Arrived at 3:30pm to find a long line to check-in. After waiting in line the front desk agent tells me my room is not ready and check-in time is 4:00pm and I need to wait. So the family and I wait in the lobby until 4:30 and after no phone call and watching a line up to the front doors remain constant the whole time I go back in line to check on the status of my room. 10 minutes later I get back to the front desk, finally a room is ready. Originally I was told I had to go to the concierge to get a parking pass but because I complained the front desk was able to get me one. Why would I want to stand in line again at the concierge to get a parking pass, how does that make any sense. I was also told there would be no compensation for my room not being ready on time but yet I had to sign a form at checking saying they would charge me if I check out late. We didn't get into our room until 5pm not a good first impression or start to our vacation. I am a manager at hotel so I understand how busy it can get but the organization of having to go to the concierge for a parking pass is terrible, no phone call when my room was ready, waiting in a long line twice and not getting to my room until 5pm is unacceptable and should be compensated for. In the end they did remove my resort fee but $24 is a pretty small gesture.
We decided to attend the Sunday night Luau as something fun for the family. Again or struggles with organization. Long line and once you got inside the line for the food snaked right through the middle of the tables and chairs and where other people were eating. They also seemed to over sell the event as they didn't have enough tables set up and had to put up some last minute table in the back. The food was ok; I expected more for the price, thought it was strange they didn't have any pork at a luau. The highlight was the entertainment. The dancers were all great and really put on a good show, my daughter loved it. If it wasn't for the dancers the night would have been a bust.
Additional items that needed work were the parking wasn't the best with very few spots close to the hotel and 1 elevator was broken for the first day we were there causing long lines and added to the frustration of the first day.
On the positive side the room was great, the lazy river was great, and the pool was nice but a little too warm for my liking (I'm sure the 112 degree weather didn't help though). A nice hotel for families visiting Vegas but someone really needs to look into some changes on how things are run.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahiti Village Resort & Spa is the newest jewel in the Soleil Management resorts portfolio. This Tahitian themed resort includes three multi-unit residential towers surrounding a lushly landscaped courtyard with a sandy beach entry pool, hot tub, and a quarter mile long lazy river. Tahiti Village includes a three-story, 42,000 square foot hotel style lobby, Tahiti Joe's Restaurant featuring Tahitian cuisine for lunch and dinner, and Mahana Spa a full-service spa located on the ninth floor of tower five. Also open 24 hours a day are two fitness centers and a business center with high-speed Internet access. Family and children activities, including water aerobics and treasure hunts, are held daily for a surcharge to non-owners. Guests can catch a complimentary shuttle to The Strip, which is only two miles away. Families appreciate the spacious suites with kitchens or kitchenettes – a true feeling of being home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Tahiti Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahiti Village Vegas
- Tahiti Village Las Vegas Nv
- Tahiti Village Hotel Las Vegas
- Tahitti Village
- Tahiti Village Resort Las Vegas
- Tahitian Village Las Vegas