“Spacious rooms, great restaurants” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

Save Saved
You added The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino to your Saves list
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3325 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Daily breakfast for two
Ranked #4 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
La Habra, California
“Spacious rooms, great restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Due to the recession... Room rates were low (149/ nt). This is a really nice hotel for that price. Our room was spacious. The room has a separate seating area that easily fits 6+ people to comfotably watch a football game or movie. The room was nicely appointed. However, the air conditioner was a bit loud and really dehumidified the room.
They have a fairly large shopping area between the Palazzo and the Venetian. They even have a Gondola ride for those wishing to be sung to. They also have a wide selection of restaurants. We tried Morrells, Del Monico, Cut, and Valentino. The only restaurant that disappointed was Valentino. The staff was nice but the food was below average while the price was expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you for the detailed dining recommendations that you provided for your fellow travelers. With over thirty restaurants and nine James Beard award winning chefs, The Venetian | The Palazzo truly combine to create the unrivaled culinary capital of the world. The restaurants you mentioned bring back culinary memories of my own and I am pleased that you have such fond feelings for them as well.

Still, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced while at Valentino. While I cannot speak on their behalf, as The Venetian | The Palazzo does not directly own or operate this outlet, I know they will share my concern as they constantly seek opportunities to improve their service. I encourage you to reach out to Valentino directly to address your concerns.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

8,005 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,509)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Chose the Palazzo for a special 25th anniversary trip to Vegas. Our suite on the 44th floor was beautiful. We traveled with two other couples and it was great to be able to socialize in the sitting area of our room. The hotel and casino are a nice size -- not too big, but part of the whole Venetian complex so there is access to lots of additional shopping, dining, lounges, pools and a spa, very nearby. The location of the property sort of at the north end of the strip means it is a bit calmer than those right in the center of the strip, but definitely still close enough to the action. Such a positive experience we can't wait to go back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your 25th anniversary celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I went to Vegas over the Thanksgiving weekend. I booked the trip through Travelocity which included air fare and hotel. We were originally supposed to stay at the Venetian. When we arrived, the woman at the desk asked if we would like an upgrade to a room at the Palazzo which had a better view and was readily available. The cost of the upgrade was an extra $44-45.00/night. She said the room was larger, but when we got there it looked exactly like the room we were supposed to get at the Venetian (according to their website). Regardless it was spectacular. The view was great. We faced Treasure Island. We did get a coupon book and other discounts, but we didn't end up using any of them. The cleaning staff impressed us also by putting all of our personal toiletry items nice and neat in the bathroom the next day. That has never happened anywhere we stayed. Only complaint was it didn't look like they vacuumed at all. We saw the same crumbs that were on the rug from the night before. We didn't take any of the snacks and beverages they supplied (too expensive, especially for a small bottle of wine.). It was too bad they didn't have a coffee maker with complimentary coffee (like at most hotels). The only other complaint was when we got home. We chose to do the express check out so we didn't receive a bill. I noticed a debit charge on our bank account of around $245.00. I didn't know they were going to charge us for the upgraded room. Now I don't know what to do about the room we paid for through Travelocity. If there is a next time, I will make sure to turn down the upgrade.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

While I apologize for the challenges you experienced with the suite's vista and your disappointment in the size. The Palazzo standard suites are 720 square feet, while The Venetian standard suites are 650 square feet. While technically it is larger in The Palazzo it is understandable that the difference is hard to notice. I am certain that if your dissatisfaction had been brought to our management’s attention during your stay that they would have provided you with the opportunity to do what it took to ensure you were pleased with the vista from the suite and provided restitution for the stress and inconvenience this caused you.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo during your next visit to this fabulous city.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed for my wife's birthday in June, 2012 at Palazzo for 5 nights. Booked over the phone through a service representative for Palazzo. She convinced me to upgrade to Prestige. It was well worth it. m The food and service and privacy with Prestige level service is excellent. The room was great, upgraded view of strip was outstanding, square on to Mirage. Great food, great service. Between the Palazzo and Venetian, you never have to leave the hotel. Everything is there. Housekeeping, concierge, restaurants, pools all great. Casino at Palazzo was just OK. A bit small but Ok for me.

Canyon Ranch Spa is outstanding. Even if you don't get a massage, facial, etc., the spa alone with the Arctic shower, steam room, various showers with fragrances, etc. is well worth the reduced 20 dollar fee.

I also joined Grazie. The program is very clear in terms of what you need to move up in levels. Overall a great experience. More than what we expected.

