“A luxurious Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

Save Saved
You added The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino to your Saves list
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3325 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
London, Ontario, Canada
“A luxurious Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Palazzo is a fantastic hotel that lets you experience the luxury of Vegas. From the shopping, to the restaurants to the pools and the hotel rooms, all were better than expected. Some things were expensive but with a little looking you could find some values. We went to eat at the Dennys down the strip for breakfast where we had a grand slam for about $10. Thinking this was a good deal for the strip, only to find out that the breakfast special in The Palazzo at the Dal Toro restaurant was $9.95!! All you needed for breakfast and a much nicer environment than waiting in line to eat at Dennys. We ate on the terrace with a nice view of the strip and the advantage of sitting outside.
We also had dinner at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant Postino's at the Venetian. Two appies and 2 plates of pasta and a nice bottle of wine with a dessert to share all for $135. Sounds expensive, but the dinner was phenomenal!! We left full and happy.
The pools are fantastic, although drinks are expensive at $9 beers and $16 cocktails. There is a shop just before you enter the pool on the right that sells beer. $7 for 24 oz Bud lights that you can bring into the pool area. Just a few tips to save a few bucks. All in all a great stay at The Palazzo. Would definitely recommend and we will stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team.

I particular appreciate that you took the time to share your dining tips and recommendations. You provided great suggestions and thank you for your input.

Thank you for your positive review and we all look forward to your return visit in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,696)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Loved our stay but room service took two hours for lunch and our bed was dead and had to be changed. Still got a soggy one ! Other than that it was great service, easy to navigate around and we loved the concierge floor. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our opulent luxury suite. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities. Just like our unmatched accommodations, The Venetian | The Palazzo aims to provide unmatched service to each and every guest. I apologize that it appears this was not a complete success in your situation. I specifically apologize that the in suite dining service was excessively slow. This is not our standard and I apologize for any stress or inconvenience caused by this during your stay.

I am pleased that overall you had a positive experience and I look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

As we were making plans for our trip to Vegas, there were a lot of well wishers, advising us to stay here and there. One suggestion really stood out, The Palazzo. I've read that check in can be quite busy, but the front desk's professionalism and efficiency was excellent, especially since they've probably heard "First time in Vegas!!" a million times (and I did see an eye roll) :)
Yes, a coffee maker would have been ideal and almost every review I've read states the same. Palazzo - maybe something you should reconsider. While the resort is huge, it wasn't confusing in the least and if you stood looking around for a second, someone was always there to ask you if you needed assistance. Taxis - no problem. Didn't take advantage of the spa or gym this time, but did enjoy the pool(s). Casino was great and the smoke wasn't a bother. Being centrally located on the Strip is the way to go - we easily went to the Wynn/Encore, Venetian, Fashion Show Mall, numerous restaurants...and despite this being a five star resort, the Palazzo catered to all kinds of crowds and didn't give an air of snobbiness whatsoever. I will say that the a/c was rather loud and when the front door shuts, it slams closed...both can be a bit annoying, especially after a late night.
Would I try another resort? Maybe, but it would have to have the WOW factor the Palazzo did.

Room Tip: We preferred to be away from the elevators, but it is a bit of a walk.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you first time in Vegas experience with us! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at The Venetian | The Palazzo and thank you for the positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am humbled to have received your insightful comments regarding a coffee maker in the suite, for there really is no greater way to improve our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest. I also thank you for your detailed feedback and tips that you have provided for future first time visitors to Las Vegas.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to serving you on your second through 100th visit to this fabulous city.

Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We spent a week at the Palazzo and we were not disappointed with the hotel. Check in was busy, but they were efficient and we were processed 'quickly'. Be sure to specify a king bed on your booking to ensure that you get one. The room itself was large with a sunken lounge area and 3 TVs. Whilst I did feel that some of the furniture was a little 'old', it suited the Italian feel of the hotel and the room was extremely comfortable. The gyms are fantastic - there is a small one and a large one with a climbing wall. It has all the gym equipment you could ever dream of and its definitely the best hotel gym I have ever been in. The pool area is beautiful and there was plenty of sun chairs to go around. You are occassionally served cucumber and orange slices too, which is a treat in the heat. The shops in the hotel are high class and the restaurant area with the gondola rides is beautiful. There is effortless access to the shops and restaurants from the Palazzo elevators - allowing you to avoid the busy casino area if you'd prefer that. You're across the street from one of the best shopping malls in Vegas, the Fashion Show, so don't give that a miss if you like to shop. Room service is a little on the slow side - 45 minutes - but they are always on time and the food is fantastic. Laundry costs were cheaper than I would expect in a five class hotel - not bad at all. Our room had a printer which was great as we had some business to attend to. The staff are very helpful and will do their best to accommodate your every need. The soundproofing in the room is incredible and the remote control operated shades ensure your room is dark for the perfect night's sleep. There are a few restaurants in the Venetian that are worth visiting - I recommend making a booking as it can get busy: AquaKnox for fantastic seafood, The Cut for amazing steaks, Postrio for a contemporary bar and grill experience with great ambience, SushiSamba for the most amazing sushi experience (treat yourself to one of their pisco sours too - yum) and if you are looking for something more casual we'd suggest Grimaldi's Italian Restaurant for fantastic pizza and delicious salads at very reasonable prices. If you don't enjoy walking then you have a few travel options from the hotel - taxi rides, the hop on/hop off buses and the monorail is just a few 100 meters from the hotel behind Harrah's. I would definitely recommend this hotel - it has everything you need for a fantastic stay in Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west to Vegas Boulevard and ensure that you ask for a king bed in your booking...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly thankful that you took the time to recommend and provide feedback on so many of The Venetian | The Palazzo restaurants.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards and opulent accommodations.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We recently stayed at the Palazzo for two nights while in transit back from the Midwest. Upon arrival, we were allowed to check in despite being quite early. The front desk stated that they did not have an ADA suite ready but would put us in a regular suite that was flat, without the step down area. That was fine with us since the priority at that point was getting some rest.

