“Huge, beautiful rooms at a great price; wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

You added The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino to your Saves list
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3325 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Huge, beautiful rooms at a great price; wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Simply stunning... my assistant and I (who got separate rooms) couldn't believe how spacious and gorgeous they were. I especially appreciated the large bathrooms with not only two sinks but separate vanity area and water closet.

I was here to speak at a conference and this was the host hotel. I haven't stayed here before and I have to say I was quite impressed overall with the service and value.

Check-in was a pleasure. Stayed on 47th floor which offered great view of the strip. Room service breakfast was delicious and perfectly cooked. Resort fee covered visits to the fitness center which was squeaky clean with brand new equipment. Love the shopping on site and great restaurants too. (If you want a treat and love steak, be sure to visit Wolfgang Puck's CUT on the first floor.)

The in-room printer/fax was a wonderful surprise and saved me from having to make a trip to the business center (which I'm guessing would have been a looooong walk in such a large resort).

I see some other reviews complaining about the smoke in the casino ... hello this is Vegas. I don't like that either but that's how they roll here. If you don't want to gamble, just move through that area quickly... it's not that huge. And there are other hotels to choose from if you want a non-smoking environment. Compared to other casinos this one was built with good air ventilation... not bad at all.

Also, good to know the rooms seem to be pretty sound proof, and with those Vegas black-out curtains I slept like a baby!

I also saw some reviews complaining about overpriced food, etc. but again hellooooo this is a high-end hotel. If you want to save some money then stop at a market on the way or talk a walk out the door for your own drinks and snacks--easy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you for the detailed dining recommendations that you provided for your fellow travelers. With over thirty restaurants and nine James Beard award winning chefs, The Venetian | The Palazzo truly combine to create the unrivaled culinary capital of the world. Cut by Wolfgang Puck brings back culinary memories of my own and I am pleased that you have such fond feelings for them as well.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,952)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We arrived before check in on a Friday for a 3 day weekend. The young lady at the Prestige check in asked if we would be interested in taking a handicapped room that was ready, and said that the only difference was that we wouldn't have a step down living room. We went to look at the room but decided that we didn't like the view (we had paid extra for a view of the strip from the room!) and so we told her no thank you. She said they would call us when our room was ready and took my cell phone number. We went to the casino and waited for the call...we wanted to get unpacked and start our vacation! By 3 PM (standard check in time), we returned to the Prestige check in to see if our room was ready. "Too many late check outs, Hurricane Sandy kept people over, shortage of queen bed rooms, etc". We asked if we could wait in the lounge which they said was no problem. And we waited. By 4:30, no one had come to get us or called my cell phone so we returned to the Prestige check in. When we started to complain about the wait, then they found our room. So far, nothing has been offered but an apology about the delay. They could have comped us some drinks or something!
Loved the hotel. When you get off of the elevator, the peace and quiet is amazing! Rooms were awesome. Beds were comfortable. Shower was awesome! Loved the lounge. The people that work in the Prestige Lounge were very nice and we enjoyed the food and drink in the Lounge. Valet parking was great and prompt. Watching the Treasure Island show from the 26th floor is pretty cool!
Poor check in and lack of response at check in keeps this from being an excellent hotel in my opinion.

Room Tip: If you are interested in a view of the strip, make sure that your room is further down the hall.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Prestige lounge and service provided there. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply that you experienced a substantial delay in getting into your suite. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting The Venetian | The Palazzo in the future.

Cary, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The rooms are spacious with great views of the Strip. The bathrooms have Italian marble and the TV in the bathroom is a nice bonus. The beds are super comfy and I really enjoyed my stay.
The Venetian replicas are so real and it is just like a small Venice in the desert.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Every aspect of The Venetian | The Palazzo was created for the enjoyment of our guests; from our luxurious suites and beautifully re-created historic landmarks of Venice, Italy, to hand-painted frescos and world-class restaurants. I am so very pleased to hear that you had such a memorable and enjoyable stay.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards.

Miramar, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stay at this hotel for the Luxury Travel Exchange. Check-in was excellent and the room despite the awful view of the roof top of the exhibition center was very well appointed.

I could not believe that there was no coffee maker in the room. This is a classic case of forcing you to go downstairs to purchase an over-priced cup of coffee.