The experience was so good the first time, I booked again for three nights (Nov 22 - 24) with Prestige. As usual, when you have an excellent experience the first time, it is hard to get any better. With a couple of caveats, the excellent experience continued. Same excellent service at check in. However, we were put in a room that did not have a view of the strip. In other words, it was not an upgraded view. I wasn't 100% sure about the upgraded view until the first morning when I didn't get the paper. I inquired with the concierge and she told me the rating had not been provided. At that point, I decided that Peter who had checked us in, whether advertent or not, had put us in a room without a view (hotel was not that busy so doubt whether the rooms with a view were full).

As I was busy, my wife went down to the 23rd floor Prestige level and complained. The concierge was very understanding and immediately volunteered to move us to a room with a view. That happened that same morning. The view was outstanding, albeit still on the 26th floor. A bit inconvenient to ask for the move and more importantly, should not have been required. If we are paying for an upgraded room with a view, we should not have to guess if we got it. There are many other hotels in Vegas that while not as good are close (Wynn, Encore, Aria, Cosmopolitan).

Another reason I choose Palazzo for our return trip was based on my bill to the room and gambling, I was relatively close to Gold level (20,000 points) and was confident that the combination of my room charges and gambling would put me over the 20k mark. That in itself would be the winner of a coin toss about where I would stay next time (Easter 2013 for 5 nights with 2 other couples - 3 rooms).

The rest of the time there was great, as before. We stayed over the weekend and Valentino's suplied the food on Friday and Saturday night at the Prestige level. It was excellent. The breakfasts give you a large choice of dishes, all for the cost of the extra $100 (actually 80 dollars since they waive the resort fee at Prestige level).

The only other complaint I had was on check out I reviewed my Grazie account and for some reason my room charges were not put through. I asked at check-out if the charges would go through ($1,400 worth including several excellent meals at Morels and Valentinos). I was assured they would. I am back for 3 days, still nothing. As a result, I am below the 20,000 point level and may not qualify for Gold level for next year. On checking in the last day, my point totals are gone completely and there is no listing for anything on what status I am. I called on Tuesday and was told that if any credits would go through, it would take a week. That was not my experience the first time.

It may not seem like much, but I was looking to move up to Gold level and enjoy even more comps and the like. I am also an M LIfe (gold - one level below Platinum) and Red Card holder and get offers all the time from those casinos.

If I had made it to Gold at Grazzie, for sure I would have convinced the other two couples to stay at Palazzo. While it seems trivial, now that I didn't get credit for my hotel charges to Grazie, I will look at Aria (really good offers this week - under $100/night), and Wynn/Encore for Easter.

So, would I stay again at Palazzo? Probably, but I will also look around as the offers at Gold level for Palazzo would make it a slam dunk winner over the other casinos for price and value. Without Gold level and the upgrades, etc., the value is not as easy to justify given the price when compared to the deals Aria and Wynn/Encore are giving.

Am I being a bit picky because I didn't get my upgraded view? No. That should be automatic. We shouldn't have to ask for it. My wife talked to someone else who got Prestige and the same thing happened to him. He did not complain because it was too inconvenient to move.

Am I being a bit picky because I didn't get the Gold level? Maybe a bit. But that was my expectation I would get it. I did the math. I spent the money. Something happened and I am at the same level at the end of year as I was at the beginning.

Sorry for the long story. The hotel and everything is great. There are few thinigs that need fixing and it will stay great.

Room Tip: Take Prestige. Well worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your birhtday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here at the resort and it sounds like you took full advantage of that.

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly thankful that you took the time to recommend Grazie, our hotel loyalty program. Grazie is a wonderful way to be rewarded for your loyalty.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our opulent suites and indulgent service. Still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the miscommunication you received regarding all Prestige suites having guaranteed view of the strip. I am pleased to hear that Prestige was able to move you to a suite with a better vista; however, I apologize for the stress and inconvenience you experienced in the process.

Grazie status points earned on a particular stay are posted to your account about five to seven business days after you check out. I am especially disheartened to read that you account seems to not be reflecting your points at this point. As you know, TripAdvisor reviews are not easily linked to your reservation and therefore I cannot easily find a way to contact you; however, I encourage you to contact our guest relations office directly so they can further discuss your situation and ensure that your points are properly credited so you will have the Grazie Gold status that you earned. Rest assured that I want the opportunity to earn your future loyalty by rectifying this situation for you.

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

decided to try Palazzo earlier this month. In town to speak at a convention and chose not to stay at convention hotel MGM Grand at a lower rate. A big mistake. Only smoking room available, TV in bedroom side did not work, resort fee not disclosed at booking--had no use for the services, called for 1 hour extension on 11am checkout and got a no recording. Last but not least I was billed $123 for a 800 number conference call to my office. No help from check out clerk after waiting a long time. Asked for manager name and was only given a first name of an employee that was not available.I have spent over 156 nights in hotels this year in the USA and Europe. I. have written 7 reviews. 6 very positive and now this one. This hotel is no place for the business traveler.

