“Bad manners” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Little Egg Harbor
“Bad manners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

My husband and I just were vacationing in Las Vegas. I have to say that the employees that were trying to sell this facility are horribly rude. They were canvassing the streets to try and get you to listen to their pitch. That is all fine and good, but it gets tiring after saying NO to 5 people. Then we have a representative get nasty with us because we said No and then proceeded to walk away and ignore her. She makes a statement "you keep paying my taxes." I haven't ever stayed in this facility but if it starts out with rudeness like this, why would I ever go there.

Stayed October 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Wilmington, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

Well we just returned from spending a week at Tahiti Village. After reading all the previous reports, I was really worried that we had made a big mistake booking this timeshare (through a friend). We (my boyfriend and I) were pleasantly surprised and would definitely return. This was my first trip to Vegas so I was very excited. We took a cab to the resort (which cost around $30.00 w/tip) would be great if they offered a shuttle service (the cab ride back to airport was around 25.00). Arrived around noon and our room was not ready. We asked for a pool view and they told us to come back at 3:00 and they would have one for us. We dropped off our luggage and went to explore the resort. The grounds are just beautiful and the pool is amazing. We quickly changed into our suits and pool bound we were. There were so many different parts of the pool even though it was all 1 large pool. There was a shallow part with sand which was great for small children, there are 2 other shallow parts (perfect for putting your lounge chair in), there was a volleyball net & basketball net in the pool…just a great pool that offers something for everyone. There is a store on site (wiki wiki post) that sells extra floats. At the pool area, they will give you towels and if you get there early enough, they do have a few extra floats, noodles and inflatable balls. You can also order food from Tahiti Joe’s and have it delivered, there are menus on the chairs (see photo)
The resort also offers a free shuttle service to a few points along the strip (Tropicana, Treasure Island, Stratosphere and a few stops to the Premium Outlet Mall). The Deuce bus is also convenient. For 5.00, you can ride all day. There is a stop close to the resort whether coming or going. If you are coming back at night, it stops over near the outlet mall. When you are heading towards the strip, you can catch the bus by the outlet mall as well but it will take you to the bus depot first (strange but it’s not bad). The Deuce will stop a lot so if you have to be somewhere in a certain time, I would not recommend it. The Deuce also goes straight down the strip and all the way to Fremont Street (which took over an hour from Tahiti Village). The shuttles also have coolers on them with small bottles of water – free of charge.
The parking garage – I’ve seen soooo many complaints from people here and I don’t get it. From reading other posts, I thought the parking garage was across the street or something, it’s right next to the complex. There are parking spaces closer to the buildings but if you aren’t lucky enough to get one, the parking garage isn’t that far. When you first arrive, you can drop your bags off and have a bellboy take them to your room so no need to lug them from the parking garage.
Tiki Joe’s & Denny’s – both were great places to eat. We only ate at Denny’s twice, got the wi-fi to work the first time but not the second time. Tiki Joe’s has amazing nachos and they are HUGE. Hit the bar there for happy hour before our flight home – great beer specials.
Welcome Package – this is where the timeshare comes into play. We knew from reading other posts that this is the “welcome to the timeshare” package and we weren’t interested. We were asked when we got there if we wanted it then and we said “no, we’d pick it up later after we checked in fully”. No issues there. We got a few messages on the phone with daily activities and reminders that if we didn’t pick up our “welcome package” yet to do so but there was never any more pressure. The place does bring people in almost non-stop. It’s amazing how many people come and listen, not sure exactly what they are getting in return. There is a concierge desk that will help get you discounted show tickets if you are interested.
There are also a few really nice gas grills & mini frigs towards the south end of the resort. I’m not sure if they are there for anyone to use or if you have to reserve them, but they are nice.
The rooms were really nice. We were in a moorea room, 1 bedroom suite with no balcony. The room had a mini frig, microwave and toaster…no oven. Housekeeping will come in the middle of the week to clean, but we never needed it (we just took towels & soap off the cart).
Check in is at 4:00 and Check Out is at 10:00. We asked for alittle later check out and they said 10:30 or 11:00. We ended up checking out at 10:15 but it was nice to not feel as rushed.
Overall, We can’t wait to go back and will definitely consider visiting Tahiti Village again. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