The restaurants were very good. We dined at the Lavo restaurant and was surprised to find that our request for extra bread resulted in an additional $6 charge on the bill. Not all the restaurants allowed charges to the room as we discovered at Grimaldi, which by the way serves excellent pizzas.

A bottle of Stella Artois costs $7 in the Casino Bar and $6.50 in Grand Lux Cafe!!! Water was very expensive in the room and would suggest that if you are staying for a few days to stock up on water at the Walgreens next door.

Smoking was allowed all over the hotel and being in the Casino felt like I had smoked 40 cigarettes in less than 2 hours; needless to say my clothes reeked of cigarettes. Smoking was also allowed in the Lavo night club.

Prostitutes were constantly at the bars and I was accosted by two of these working ladies in the elevator lobby. This seem to be one of their hangouts!!! This is not a great feature of an upscale hotel.

Overall the stay was OK and nothing to rave about.

Room Tip: Avoid a room over the conference room tops.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the suite and its appointments. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay.

I appreciate your insightful feedback about in suite coffee makers. It is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience. For your next visit I want to recommend that you take advantage of the complimentary cup of coffee available as part of our resort fee. It can be redeemed at Cafe Presse with the voucher that you received at the time of check in.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced while at Lavo. While I cannot speak on their behalf, as The Venetian | The Palazzo does not directly own or operate this outlet, I know they will share my concern as they constantly seek opportunities to improve their service. I encourage you to reach out to Lavo directly to address your concerns regarding their charge for extra bread.

Since you discussed your distaste for the smoke in the casino I wanted to take a moment and make some specific recommendations. First, The Palazzo offers smoke free corridors and smoking is only allowed while playing at a machine or at a table in the casino. Additionally, I want to recommend that for your next visit that you travel to and from you destination utilizing the Shoppes at The Palazzo level. The Grand Canal Shoppes and The Shoppes at The Palazzo are completely smoke free and you can take the suite elevators to this level and then traverse the property without ever entering the casino where smoking is permitted.

I apologize that you felt the cost of a Venetian | Palazzo vacation is excessive. I want to recommend Grazie, our hotel loyalty program. Grazie is a wonderful way to be rewarded for your loyalty and get discounts on everything from our spa and retail stores to discounts on future stays.

Finally, I am very disheartened to hear to read about your experience with prostitutes. We have a zero tolerance for illegal behavior at The Venetian | The Palazzo; therefore, I take these matters very seriously and I am disheartened to read that a resolution was not reached. Please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly if your wish to discuss further.

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback and again I apologize that your stay was not a complete success. Please contact our guest relations office directly should you wish to further discuss the details of your stay.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We celebrated my daughters 40th Birthday @ the Bella Queen rooms. BEAUTIFUL ROOM , Beautiful hotel a breeze to check in , the Mall is next door for great shopping , It is on the very Expensive side but you only turn 40 once, If you are celebrating a milestone great place to stay!! My granddaughters turn 21 next year & we are going back!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your 40th birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

This is our first time here. Absolutely wonderful. Huge Suite. Very nice. Wonderful staff wherever we were. Beautiful shops, Casino, etcc. Room service was excellent. Beds super comfy. Only thing I wish for as much as we spend in the casino and shops, is a coffee pot in the room. Thys would be a super bonus! We will come back again!!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I also appreciate your insightful feedback about in suite coffee makers. It is never our intention to cause our guests this unnecessary stress or inconvenience. For your next visit I want to recommend that you take advantage of the complimentary cup of coffee available as part of our resort fee. It can be redeemed at Cafe Presse with the voucher that you received at the time of check in.

Thank you for you positive feedback and it is my sincere hope that I will have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

A first visit to Las Vegas you never forget. I stayed at the Palazzo and I have very good memories here. From the moment of arrival until departure, I am very hospitably received. Compliments to the staff.
The room, Prestige Luxury Suite, equipped with all the luxuries that I could wish for: bathroom, free internet, seating area and a comfortable bed.
This room also had access to the executive loung where everything tip top was settled. The hotel has a beautiful swimming pool. The casino has everything you would expect from a casino, again the staff makes the difference.
The hotel is on the strip from which you can easily explore on foot the whole strip and all major casinos to visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo for your first visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall.

I am thrilled that you were provided unmatched guest service by our Prestige services. Our Prestige lounge provides the next level of luxury at The Venetian | The Palazzo and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed that.

Thank you again for your positive post on TripAdvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back to Las Vegas in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!