Room Tip: watch for mystery fees and charges and dont expect any personal attention, concern or service outsid...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I am very disappointed to read that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

The resort fee includes unlimited local and toll free calls and I apologize that a billing error resulted in you being charged for both the resort fee and a toll free phone call. Had you brought these billing challenges to our attention we would have not only made it right for you we would have also provided appropriate restitution for the stress and inconvenience this caused you.

Finally, I am saddened that we did not have the opportunity to try and rectify these challenges while you were staying here. As you know, TripAdvisor reviews are not easily linked to your reservation and therefore I cannot easily find a way to contact you; however, I encourage you to contact our guest relations office directly so they can further discuss your situation and do what it takes to earn you future loyalty.

Laguna Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I booked a two night stay through Amex platinum fine hotels and resorts. You get a complimentary breakfast(which has always been a feast at the Four Seasons we stay at) a room upgrade and $100 to spend on food. When we checked in, the front desk informed us that the $100 has to be used only once, for one sitting(which is fine, but that is not what was advertised) The next morning
we went to Cafe Luxe for our free breakfast only to be told they were not honoring it that day due to the phone lines were out. I said I have the voucher to give you you and he said he could not take it. I kept complaining and he had security come to escort me out. There were a lot of other customers upset there also, not just me. At night we like to keep the air conditioning on and for some reason it kept shutting off. I got up at least 3 times to try and get it to stay on and it would not work. The next morning my wife noticed a red flashing light on the ceiling, looks like a motion detector/camera. I called to see what it was and was told the hotel is being eco friendly
and the air conditioner only works if it senses motion. So if you are sleeping, its not going to happen. Really ? at a five star hotel in Vegas, where every thing is lite up and illuminating, they want to cheap out on my air conditioning. Vegas is the least eco friendly place I know. The second morning we went to get our free breakfast and was told "no substitutions" and they put in front of us a small bran muffin, a croissant, and one other small danish and about 15 tiny pieces of fruit, all the fruit nobody ever wants. I asked for juice and or coffee and was told that did not come with it... This is the worst experience I have had through the fine hotels and resort
program.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. I take these matters very seriously and I am disheartened to read that a resolution was not reached.

The American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts program is a program that we are exceptionally proud to be a part of at both The Venetian and The Palazzo. It breaks my heart that your experience at the resort did not live up to either the reputation of our resort nor the reputation of the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts program.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced while at Grand Lux Café. While I cannot speak on their behalf, as The Venetian | The Palazzo does not directly own or operate this outlet, I know they will share my concern as they constantly seek opportunities to improve their service. I encourage you to reach out to Grand Lux Café directly to address your concerns regarding the breakfast that is included with your American Express Platinum Fine Hotels and Resorts program.

The Venetian | The Palazzo combine to create the largest LEED certified green building in the world. Sustainability at The Venetian | The Palazzo is of utmost importance; however, it is designed to never compromise the unrivaled luxury experience that distinguishes our properties. I apologize that your experience with our air conditioning left you with the impression that the guest experience is second to our environmental efforts.

Thank you for sharing you feedback on TripAdvisor. It is my sincere hope that you will not allow these atypical experiences to keep you from visiting The Venetian | The Palazzo in the future.

Eden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here over Thanksgiving. The rooms are ALWAYS so nice and there are never hidden fees. The grounds are kept up beautifully and the staff is friendly. Food is great. We continue coming back and are so glad we do! We've stayed next door at the Wynn and constantly have problems with them adding hidden fees and no telling us beforehand. When the Palazzo sends you an offer for COMPED (free) rooms, they honor that. I do not like being "tricked" as the Wynn did to us. We had a room also at the Wynn last week next door to the Palazzo and when we got there, they said they wouldn't let Friday night be free, that we had to pay but they never told us this until we got there! Now I'm home and they've also charged "resort fees" that we were never told about and these 3 nights were the same "free" comped offer as the Palazzo but with Palazzo, NO FEES or bad surprises happened. I'm home now and there are NO charges from palazzo but many from the Wynn. Needless to say, we'll go back to the Palazzo as well as tell as many people as possible how great the Palazzo is but the Wynn? They'd rather ding people right and left and get a bad repuation I guess. I guess return business is not important to the Wynn as it is to Palazzo and trip advisor is awesome because like today, I can spread the word =)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your feedback is a testament and reflection of the continued success of The Venetian |The Palazzo’s diligent strides towards personalized and second-to-none service and for our clear and paramount five-diamond vision.

Once again I genuinely thank you for your time and for your kind words, the words that have reminded us of our agreement, ability and empowerment to continue our pursuit of providing our guests with nothing less than the best.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!