clean hotel, and just a wonderful experience. We have found a new home in Vegas!

Downside: The huge, unfinished hulking structure behind the hotels.
Upside: No construction noise.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!