“Nearly perfect....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

You added The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino to your Saves list
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3325 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Montana
“Nearly perfect....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I had always wanted to stay at the Venetian (related to or attached to this property...unclear about the relationship) so was pleased to attend a business function here.

The service is fast, professional and amazing for the sheer size of the property and the groups served.

Check in was fast and easy as was luggage storage and retrieval. All the staff persons were friendly and helpful.

The rooms are all suites (ours was one big room with a step down sitting area...so not two separate rooms). The view is amazing and the rooms were very nicely appointed.

My only gripe was the bathroom did not seem very clean. There were loose sequins and long hairs on our bathroom floor that were still there the second day. When I finally cleaned it up, the floor was just plain dirty. It just doesn't give me comfort about the rest of the room when you find that.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank gfdeb
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear gfdeb,

Thank you so much for choosing The Palazzo. The Venetian & The Palazzo are both the same company and combine to make the world's largest five diamond resort in the world. I am delighted that you gave us an opportunity to host you. I want to also take a moment to apologize for the lack of cleanliness in your suite bathroom. This is not the standard of our resort, and I will make certain that this is addressed.

Thank you so much for your patronage, and I truly hope to welcome you back to our properties in the future.

Kristen Dimond

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We've stayed at the Palazzo about 4 times now and each time is better than the last. We usually stay in the Prestige Level because of the Lounge amenities and we love the Suite as well. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. The staff goes out of their way to help in any way possible and always makes guests feel special. I would recommend this hotel hands down. Can't wait to return !

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room and always choose the Prestige Level because of the amenities.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Location
1 Thank priv122
Dear priv122,

Thank you so much for the compliments that you have graciously extended to us. I would like you to know that your sentiments are truly humbling and are a testament of The Palazzo's vision and strides towards unmatched guest service and genuine care for each and every one of our guests. I am elated that our teams were able to extend this level of care to you, and I appreciate your continued loyalty of The Palazzo.

I look forward to welcoming you back again, for many years to come.

San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at the Venetian and the Palazzo since they first opened. The rooms are large and beautiful with the sunken living room. The bathrooms are huge with a separate tub and shower. The beds are very comfortable and the room is nicely appointed. In other words, I have absolutely no problem with the rooms at the Palazzo.

The decline I am talking about is in other areas of the hotel. The lounge chairs by the pool have holes and stains all over them. This is not a sign of a five-star hotel. There are other little things that I have noticed that make me wonder what is happening to this hotel. For example, the paper towels used the public bathrooms are now very small and thin. The drinks at the champagne bar that used to be comped if you were playing are no longer being comped. The "gold" room for players with the gold card used to be accessed by putting in your card in the reader, but now you have to show ID every time you enter the room in addition to your card. They are also limiting the shuttle to the airport for gold card members to once an hour during certain hours of the day which do not used to be the case. The $28 resort fee used to be optional and now it is charged no matter what. These little things are starting to add up to make me wonder what is happening at this hotel. I guess management is out after every penny they can get!

To end on a positive note, the staff here is incredible! They seem to genuinely care about how you're doing and helping in anyway they can. This includes everyone from the front desk, the operator, the housekeeping staff to the cocktail servers.

So my message to management is stop nickel and dimeing us to death, stop taking cheap shortcuts for a five-star hotel and be thankful for the wonderful staff you have at your hotel!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank love2travelbigtime
Dear love2travelbigtime,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas and for allowing us so many opportunities to serve you. After reading your review, I am truly delighted that your experience this time around was still reflective of the same high level of service that you have come to rightfully expect from us at The Palazzo. Providing unmatched individualized service is a hallmark of our standards which should not only be consistent year after year but ever so increasing. I am elated that you experienced this consistency during your stay, however I am truly disappointed that there were so many aspects that you observed that seem to be on the decline. I can assure you that we try our very best to increase our services and the quality of our amenities, so these will be looked into carefully.

Thank you so much again for your sentiments, and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Your loyalty is truly valued.

BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in Aug 2014 in a luxury suite (base level suite).
The room was large, bathroom huge, king sized bed, and the quality of the room was very good.
We did not pay very much - I think about $500 or so for the 3 nights, so more than some of the lower rated hotels, but still within reach, and if you like a nice room - worth the extra.
What I did not like;
The casino ventilation is poor, and the smell from smokers is quite strong, and hard to escape when on the casino base floor.
The hotel pool is not very big considering its occupancy - it was stuffed to the rim with visitors, as was the poolside.
Most of the higher end hotels have some sort of theme to them, like Caesars, Wynn, Venetian, Paris, etc - a theme that I feel really adds to the environment and feel of my stay. Palazzo did not really have anything uniquely characteristic to it - it has effectively merged with the Venetian, so consider it more of an add-on suite hotel to the Venetian - you share the grounds with them, and almost immediately enter there themed space once you leave the main Palazzo area.

Overall, a nice place with large suites, for a decent price, you will not be disappointed, but there was nothing compelling enough to make me want to stay here again.

Note: There is a 'resort fee' added to your room that is not included in your travel prices - you get hit with it when you arrive. This is a sad money grab that several LV hotels are pulling off more and more lately. For Palazzo it was optional for a while but not anymore - it is $28us per day of your stay. For that you basically get wifi, and access to the gym - things you would get free at any generic econo hotel anywhere else. Oh - and a single cup of coffee at the cafe - once - If you are comparing hotels, be sure to call them all and ask them what their 'resort fee' is - if any. This adds up quick.

Room Tip: Go to the Wynn buffet next door for breakfast - it is the best anywhere hands down.
Green Features: No recycling bins - I felt there was zero effort to be sustainable other than what would be considered cost saving to them.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TantheManBC,

Thank you so much for making The Palazzo your preferred hotel and resort in Las Vegas! There are so many hotel options to choose from on the famed Las Vegas Strip, so it is always with great delight and sheer joy to host new and return guests. Your p[patronage is truly valued!

I also truly appreciate your comments regarding your Blackjack and resort fee experience. We are always open to suggestions as we endeavor to provide experiences that are truly superior. These will definitely be looked into.

Thank you again for your kind feedback, and I look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the very near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our Fortuna suite was large and decorated very nicely. Our view of Treasure Island across the street and the swimming pools down below was very nice (the curtains with remote control are very cool). The room layout is very nice.
The lighting controls for the room leave something to desire. You have to go all the way back to the door to turn off some of the lights around the bedroom area. My wife was put off by some strange looking stains on the sofa.
My biggest complaint were the blackjack tables. Apparently Palazzo likes to make their own rules. 6-5 Blackjack payouts and they don't allow you to take even money when the dealer has a possible black jack. Very weak. I suppose that they just don't make enough money without tweaking the blackjack rules.
The restaurants around the hotel are very nice. We had great meals at Delmonico and Morels. We also tried the DB Brasserie and thought it was just mediocre - very expensive for what it was.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
4 Thank Dcotton369
Dear Dcotton369,

Thank you for allowing The Palazzo to be your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable to us. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit did not go as successfully as we would hope.

As you know, TripAdvisor reviews are not linked to your reservation and therefore I cannot easily find a way to contact you; however, I will have my Guest Relations Manager reach out to you via TripAdvisor directly.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We've stayed in the Palazzo annually since it opened and each year we think about trying somewhere else but each year we decide to go with the Palazzo again and so far we feel we've made the right decision.

The basics haven't changed, it was really nice to get limo pick up and invited guest check in as we arrived saturday afternoon and there was a line at check in (thanks Pablo). This time we were on the 34th floor facing TI, we would have liked to get higher but nothing was available and we've stayed on the 49th and it isn't that different a view...

The thing we like the most about the Palazzo is it's easy to get where you're going, you're not forced to walk through the casino everytime you want to to visit the pool, get to the shops or get to the garage.

