“Breakfast Not As Described,ROOMS NOT BIG,DOUBLE CHARGED!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Las Vegas South Strip

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Las Vegas South Strip to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Las Vegas South Strip
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 E. Robindale Road, Las Vegas, NV 89123 (Formerly Microtel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #111 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Buena Park, California
“Breakfast Not As Described,ROOMS NOT BIG,DOUBLE CHARGED!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I booked for two nights for about $fifty a night because of the free internet and the free FULL HOT breakfast.What a lie that was.At breakfast I realize they only serve sausage when the hotel is full.The cook told me that truth while the front desk clerk lied to me and said they never serve meat at all.

Uhhh maybe their website should state that instead of lieing to people.

That's not even the half of it.The manager had a nerve to lie to my face.Her first lie was "We only serve a continental breakfast" (False advertisement)
Then the next lie she told was "We are only suppose to offer a continental breakfast but we like to offer more than just a continental breakfast for our guests" (False advertisement---website mentions nothing about continental or deluxe continental)
Then the last lie she told was the MOTHER of ALL LIES and that was "Well I had some gravy this morning and the meat is chopped up inside"
Now I know for a fact that is a lie because I tasted the gravy and unless the meat was purated like baby food, meat was nowhere to be found.
I finally had enough of the manager with her lies and bad,unprofessional attitude that we left one night early and then on top of all of that, they had a nerve to double charge me. When I asked them for the corporate phone number, they said there was no corporate phone number and that I could file my complaint against the manager with the manager herself.
What kind of crap is that?????!!!!!!!
The billing issue didnt get resolved until I actually called the corporate number off their website. i was told I would have to wait 3 days for the manager to respond before anything else could be done.So I went through my bank that same day to get the charge reversed and ......what do you know, they called me back the very next day.
BEWARE!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!IT IS TOO FAR FROM THE STRIP AND YOU CAN GET A BETTER HOTEL FOR LESS MONEY AND HEARTACHE

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Here's a breakdown of what this hotel is like :
Just a background: I have lived at the venetian, flamingo and circus-circus too.

The rooms at the venetian and flamingo (after recent renovatoins) are definately glam but I found microtel to be an excellent value for money.

The rooms are basic with beds, microwave, little closet, mirrors, large windows etc
Pros: free wi-fi, free breakfast, next to tax-free mall, free regular shuttle to the strip, staff extremely courteous,

Cons: little away from strip

If you are vegas and renting a car.. go for this place. You will not regret.

I wold call this one a hidden gem

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

OK, let's get this out of the way first: if you don't have a car with you in Vegas, this place is not for you. It's a good 5 miles south of the center Strip area; you aren't going to walk it and cab fares will really add up.

That said, it's a great place to stay if you're not bound for luxury. Nothing about the place screams luxury, but so much screams value. Start with a good size room, a nicely sized flat screen mounted on the wall with way more channels than you're used to in a hotel, free wifi that just plain works, plenty of counter space in the bathroom, and a small fridge and microwave in the room.

The staff at check in is friendly and easily answered questions. They always smile when you come in.

And get this: a complimentary breakfast buffet. Not just a few stale pastries and coffee. Scrambled eggs (shaped into small pancakes), pancakes, home fries, biscuits and gravy, waffle dough and a waffle iron, oatmeal, toast and bagels, cold cereals and milk, muffins, coffee, tea, iced tea, cranberry juice, and apple juice. I forget, but there may be a bit of fresh fruit. You can start your day hearty, you can start your day healthy, but it's a fabulous way to start your day. And did I mention it's free?

Although close to the airport (just south of it, the location gets very little airport noise. It's within walking distance (right across the street) from an outlet mall. And it's easy to get to from the freeway.

There's a small indoor pool and a teensy workout room. The workout room reminds me of those I've seen in condo complexes, basically a small closet, albeit window-lined, crammed with a stairmaster, a stationary bike, and an elliptical machine, just so they can say they have a workout room.

About the only drawback to the property is that there's no store for amenities and necessities.

I found this when I was looking for a bargain place to stay over the first weekend of March Madness, when rooms at the Imperial Palace, the bargain basement of the Harrah's empire, even with the Total Rewards discount, were going for a New Year's Eve-like $100+ per night. For 4 nights here (Thursday through Sunday), I paid a total of $200. No dishonest "resort" fees either; what you are offered is what you pay.

It's not a big place, just 3 stories and a couple of different wings. My room was at the end of the hall, and on the top floor, so I heard very little through walls and doors. The cabinetry in the rooms isn't of the highest quality, and the narrow desk in the room was right under the TV, but these are minor quibbles.

I saw all sort of travelers here, from spring breakers to single travelers to families. It's a freind;y and accommodating place. Unlike just about every hotel, bar, restaurant, convenience store, grocery store, etc., this hotel has zero gambling machines. So the clientele comes here for the hotel amenities alone.

Like the Clarion around the corner from Encore, this turns out to be another hidden Vegas gem. I'm not sure it reaches the "4 star" level in terms of typical hotel ratings, but it definitely deserves it for what it does offer at the "star" level it places itself in. I mean, if you were to look on Priceline of Hotwire or Expedia or Kayak or other hotel and consolidator sites, it'd likely be considered to be somewhere around 2, 2.5, or maybe 3 stars. Which according to their rating system would be about right. But in that range, this hotel shines. With all if offers, unless you need to be on the strip, for sheer value, this is a place to consider.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We stayed here for less than $60 per night so we we're expecting a lot. I was really impressed by the staff's friendliness and with the cleanliness of the place. The meeting rooms were nice and everything was set up how we asked. It was convenient to the outlet mall and a few restaurants (be sure to ask for the free bottle of wine across the street at Bootleggers). The onsite breakfast is good too. Its about a $20 cab ride to the strip, but they do offer a shuttle during the day. Don't forget to bring your own toiletries, that's the only other place they lack in.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
RIVERSIDE, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

This is truly a Budget Hotel. No Amenities - Like no Closet - Just a Stand Alone Cabinet - No Shampoo etc... There is a Refridgerator and Microwave however. No place to eat, no bar.

The location, far from the convention center and far from the strip made it difficult to mix with associates and still get home in one piece -- CVab ride to Manalay Bay = $15 can't imagine the cost to get to the Convention Center.

If you want a true budget experience for an average price then by all means this is for you. For me -- I'll stay in an older closer htel next time, like Main Street Station, Fitzgerald's, Foiur Queens etc.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Arriving late by air, this was the perfect place for us ... Convenient to the airport, reasonable rates, spacious room, friendly front desk staff ... Got a great night's sleep and had an enhanced continental breakfast that included hot items (no fruit, however). The clientele looked sharp, too, mostly couples and families.

• Stayed January 2011
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

We are a family of two adults and two teens. We paid $53.72 (including tax) for one Saturday night. What a great value!! When I checked in, the front desk lady tried to photocopy of my credit card and driver's license, which raised my concern. I used American Express card with the security code printed on the front of the card. I told her that I do not feel comfortable to let her make a copy, she then did not do it.

The room was clean. It was not big but enough for our family. Very quiet. Internet speed was fast! The complimentary hot breakfast was very delicious, although the sitting area was odd. The staff was constantly checking and restocking the food.

This hotel really went beyond my expectation! Great value!

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Las Vegas South Strip? Share your experiences!