“Excellent in every way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

Save Saved
You added The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino to your Saves list
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3325 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Excellent in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Booked this hotel after a dissapointing first night at the MGM Grand -two worlds apart! The Palazzo is a beautifull and elegand hotel. Despite its size, it actually felt very managable and even cozy. I booked this hotel through American Express Platinum Fine Hotel and Resorts and among the amenities for doing so, we received an upgrade to a huge Siena Suite in the 46th floor which even included its own private mini-gym. The suite was impecably clean and very nicely furnished. Got to see other suites there and they all seemed to be equally nice in their various sizes. Since we went in November and it was cooler, the pools were closed. Kind of wished there would have been a heatted pool since the several pool areas seemed really nice, but I guess that's a good excuse to go back during the Summer. Excellent suites, excellent restaurants, service, and a vast selection of shops makes this my number one choice to stay in Vegas.

Room Tip: Book through Amex Platinum FHR and get all the perks. Ask for high floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your feedback is a testament and reflection of the continued success of The Venetian |The Palazzo’s diligent strides towards personalized and second-to-none service and for our clear and paramount five-diamond vision.

Once again I genuinely thank you for your time and for your kind words, the words that have reminded us of our agreement, ability and empowerment to continue our pursuit of providing our guests with nothing less than the best.

7,274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stay only one night then move out because they do not clean rooms or give you fresh towels. We were very excited about this hotel and the room however, we missed our dinner reservations and reserved show because we could not get fresh towels to refresh before dinner.

Room Tip: Stay only 1 night!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host you during your recent visit. I am humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to improve our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

I truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed me the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding our delayed towel delivery. I sincerely apologize for the unnecessary stress that this had imposed on you. It is through communication such as yours that I am better able to monitor and improve services for our guests, and I thank you kindly for your time in sharing your experience with us. Please be assured that I do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly.

I hope this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting our property again. If I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our guest relations department directly.

Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Had a great experince here on a weekend get-a-way with my girlfriend. The room was perfect, the view was awesome as well. We had a place near the top giving a great view of Vegas. The pool was beautiful, the casino a bit pricy, but lots of options near by!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I arrived at the hotel last week for a travel conference....

The hotel is spectacular both inside and out and decorated in the normal Christmas affair...

I was able to get a early check-in much to my delight as I had traveled 2500 miles to get there and was in need of changing into my suit and such...

I was given an awesome room on the 37th floor and had a wonderful view of the Las Vegas Strip directly at Treasure Island and the beautiful mountains..

Pros:
Excellent View

Rooms are lavish and luxury, sunken living room, roman style shades (only operated by remote control (nice touch)

Very comfortable bed and upscale linens...

Service was good

Post-Departure:

On the morning that i had to depart, the day before I had bought a basic sterling silver men's braclet since it looked nice.

I had taken it off and placed it next to the alarm clock..i called the front desk and made a wake up call for 3:45 a.m....since I had to return a rental car and get checked-in and go through security..

Anyhow, I recieved my wake up call 14 minutes late and thus had to rush a lot quicker then I wanted too in order to stay on time at least...

I think you know where this story is going...so once I got on the airplane I started checking my carry-on bag thinking it might be in there, I searched everything and it wasn't there..so upon arriving into Cleveland, I called the Palazzo and was transferred to Security and explained my story and then was transferred to lost and found..

I was told they would send a security officer up there to check out the room and for me to call back in 30 minutes or so...

I called them 2 hours later and talked to the same security officer and then was transferred to lost and found again...I spoke with them and they said they hadn't had a chance to check anything out and to explain what the braclet looks like and where I put it and this and that..

They told me I would get a call back on Monday (since it was Friday evening by now) I waited Monday & Tuesday of this week and then I had to call them yesterday and spoke to a lady in Lost and Found..as I had already thought the answer was, she told me " our records show that nothing was found anywhere in the room...

I was like well how is that, when I had left it on the table next to the alarm clock...she was like "so are you claiming theft on part of the hotel.." My response well it just seems strange since it was there Friday morning, but now since it's Wedneday, if something was found no one in their right mind is going to say "oh I need to bring this to the front desk and say I found it in my room..."

So I told them thanks for the service and that was it..

Other then that, I had a great time, but in the travel industry, it's all about the service and little details, both BEFORE, DURING & AFTER...not just when the customer is there...

It's unfortunate but oh well, hope whoever has it has a Merry Christmas....

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a room facing the Las Vegas Strip...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your suite and its magnificent views. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience after your stay. It concerns me deeply that the service, or lack thereof, that you experienced did not reflect a level of exceptionality.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future. Please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly if you wish to further discuss your most recent stay.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed at the Palazzo on numerous occasions. It is beautiful and very hip. It has high tech amenities that are state of the art. The contemporary decor is stunning. With the two casinos, and all the shops and restaurants in the Venetian and Palazzo, one would never have to leave the resort. I am sure that is what the staff is counting on!
The last trip had a housekeeping glitch(no one came and made up the room until I called at 5pm-two days in a row). Usually housekeeping is top notch and non intrusive, so I don't know what happened. The beds are super comfortable. The bathrooms are amazing. The toilets have seat warmers and much more! I love the location, too. Just a short walk to Wynn, the Fashion Mall and TI.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! Thank you for your continued loyalty over many visits. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Wimborne, Dorset
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have just returned from a weekend in Vegas staying at the Palazzo for my 40th Birthday with my Wife and our two friends. In summary this is a lovely hotel with stunning rooms (all suites) but the customer service was the worst I have ever encountered in any hotel! My exit from the hotel was pure hell as I will explain later in this review, to the extent my wife was crying in anger (a hard feat to achieve). To this end though my review is balanced explaining the positives I would be unlikely to return to an Intercontinental again (and I'm an Ambassador member).