The pool area is nice and we never had a problem finding a spot in the sun, drink service was quick and friendly.

Housekeeping were friendly and the room was kept to high standard.

In the shops the notable additions were Honolulu Cookie Company and Carlos Bake Shop which were both very nice.

Once again, when we decide on where we want to stay next year the Palazzo will be the top of our list.

Room Tip: Go for Luxury View Suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank toneb
Dear toneb,

What a great review of The Palazzo! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, and I am grateful for your continued loyalty to our resort. I am truly elated that we are able to create for you an experience that was outstandingly memorable. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Palazzo time and time again.

Kristen Dimond
colorado springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Since we love dining at Bouchon and the resort looked lovely, we thought we would mix it up this year and stay at the Palazzo, Prestige level.

The valet and security guards were kind and helpful as it wasn't entirely clear where to check in.

I didn't use bell services since I had a luggage bag full of expensive gear that I needed for this trip. I wasn't worried about theft at this particular resort, but I never leave it out of my sight. Normally not a big deal, but it came into play when we checked in.

The gentlemen who checked us had a very snobby air and definitely looked down his nose at us. We like to joke and be friendly since front of house service can be a tough job, but we still were made to feel like we were a nuisance. He gave us the rundown of the lounge and made a strong point that there was a dress code as they had "standards". He asked if we wanted champagne and then were in an awkward position of having nowhere to sit (the lounge was closed) and trying to juggle my bag, resort paperwork and wine glasses. Even without an offer of help, we laughed at the situation since it was kind of our doing and headed to the elevators.

Our room was only 1 story up from the Prestige level. The bathroom was lovely and I did appreciate the larger sized amenities. The view was mostly other rooftops and the Mirage building.

The room looked a little beat up, but tolerable. There was an array of items for purchase on the buffet/bar including an "Intimacy Kit" which looked tampered with. The fridge was the kind that if you move any mini-bar items, they charge you. Personally, I think that's tacky and annoying for a 5 star hotel.

Overall, not terribly impressed but marginally doable. Then I went to sit on the couch and placed my hand on a crunchy "protein deposit". I know it's Vegas, but that was beyond foul. I called for housekeeping and after a few minutes, I realized there was no way I wouldn't be creeped out the whole trip. My husband went down to see if they could move us and they offered us the room next door.

Upon walking into that room (which was a little more beat up) I took a look at the couch and it looked like someone had peed all over it. You could see the outline of the person's legs with the stain in the middle. Crushed velvet couches are not the best choice for a hotel room. My husband was trying to be optimistic and said maybe someone dropped a drink on their lap.

Then I look out the window and laughed as there was a decapitated bird head. I don't blame the resort for that, it just capped off the ridiculousness. When we let them know about the stained couch, they said the only option was to downgrade us, but the room charge would still be the same.
We flipped over the cushion and left for our dinner plans.

The next morning we went to grab breakfast. It was pathetic. I've had better continental breakfasts at a Holiday Inn Express and we were paying $50 a person for the pleasure. Since we we not going to be able to take advantage of the afternoon cocktail offerings, we decided to give up the ghost and check out.

We called another resort where we have stayed before and got a much bigger suite booked. They upgraded us to a top floor and let us check in early. It was nice to finally feel appreciated as a guest.

For over $360 a night a Palazzo, it was an absolute ripoff. It took a couple showers to the Palazzo off me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
8 Thank calhobbes21
Dear calhobbes21,

Thank you so much for choosing The Palazzo and more specifically Prestige at The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you have acknowledged our attentive security and valet staff, but still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success and apologize for the challenge you experienced with your suite conditions as well as your experience with my Prestige team. Quite frankly, these challenges should never be found in a resort of our caliber, and I am completely appalled at the items you have outlined.

I invite you to please be in touch with my Guest Relations Manager team who will be reaching out to you directly as I would like to know more about your stay, so that I may address and rectify the issues that you have apprised me of. I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Palazzo in the near future.