“Fantastic meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Japonais at the Mirage

Japonais at the Mirage
3400 Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)
+1 866-339-4566
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Japonais at the Mirage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #307 of 3,754 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese, Bar, Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Spring Mountain
Description: The balance of the East. The exuberance of the West. Our version of the NYC and Chicago favorite is fresh, hip and a collector of rave reviews. Condé Nast Traveler – "Top 66 Restaurants in The World" New York Times – "Culinary Experience with Immense Enjoyment" Bon Appétit – "Everything about this Space Is Good Taste" Robata Japanese Grill Skewered and grilled over Japanese Charcoal 7 Days a Week from 5:00pm to kitchen close Late Night Menu Served Friday and Saturday from 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. in the lounge.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Myself and my wife ended up eating at this fantastic restaurant by chance after our booking at the Barrymore was cancelled for a private party and had one of the best meals we've both had. My wife tried several dishes from the Robata section (Japanese barbeque) and found them all to be fantastic (as well as the cocktails she tried!). Brilliant service and when they found out it was our honeymoon we got a free dessert, which was a very nice and kind touch.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“One of the top 66 Restaurants in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Altough I like their Chicago location way more, because of the decor and ambiance, the food is as fantastic as ever. If you love Sushi, you must eat here.

Visited May 2013
Las Vegas
“Ripped Off!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

As a Las Vegas local, we do not go to Strip hotel restaurants very often but we went with out of town friends who were going to see "Love" after dinner and suggested Japonais. It is a great looking place but that is about the only good thing I can say about it. The wine and Sake prices are high even for Strip hotel restaurants. I had a $7 Japanese bottled beer. The Chilean Sea Bass was excellent, very moist with a good sauce. The Yellow Tail Roll ($10 for 6 pieces) and Unagi ($10) were just plain horrible. We had better at our local Smith's grocery store. The Skirt steak was OK but nothing special. The Ginger Mousse ($12) was lackluster. We had been there years ago and it was great. What happened? You could take a cab to much better local restaurant off the strip and still come out ahead.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited this restaurant before going to see the Beatles Love at the Mirage. My husband has been to Japan and we are keen fans of Japanese food. We really enjoyed our dining experience at Japoinais. The Miso soup was excellent and as good as the Miso soup served in Japan. We both enjoyed fish for main course. The only slight disappoint was the fact that my meal came with veg which included a lot of celery, which I loath and this wasnt listed on the menu. The waitress was friendly and extremely efficient, which enhanced the whole experience. We really like the decor and ambience of the restaurant. Overall, well worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Best sushi on the strip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very good time and my favorite bar and restaurant in Las Vegas. Brad, Victor and Travis have all been there since the place opened and they know me and my wife by name...nowhere else in Las Vegas have I ever had that happen. They enjoy their jobs and you can tell they're like brothers. The jokes they crack about each other make me smile as I write this review. The food is amazing, especially the Robata Grill, and the drinks are made perfect. Do yourself a favor and sit at the bar and prepare for a great night. Thank you guys.

• Visited April 2013