Arrival
The hotel is impressive from from the outside and the grounds are well kept. Being an upscale hotel I expected a doorman or bell service at the main entrance and found none which was an inconvenience as my friend who traveled with me has impaired mobility and was in a wheelchair at this point. We arrived at 17:00 Friday 30th so I didn't consider this an unsociable hour. At check in the clerk was friendly and asked if why I was in Vegas, though I wasn't greeted or noted an Ambassador member. I checked he has my membership details which he confirmed but there appeared to be no benefits available beyond what you pay for in the resort fee. This may well be as I was staying on a reward night. He assigned us two strip view rooms to recognise my birthday celebration. No offer was made to help us with our baggage to the room. |We managed to drag the suitcases and wheelchair to the rooms on the 30th Floor through the Casino.

Rooms
The suites are immaculate and by far the best room I have stayed in $ for $. The Strip view was a highlight and the room had every facility you could have wanted. The bed was very very comfortable and the bathrooms lovely.

Communal Areas
All very clean and the casino being smaller then most of the mega hotels was actually a nice thing. There is no theme at the Palazzo which is a good thing in our opinion, leaving it more traditional in its decor.

We ate out mostly but we did eat at I love burgers on the first night which was reasonably priced and good food and also at the Grand lux cafe which we also enjoyed.

Departure
On our departure day we packed our bags, left our hand baggage and valuables in our room with the intention of using the Virgin Atlantic check in service as advertised by our flight crew on the plane out and also listed on the Virgin Website and LAS airport site. Unfortunately this service was not actually offered at the hotel (not the hotels fault I guess) so we decided to check our bags with the bell desk. We had breakfast and returned to our rooms at 10am to get organised before the 11am standard Check out time. My wife and I found neither of our room cards worked. We hadn't checked out and it was an hour before 11am so we thought there may be some fault. The maid was close by so we asked her and she said she wasn't allowed to let us in but she seemed very surprised that we were trying to get in and kept asking us questions. She told us to call front desk. As our friends room was next door we went inside and called front desk but were put immediately on hold......for 25 minutes! I decided to go to the lifts and try the phone there an got through immediately. I gave my room number and name and was told somebody would be right up (this was at 10:25) When I returned my wife had also got through and been told the same thing but now our room was open as the maid and her male assistant had our room opened so we assumed the had been told to let us in. We went to get our valuables and money from the safe and we were told to get out by the male cleaner. The Maid saw the bag my wife got out of the room and started saying "but there were no bags in the room" giving the game away that she was implicated in what was going down. She kept insisting to us the room was empty in spite of the fact my wife had already been able to rescue one of our bags from the room and the content of the safe before we were ejected by the male cleaner. My wife lost it by this point as they were just arguing the impossible with us and made no attempt to help. Once we had convinced them that we had indeed been locked out of our occupied room they disappeared into another room to hide as we were very very angry by the point now having missed the timezone to call our kids at home. At 10:55, 55 minutes after we had tried to enter our room security turned up and opened the door. No apology was made for any inconvenience. My wife was furious and we made our way to check out. At front desk we were informed that the maid had checked us out and that the hotel had thought that we had checked out. It was obvious that the maid had got very worried and called down to tell front desk what she had done. She had gone in the room and checked us out on the TV, before the 11am checkout time and before we had vacated the room taking our bags an valuables with us. The lady at Front desk was polite and tried to placate my Wife and I by removing the resort fee from the bill, but to be fair there was little that could be done to rectify the situation having been an hour outside of our room treated like thieves by the maid and her assistant when they had infact had caused the issue. The thing that made it worse was the realisation that the Maid must have known that she was responsible for locking us out and checking us out but did nothing to help us other than keep us out of our room. I can only assume this was because she had already taken the $20 and all of my loose change from the side table!

I know it was one event out of an otherwise nice stay but it was the only memory we have now of the hotel and the break, and a lack of door staff/bell service when we arrived and the terrible service when leaving should never happen in a high starred hotel such as this. Ive tried to make this review balanced an helpful to other travelers but im sure you will see why our view of the hotel was tarnished.

Dominic & Keely Moran

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. traveling so far for such a special occasion it breaks my heart that your stay was not a complete success. I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay.

First, our alliance with InterContinental Hotels Group is one that I certainly value and are very proud to be a part of. Please accept our sincere apology that your Priority Club Ambassador status was not recognized. The service, or lack thereof, that you described is definitely not to our standards.

I am also very disappointed to read about your departure experience. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. I take these matters very seriously and I am disheartened to read that a resolution was not reached.

I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this fabulous city and I hope that I can continue to be your resort of choice when visiting this fabulous city. Please contact our guest relations office directly if you would like to further discuss the details of your visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

On my 4th trip to Vegas and I really loved this hotel. We were upgraded to a huge suite with a patio larger than mine at home ( complete with fireplace.) loved canyon ranch grill too . The spa services could use some updating but otherwise great stay!

• Stayed November 2012
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but some of the best upgraded suites, such as your Lago suite.

Thank you for you positive feedback and it is my sincere hope that I will have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!