“Good food but stay away from the clam strips” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good food but stay away from the clam strips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was having a hankering for clam chowder and clam strips so I googled the 2 items in Las Vegas. I had driven by Shuck's many times but had never tried their food. The reviews were pretty promising so off I went. We ordered 2 cups of clam chowder (YUMMY), 1 Seafood Louie (pretty darn good and loaded with seafood), 1 order FF (PERFECTLY COOKED) and 1 order of clam strips - all to go. I was stunned when I got home and saw the clam strips were HUGE - I have never seen such large clam strips. Unfortunately, the clam strips were XL JUMBO RUBBER BANDS. I tried a few hoping I got 1 bad one but nope, all too tough to chew or bite.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, Oregon
“Sports bar with seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is off the strip somewhere in the Centennial or Summerlin area (I'm never driving and I don't live here anymore). It's basically a sports bar with a restaurant that prides itself on its oysters. And they're good. Anything you order here is good. I usually get the crab stuffed tilapia (because I'm a huge fan of stuffing one food inside another - stuffed mushrooms! stuffed peppers! stuffed pork! stuffing!). A nice family place.

Visited September 2012
Anaheim, California
“Good & Fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Fish Tacos were good. Portion sizes were bigger then expected. Cocktails were excellent! Resturant was clean. Bar seemed fun and friendly.

Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Breakfast . . . Great Crab”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We frequent Shucks often because they have a great breakfast deal (Everything is $3.95) and even better crab.

First, breakfast . . . Breakfast is hard to mess up, and they don't do it. I've had three or four different dishes, and all were good. There's nothing too exotic on the menu, and what they do offer is normal breakfast fare. However, you do get quite a bit of food for the money.

On to the crab legs. . . . One would not expect crab legs to be as good as these are considering how far from the ocean we are, but they're great. We always order the Dungeness crab (1/2 pound for me, full pound for husband), and they come with potatoes. They're very tasty and, as another diner said, they don't stick to the shells. You can have them hot or cold, and we usually get them hot. Some day I may try another dish, but with crab like this, I'm not too anxious to deviate.

Yes, this is a bar, but sometimes bar food is the best . . . and that's the case here.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas, Nevada
“$3.95 for Breakfast, What a deal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have eaten here on several occasions with my wife and $3.95 for ALL breakfast dishes is a heck of a deal. My favorite is the Chicken Fried Steak. The atmosphere is bar-like, which is fine since they have plenty of TV's to catch up on the latest sports scores. If I have one criticism about Shucks, it is the service. It is not as quick and attentive as I expect, but overall this is a breakfast deal that just can't be beat.

• Visited May 2012