“Not bad... Not bad at all” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6220 S. Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89118   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #139 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Rugby, England, United Kingdom
“Not bad... Not bad at all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

You have to realise one thing up front. This is primarily a low cost business hotel some distance from pretty much anywhere. It's at least a 15 minute drive to the strip and major attractions and isn't particularly family friendly

So saying, I was there for 9 days and did see a few families with young children staying there so it can't be that bad. The hotel does have a small pool, but when I was there in February it was closed and to be fair at that time of the year wouldn't want to swim in it anyway

A fairly relaxed place miles from anywhere but there is a bar/burger joint in the car park that has a really good range of beers for dad's and a 7-11 within five minutes walk for ice creams, sandwiches and the odd case of beer

Rooms are comfortable, clean and well maintained. This being the US they are also a lot larger than the European equivalents - you can expect a fridge, microwave and Cable TV as standard
They even throw in a free (mass produced) breakfast which at times can be really handy

My only criticisms are that
a) it's nowhere near anything. You really need a car to get around as cabs are expensive and public transport doesn't exist - there are restaraunts and bars a ten minute drive away, a Dunkin Donuts and Subway if you feel suicidal and try to cross the six lane road

b) It's 100% non smoking. Most reception staff don't mind you nipping out at night for a pre-bedtime cigarette but some of the younger staff look at you as if you'd crawled out of a sewer

It is what it is - not outstandingly bad and not outstandingly good either. A quiet place to stay, not too expensive and reasonable accommodation

As an American cheapie hotel it's actually pretty nice - shame Holiday Inns in the UK aren't this good

Room Tip: Don't pick the ground floor Also 100% non smoking
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Brian C,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience in the hotel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I sincerely apologize for falling below your expectations in some areas. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here while in town on business and had a pleasant stay. Good location - took a cab from the airport and that cost $30, which met my expectations. There is a sports pub directly next door with decent food so you're covered there. Everything else is what you'd expect in a HI Express. Standard breakfast options, friendly staff, clean, etc etc. I'd stay here again if I was in town and didn't have a need to be on the Strip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Used a rewards night here after we had stayed on the strip the previous night. It was so nice to come stay a nice clean, small hotel, that was off the noisy strip. The hotel is very new and they recognized the Platinum Priority Club membership with lots of candy and goodies. Thanks!! If I am in Las Vegas again this will be a top pick!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this place many many times on business over the last three years. Basic accommodation away from the hustle and the bustle of the Strip. Facility is fairly basic. Could never convince them to put a fan in the exercise room. Had to buy a battery to replace in the clock there as they never replaced it inspite of repeated mention to hotel staff. Internet reliability was very poor off and on. When it worked it was fine but keeps fading in and out.. not much fun if you are using a VPN. You to login and reconnect to the remote site each time the internet gets dropped. Finally that got to me and I ended up checking out early and checked in another hotel. The other hotel (also an IHG property) using the same internet service provider had no issues. Probably will never go back again even though the discounted corporate they offered me rate was great.

Room Tip: Select a room facing the strip... The lights look great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Rama S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience the internet connection may have caused you. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best resource in improving guests satisfaction.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and thank you very much for your patronage.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rancho Cucamonga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

In late December 2012 my wife and I did a Las Vegas trip to see a show. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Las Vegas I-215 S. Beltway. I don’t regret it. The front desk staff was friendly and quick. After about 10 minutes I had a key and was off to my room on the 3rd floor. Our room was pleasant clean and had all the amenities we would expect. It has a coffee maker, mini fridge, nice flat screen TV, iron, mini microwave, writing desk with chair and high speed cable internet. We had an east view and could see most of the Las Vegas strip in the distance to the North East. The bed was comfortable and the furnishings were attractive and in good condition.
There didn’t seem to be many other guests I only saw one other couple in the place so it was quiet. The hotel is in the airport departure path so airplanes can be heard. Air traffic slowed in the afternoon and was not a problem for sleeping.
The complaints I have for this hotel are the very noisy A/C & heater unit. When it’s on it drowns out the TV so when it cycles on you must adjust the volume. The bathroom vanity lights are in the mirror shining outward. The lights are big bright and blinding. There isn’t a fan in the bathroom and showers cause the mirror to fog completely. The pluses easily outweigh the minuses at this hotel and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: East side upper rooms view the Las Vegas strip (and some storage units), West side rooms view the pa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Evergreen, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed here a few times and some of my co-workers stay here quite often. This is a nice Holiday Inn property and there are some great restaurants close by which is very nice if you don't have to be right in the action on the strip (I travel to Vegas a lot, so I think the location is nice - off the strip but not WAY off if you do want to go for some night life, short drive to the airport, etc.) The front desk people are satisfactory, not rude, but not overly friendly either. However what ruins this property for me is the chincy under window HVAC units of yesteryear (I travel every week and thought these were a thing of the past in all newer properties) The fan kicks off and on all night and the only way to keep it "on" is to have the Heat or AC completely off and in fan mode (unacceptable in the desert). There is even a note on the HVAC units saying "DO NOT turn below 70 degrees or the unit will freeze up" etc. again unacceptable to me - I never seem to sleep well here do to this and made up my mind last week that I wont be returning...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Nice hotel right off the highway. Easy check in and check out with friendly staff. The room was spacious, clean and well-appointed with everything in working order.. Shops and restaurants are nearby and hotel has complementary airport shuttle. Rate was a bit high.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway? Share your experiences!