“Wonderful hotel with Amazing rooms - I want to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

You added The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino to your Saves list
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3325 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Bradford
“Wonderful hotel with Amazing rooms - I want to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I visited the Palazzo in September 2010 with my boyfriend, mum and step-dad. There were a few bad reviews on here and we were a little concerned before we went, however there was nothing to be concerned about.

The hotel is huge and you could spend all day in there without seeing sunlight as it connects to the Venetian so the complex itself is massive.

The Rooms - These were amazing. A large suite with a comfy big bed, living area and gorgeous bathroom. This is probably the best room I have stayed in and I have stayed in a lot of hotels. There was a dressing table in the bathroom which was great for getting ready in.

Location - The best. Central on the strip and near to many of the main hotels and nightly shows. You wouldn't find a better spot.

Casino - This was good and always busy, although most of the tables are higher buy ins which fits in with the standard of hotels. One issue was they wouldn't accept our English driving licences as ID and we had to go get a wristband fro security (this was the only place this happened and we are in our lates 20's) A passport would have been fine.

Food - The restaurants that we went to were fabulous. There are so many to choose from and we didnt' have a bad meal our whole trip. A couple of times we asked the conceierge to book us a table which they did and they were really helpful. On Friday and Saturday lots of places were full so if you want to go somewhere specific book early. My favourites were Morels Steakhouse and CUT. I don't think there will be a bad place in the Palazzo or Venetian.

Shopping - The shops in the Palazzo are high end/designer, nice to look in but I didn't buy anything. There is a big mall accross the road, you can cross safely to get there on the walkways. Here there are more high street names which were cheaper than in the UK eg Diesel, Levi etc.

Pool - The pool areas are large and you can use pools from both hotels. Due to the height of the buildings sunny areas in a morning were shady by the afternoon, which was no problem as we just moved around. It was often too hot to be there for too long. At about 4 o'clock there was a good place in the sun by the Venetian.

Other things - We went to see Love which was one of the best shows I have ever seen - would highly recommend.
We also went to Bills Gambling Hall for cheap beer, the Bellagio for the fountain show.

You can explore all the hotels so that is great.

We stayed there for 7 nights which we thought might be too long - However it wasn't long enough as we loved it so much. I can't recommend this hotel enough, one of the best places I have been ever. I hope to go back someday soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,321)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
COLORADO SPRINGS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed here with two friends. We chose this hotel because we could comfortably fit three people, plus we thought it would be nice to stay in a "luxury" hotel at least once. Although the hotel was nice, it was a bit pricey IMO.
The employees were very friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean. The bed coverings were white, which I always like because I can tell they are clean.
The L-shaped sofa also had a pull-out bed, but my friend who slept on the sofa didn't use the pull-out, she just slept on the sofa and said it was very comfortable.
Overall, I was pleased with the room, but considering the price and ratings, it did not meet my expectations and I believe it is over priced. It took 5-10 minutes for us to get hot water every morning. I usually took a luke-warm shower because I didn't want to run the water that long. The toilet paper holder fell off the wall. The beds were not uncomfortable, but they weren't luxurious. Same thing with the linens and towels. When I made the registration, I stated that we would have three people in the room, and I paid the extra $30/night for the third person, but we had to call down for extra towels and only received one extra bath towel, hand towel and wash cloth. That seems more like what I would expect at a Motel 6 rather than a "luxury resort."
The bathroom is large and nice, but unless you're there with your spouse, don't expect more than one person to be able to use it if someone is in the shower.
The pool area was nice. Actually, there are several pools, so it never seemed crazy or too crowded like some places are. The pool we used (the first one you get to as you go out the door) didn't get any sun until about 1 pm because of the shadow of the building, but that's pretty typical in Vegas. It was also clean and the staff was friendly.
There are lots of dining options, but they are pricey. My friend went to one of the coffee shops in the Palazzo and paid $12 for a cup of coffee and an apple fritter that wasn't any better than one you could get at Dunkin Donuts. One good thing is there is a Walgreens right next door, so at least you can get some reasonably-priced snacks. We did find one little Italian place that we really liked - Trattoria Reggiano. I would definitely recommend eating there. Small and homey with great food, reasonable prices and friendly service.
The casino is clean and offers a non-smoking area, but minimum bets are high and maximum bets on slots are high. Even some of the penny slots have a max bet of $4.00, so if you're shooting for a progressive or something that requires max bet, even the penny slots will deplete your gambling budget quickly.
Overall, I would say this is a nice place, but I would not stay there again. The rooms at New York New York (for example), while not as large, are just as nice. The rooms, food and gambling are way over priced at the Palazzo IMO. If you want luxury, spend the extra money to stay at the Wynn. Otherwise, choose one of the more moderately-priced places on the Strip.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Staff was friendly, helpful and respectful. All staff treated you like you were a top guest. I've been to Vegas quite a few times, and will not be staying anywhere else after this stay. Rooms were were very generous in size and gorgeous! We didn't want to leave. Stay here, and you will NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2011
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Price - we paid $144 + $17 resort fee

Booking - we picked this hotel based on tripadvisors reviews and we weren't disappointed.

