Stayed here 2 nights in July, 2012. All rooms are suites and are very large (720 sq. feet). Booking was okay but be sure to really explore as there are some good deals that are not easy to determine. Ours included breakfast for 2 and $30 in either mini-bar items or movies.
Lots of free parking under hotel that has easy access to casino and rooms. Check in was fine. Quick service and the staff member, Amanda, was very helpful. She gave us some ideas where to go with teenagers for dinner and entertainment (although she recommended Lagasse Stadium which it turns out, is only 21 and up). She also cautioned us not to lift mini-bar items unless we were going to use them, as it's weighted. A good bit of information for the teens!
We were upgraded to a higher floor, without asking, and had a view of the mountains and golf course. This was actually just fine as it's a lovely view. The room as a "wow" factor when you enter as it's very large and very Vegas with the furnishings and couch pit/living room. However, some problems with our room:
1) One of our queen beds was broken. I did not notice it until very late at night when we were getting ready for bed. No way that housekeeping should not have noticed it as one side was broken and much lower. I slept on the good side and then the pull out (which was oddly comfortable). I told Colin, our check out clerk about it when we left and he seemed receptive. Took off the resort fee (which we didn't use anyway as it covers the gym, a paper and Wi-Fi).
2) The gym is for 18 and over only. Something they make no mention of anywhere on the web site or upon check in. My teens were disappointed.
3) The resort fee should be waived if you have no intention of using the Wi-Fi, gym or going down to the coffee shop to get a paper (they are not delivered).
4) There were odd, miscellaneous charges on my bill. The check out clerk removed them but could not say what they were for.
5) With the "Suite Deal" that we had, you get coupons for breakfast, the movie, etc. You then have to present these when the breakfast comes or you check out. Can't they just keep track of this electronically?
6) Giant hairball in the shower (gross) and lots of large rhinestones on the floor of the bathroom, both from previous occupant/s. Housekeeping should have vacuumed and cleaned better.
7) TV in bathroom was not operational.
8) No coffee maker in the room. (Coupon for free coffee downstairs was provided).
9) Bathroom is big and open, shower is glass and bath not private and yet there are no locks. Toilette is separate but you have to get to it through the bathroom.
10) No divider between beds and living area so someone cannot get up and watch TV or open drapes without disturbing other people in the suite.
Go through the coupon booklet they give you as it saved us a minimum of $100 on restaurants, shopping and attractions.
Room-service breakfast was very good and super prompt/hot.
Pools are not destination pools. If you are going to Vegas for the pools, stay elsewhere.
Location is good. Fairly central. CVS is just in front of hotel and has everything you could need at reasonable price.
We had a good time. The Venetian and Palazzo are both beautiful hotels. Palazzo seems more mellow and quieter than the Venetian. We did not gamble, but the Palazzo gambling area seemed quiet and not too smokey, but the staff seemed uptight when we walked through.
I may not stay here again (too many less expensive choices), but think it's worth it to stay here once.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palazzo Hotel Las Vegas
- Palazzo Las Vegas
- Palazzo Hotel Las Vegas