Unfortunately, upon arrival at the room, we found out that it was a room with the living room area two steps down from the bedroom area. We alerted the front desk, chilled out for a while, had lunch and returned to the room. Shortly after returning to the room, the front desk informed us that they had another suite available and it was ADA. The bell staff delivered the keys and we trekked up to the room.

The suite was on the 45th floor and was completely ADA set up with an excellent bathroom featuring a roll in shower. Frankly, we were stunned at how big the suite was and how well appointed it was for ADA travelers. The suite faced the west, towards the strip. We could look down on Treasure Island and the Mirage and could take in the sunsets over the mountains. The suite also had an L-shaped couch that was easy to transfer to. This was, by far, the best ADA room we had ever stayed in. Can't say enough good things about it....

The casino is just the right size, big enough but not too big. The guest elevators are a ways from the front desk but not far like the hikes you have in some casinos.

There is easy access to the Grand Lux restaurant, which is pretty good. They serve large portions so be ready for that. Also, there's a good gelato place just outside of the casino and near a waterfall area that is pleasant. This hallway connects to the shops, restaurants, etc., and leads to the Venetian. Down by the Venetian, they have cheaper restaurants like Johnny Rocket's, if you want to save a few bucks.

Room service was excellent as well. They'll even set up the meal on the table in the suite, which is a nice bonus. The food was good and delivered hot.

The only complaints we had was that there were no bellhops to assist us when we checked in. As a result, we had to schlep our bags while pushing the wheelchair, balancing Starbucks drinks and jackets in my wife's lap. We felt like the Beverly Hillbillies hauling all this stuff across the ornate check in area. Not sure what was up with that... Also, we had some laundry done, which was delivered on time and in excellent condition. A short while after they delivered it, we got a call from the laundry service stating that we had our do not disturb sign out and that the guy had to deliver our laundry. I told her that we had already received our laundry and she said "no you haven't...he's right outside your door." Say what??? I said okay and went to the door but nobody was there. Not sure what was up with that....

Anyway, we got a good rate and had a great stay at the Palazzo. We would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with a wheelchair. The suite was fully accessible and, unlike a lot of hotels, had a great view. It'll be the first place we check from now on when we go to Vegas...

P.S. My wife also used the Canyon Ranch Spa and they were very accommodating and helpful. Their hair washing sinks have the chairs attached to the sink, however, so we had to adapt and go to the men's barber shop for the hair wash since the chairs there could be moved while my wife stayed in the wheelchair. We made it work, though, so that's cool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am particularly pleased that we exceeded your expectations in assisting you with your ADA needs. While I am pleased that overall your stay was a success, I apologize that there was no bellman available to assist you upon your arrival.

Thank you for you review and I look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I hate Vegas. 2 business trips their every 12-15 months for the last 6 years has destroyed any chance of me ever enjoying it. But after dealing with the glory of the Mandalay Bay, the Luxor, Paris and Caesar's, this was a serious step-up from previous experiences. And I had to spend 8 days here...

Great beds, great bathrooms all in a huge room with the most comfortable hotel room sofa of all time. I would definitely do everything I can to stay next time I am forced to Vegas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo and your generally positive review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you found the suite and property conducive to business.

With over one millions square feet of meeting space and one of the country’s largest unobstructed ballrooms The Venetian | The Palazzo is ready for business. Additionally, as you mentioned in your post each and every suite has a living room suitable for smaller business meetings, as well as, an in suite fax and copy machine.

Thank you again for your generally positive review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to your return in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spent my 58th birthday at the Palazzo and it was great. Wonderful view, great rooms and fantastic pool area. Slot machines let you play and even win a little.The walk over to the Wynn was worth our while beautiful hotel with a great breakfast buffet. Do not miss the new buffet at Ceaser's its fantastic. The hotel has Legasses Sports Bar, a great place to watch sports and the Signature Steak sandwich melted in your mouth. All in all the best trip in a long time.

Room Tip: Slipped the front desk clerk a ten with my credit card and she upgraded us to a room with a view of...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

VP of Hotel Operations

Been to The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!