“Holiday at the Holiday Inn Las Vegas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6220 S. Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89118   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #144 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Holiday at the Holiday Inn Las Vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

In late December 2012 my wife and I did a Las Vegas trip to see a show. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Las Vegas I-215 S. Beltway. I don’t regret it. The front desk staff was friendly and quick. After about 10 minutes I had a key and was off to my room on the 3rd floor. Our room was pleasant clean and had all the amenities we would expect. It has a coffee maker, mini fridge, nice flat screen TV, iron, mini microwave, writing desk with chair and high speed cable internet. We had an east view and could see most of the Las Vegas strip in the distance to the North East. The bed was comfortable and the furnishings were attractive and in good condition.
There didn’t seem to be many other guests I only saw one other couple in the place so it was quiet. The hotel is in the airport departure path so airplanes can be heard. Air traffic slowed in the afternoon and was not a problem for sleeping.
The complaints I have for this hotel are the very noisy A/C & heater unit. When it’s on it drowns out the TV so when it cycles on you must adjust the volume. The bathroom vanity lights are in the mirror shining outward. The lights are big bright and blinding. There isn’t a fan in the bathroom and showers cause the mirror to fog completely. The pluses easily outweigh the minuses at this hotel and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: East side upper rooms view the Las Vegas strip (and some storage units), West side rooms view the pa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Evergreen, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed here a few times and some of my co-workers stay here quite often. This is a nice Holiday Inn property and there are some great restaurants close by which is very nice if you don't have to be right in the action on the strip (I travel to Vegas a lot, so I think the location is nice - off the strip but not WAY off if you do want to go for some night life, short drive to the airport, etc.) The front desk people are satisfactory, not rude, but not overly friendly either. However what ruins this property for me is the chincy under window HVAC units of yesteryear (I travel every week and thought these were a thing of the past in all newer properties) The fan kicks off and on all night and the only way to keep it "on" is to have the Heat or AC completely off and in fan mode (unacceptable in the desert). There is even a note on the HVAC units saying "DO NOT turn below 70 degrees or the unit will freeze up" etc. again unacceptable to me - I never seem to sleep well here do to this and made up my mind last week that I wont be returning...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Nice hotel right off the highway. Easy check in and check out with friendly staff. The room was spacious, clean and well-appointed with everything in working order.. Shops and restaurants are nearby and hotel has complementary airport shuttle. Rate was a bit high.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Littleton, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Overall, it was decent, but far below what I've come to expect from Holiday Inn Express.

Negatives - I travelled with a hockey team. 17 kids and their families.

First off, they charged everyone the full price of the booking at the time of reservation. They didn't indicate that the were going to do this. They asked for a credit card to hold the reservation, but instead, charged the full price months in advance. One of our players broke his collarbone and didn't travel with us. When the parent called to cancel, they were told, "no cancellations. no refunds". He actually had to go through American Express to reverse the charge. It's customary to charge the 1st night of the reservation ONLY if 24 hours advance notice was given. Our parent tried to cancel weeks in advance.

Second, due to bad weather, many flights were delayed by several hours. One of the moms got her rental car quickly and decided to take all the boys to the hotel while the other moms waited in line at their car rental counters. It was 2:30am and all rooms were fully paid for (see above), yet the manager would NOT allow the boys to enter their own rooms under any circumstances. Again, 2:30am and boys had an early game the next day, so they ended up sleeping on the floor in the first mom's room on the first night.

Third, when I heard we were staying at the Holiday Inn Express, I was really happy because they are known for their comfortable beds. Not these. I had stayed at 3 other Holiday Inn Express hotels in Colorado, Minnesota and Florida and all had extremely comfortable beds. The ones at this hotel were hard and very uncomfortable. Lastly, the bath towels were rough and scratchy.

Everything else was okay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Pristine clean, and I check carefully (under the sheets, under the mattress, in the seat cushions). Not only was the room immaculately clean, but it was very attractively furnished. The bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Wi-fi worked great.

The breakfast was slightly below expectations. By 9:30 am (on a Sunday, when breakfast is advertised to be available until noon), the pastries were gone and all the fruit they had left was green bananas. But everything else, including the sausage, eggs, coffee, and juice, was good.

This was our second stay here and we'll definitely come back if we're traveling through Las Vegas again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is very nice. Clean, great breakfast and very nice staff. The manager was above and beyond helpful! This is a must stay in Vegas! After staying on the strip the first two nights this was a refreshing place to stay after the strip. The location to everything is great. We all went swimming and had the pool to ourselves, very nice after swimming with 200+ on the strip. Great place for families to stay or anyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HIE6220Rainbow, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for the awsome review!!! I will share your comments with my team and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Vegas!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was impressed by how attractive this property is... But, quickly became disillusioned by the "little things" that seperate an "average" hotel from an "excellent" one.
Here are some of the things I did not like: 1) Seasoned travelers know that one of the greatest spots to pick up a bed bug infestation is on the upholstered luggage rack. Enlightened innkeepers provide the folding metal type that improve the odds of not being "bugged". 2) I hate getting a local paper. I want the USA Today. I don't live in Las Vegas and I don't care about local issues. 3) I want the breakfast bar to open at 6:00 am. not 6:30. I come to Vegas to work. Working folks in Vegas start early. 4) Is is too much to ask the front desk people to smile and say hello? I get it when they are busy with a guest, but otherwise ...it this too much?

Add these up and the best this hotel earns is a ho-hum average. The only reason I would use it again is if the price is right. All other factors considered, I won't be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear pestpilot,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for falling short of your expectations. These concerns will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be addressed immediately. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Thank you again for your review.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway? Share your experiences!