“Rao's” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rao's

Rao's
At Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)
(877) 346-4642
Neighborhood: The Strip
Tampa, FL
“Rao's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

We enjoyed a late night dinner here after the Celine Dion concert. Everything was delicious. The bread and wine were good, the seafood salad, pastas, chicken and veal chops that we ordered were also all very good. Jimmy our waiter was very pleasant and helpful. We were just disappointed that they had run out of their meatballs. We were seated at a table in front of an open window facing the pools of Caesar's - it was a great view. It was probably our most inexpensive meal in Vegas and one of our more enjoyable ones.

San Francisco
“las vegas is las vegas and rao's was fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

people , lighten up here..it is only food....we had a wonderful anniversary dinner last saturday night and the staff was professional and nice and the food was good....overpriced...it is las vegas...are there quieter, more intimate restaurants in LV, yes...
go there and enjoy what we have in Rao's at Ceasars...thanks for a fun night !!!!!

ann arbor
“rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

overpriced, slow, food was average

Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
“Food was fine, but way too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

We ate here before the Celine Dion concert. I hadn't read any reviews. The food was fine, and the bread was really good, but honestly I make much better vodka pasta than that, and for a tiny fraction of the price. (I noticed in the reviews that practically the only person who LOVED it was there on business and so probably didn't pay for their meal out of their own pocket!). We did not have a reservation, and the host acted like they were doing us a huge favor to seat us, rather than us doing them a huge favor by giving them almost $80 for, basically, spaghetti.(and we drank water!). The caprese salad was very good and tasty, but two slices of tomato and two slices of cheese is NOT worth $14. I have never seen a $3.50 slice of tomato in my life. We are not cheap, we don't mind paying for exceptional food, but this was just pretty good food, and not even any meat. If we went back, we'd look in the Forum shops for something to eat.

Austin, Texas
“Extremely disappointing for the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

Before I made my reservation at Rao's, I spent a lot of time reading reviews online. My husband and I usually go to 1 or 2 expensive restaurants on our trips to Vegas, so I try to spend time looking into different options before we go. I read a lot of mixed reviews about Rao's, but I dismissed the ones that complained about people wearing shorts and that sourdough bread was served as opposed to Italian bread. These seemed like complaints from people who were very difficult to please, which is completely different from my husband and I.

We both ordered the gnocchi, which I always love to try at different Italian restaurants. I was extremely disappointed in the dish; the pasta was rubbery and had an odd taste, and the sauce was really nothing special. I actually couldn't finish it because it was not good at all. My husband ordered a side of peas, which seemed to be just peas steamed in butter. For $10, I would have expected at least some seasoning.

We have been to many similarly-priced restaurants in Vegas, and the food we had at Rao's seems like an expensive joke in comparison. I am assuming the location in New York is much better due to its popularity there. But in Vegas, I would highly suggest one of the Italian restaurants in the Venetian or Bellagio before even considering Rao's.