Parking - self parking was convenient

Internet - access speeds were awesome.

Budget Breakfast - Don't want to spend $40 for breakfast? Level 2 has a Cafe Presse - we split a large coffee and 3 bagels with creamcheese for < $15.

Floor - based on reviews we asked for high floor at the back. We got the 42nd floor and had a beautiful of the mountains.

Bathroom - amazing.

TVs - 1 in the bathroom, and 2 in the main room. This is excessive. :)

Sunken living room - this is a very nice detail.

Big windows - the view was great.

Pool - the swimming pool is beautiful. We had a great time at the pool.

Best things - room decor and fast internet, and GREAT pool.

Worst things - no free attraction.

Room Tip: Sign up for emails from the hotel to get a coupon
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

We arrived at the Venetian around midnight after a late flight to discover that the room type we reserved (non-smoking king bed) was not available and in fact only smoking rooms were available, so they offered to move us to the Palazzo, however they still only had two queens there. We didn't mind the change and were told we could call to switch to a king the next day. When we got to our room I went through the papers the front desk had given us to find our breakfast coupons as the rate we reserved included continental breakfast. They weren't there, so I called to the front desk and they asked me to come down. I was surprised they would not bring the coupons to the room, which is what I would expect at a 5*. After waiting in line at the desk I got the coupons, but upon counting them later I realized that we were short two. We decided not to go back because we figured we would eat elsewhere one morning. The room was very nice. Great furnishings, large living room area, multiple televisions, huge bathroom with separate shower & soaker tub. All of the pillows were feathered and since I have allergies, I requested hyperallergenic ones. Somewhere the message got mixed up because housekeeping showed up and wanted to change all of the linens. The next day we decided not to go through the hassle of changing rooms since we are used to a queen anyway. Big mistake. We came back to our room the next night to hear the TV in the room next door blaring so loudly that we could hear what show was on. I guess we got some new neighbours during the day. We called security and they came up and found no one in the room - people left the TV blaring while they were out. Security turned off the TV and left. Next night, same thing. However, this time security didn't show up, so we didn't sleep well. We've stayed in Vegas several times at different hotels and though it's known as a party town, we've never had problems with noise at night. One other annoying thing is that there was some sort of security light because there are two stairs between the sleeping area and the living room area. I guess it's so people won't fall down the stairs at night. However, we couldn't turn it off and it seemed pretty bright when all of the other lights were out.

As for other amenities, we wandered down to the pool area which was absolutely gorgeous, though we didn't get to use it because it was a little too chilly during our stay. The parking garage was big and we never had problems getting a spot. The free continental breakfasts at the Luxe Cafe were mediocre and the wait staff seemed confused about what was included. We upgraded to the buffet one morning and it was decent, but nothing special. We had a very yummy meal at Dos Caminos just off the casino. We like this location on the strip as it feels very central, it's attached to shopping and near the Fashion Show Mall. We like to try different places on the strip, so we probably won't be back to this one next time. Overall, it was nice rooms and just OK service, but it was the rude neighbours who ruined our stay.

By the way, they do charge a resord fee at this hotel. Don't know why these stupid fees are not just included in the room rates.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Beautiful hotel, gorgeous, huge suites.
Excellent service.
On the strip near TI, Mirage. Not in heart of action - if you want lively stay near MGM/Bellagio/Planet Hollywood.
Excellent pools.
Casino area lacked excitement compared to other casino's.
Restaurants were lovely. Denny's for breakfast nearby.
Connected to Venetian which is picturesque and ambient.
Watch 'Beatles Love' at Mirage - it was brilliant.
Want to go back...
Vegas is always amazing. This was perfect for a romantic trip. For more fun I'd stay in Planet Hollywood/MGM etc.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I had a nice stay except it was marred by terrible service. First of all, my room wasn't ready until 4:30pm even though check-in time is ostensibly 3pm. To further add to my annoyance, there was much confusion & delay with the delivery of my luggage to my room. Despite being a 5 star hotel, the woman at the service desk was brusque and dismissive of my distress. She did not offer any apologies or consolation, and in fact didn't even want to hear my complaint. It was absolutely atrocious the complete lack of service culture. Given all the other fine hotels on the strip, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!