• Liked — Pool, Clean Room, Nice accomodations
  • Disliked — Wish it was closer to strip
Los Altos, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

Tahiti Village is a very nice resort in Las Vegas. However - the shuttle set-up is not very convenient, and the resort is quite far from the strip. I spent an hour travelling each way because of the shuttle route. The pool is very nice for families, but is too shallow (and warm) to swim in. They are adding a lap pool which will be great. The rooms are very nice and well appointed. They supply laundry detergent and there is an washer and dryer in the room. I stayed in the Bora Bora one bedroom. The veranda is very small, and very hot. Ask for a room with a view, my view was downright ugly overlooking construction and desert (#5627). There are other rooms that overlook the main strip and are wonderful views. I would return to this place, however I would wait for the lap pool, and make sure I had a better view. Building 5 is huge, and involves a lot of walking, as does the strip! I logged about seven or eight miles per day. Tahiti Village has a great bbq area that they clean every day, a lot of people used it. The onsite restaurant (Tahiti Joes) has a few items that are okay, but isn't anything to brag about. The Denny's and Tahiti Joes have wifi access. I was able to get wifi access in my room (sixth floor), and better connection out on the balcony. The "tahiti" network was unlocked, and I was able to access email every day, as well as upload photo's. It's absurd they don't have wifi there, they charge $7.00 for five minutes or something ridiculous to use their business center.

Stayed September 2008
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

This was our first time staying at our Bora Bora time share & we loved every minute of it! The pool water is warm but it still cools you off. Had a great time playing volley ball in the pool & met a lot of great people that way. The lazy river was suppose to be done before we got there but its way behind schedule which was our only disappointment. No problem with check in/out. Fast friendly service always.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Woodstock Illinois (Chicago Burbs)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

I was first a little nervous about Thahiti Village and not sure if I made a good buy so I read the reviews and was lead to question my decision even more. But now at the end of my first week here I am glad i didn't beleive the hype of a few unhappy visitors. Our first night here we tried to upgrade to the Bora Bora, the larger condo, and they originally they said they could not accomidate us because they were overbooked. We asked to speak to the management, explained this was our honey moon and recieved not only the upgrade but also a REALLY nice gift basket.

SHUTTLES - they have shuttles that run to the strip the top of everyhour. Suggestion: take the shuttle to the strip and spend the $15 on the cab to come back so you don't have to worry about pick up times.

POOL - AWESOME, to the person who complained about the tempature of the water please remember it's Vegas...it's hot...the pool can't be kept too cold or people would not stay in that long. The water volleyball was awesome and the food was reasonably priced. They don't advocate outside food and drink but don't inforce that either as long as you aren't a drunk idiot.

ROOMS- Bora Bora was great, nice plasma in the bedroom, wish it were in the living room. I've never seen a washer and dryer literally in one...not stacked...actually one mashine that will wash and dry your clothes.

MAID service - yes, they only come once a week but if you leave your garbage outside they will pick it up. We personally appreciated not having someone in our room everyday interupting our plans but if you don't know how to clean up after yourself you can get the service for between 35-85 dollars depending on the room size.

Convenience STORE - was very suprised they did not over charge just because they could.

AIRPORT service - just get a taxi, even if they did try to offer the service at the 10am checkout every one has different flight times and you would be sitting in yet another line to get home...not worth it.

Parking - we were in room 1612 and the parking was never an issue for the 4 days we had a car. Suggestion: get the rental for the week it's free to park at 95% of the casinos. Even if you don't need it the whole week it's usually A LOT cheaper to get the week rental and just return it early.

We had a GREAT time, everyone was friendly and we took the advice not to get our 'welcome package' so we not 'pitched' at all. Can't wait until our next visit!

• Liked — It was far enough from the strip to not get overwhelmed by the casinos...we felt like we at a resort not a hotel.
  • Disliked — The elevators are pretty slow at times and the remotes can be tricky.
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

We read the mixed reviews so we weren't too sure as to what to expect. We checked in late and were given clear directions to our room, a one bedroom with full kitchen. The room was absolutely beautiful. We asked for one with a view of the pool, but they were all taken as it was a long weekend. It didn't matter. What we have was very nice. In fact, speaking with other guests, they all loved their new clean living spaces.
Travelling with children made it very nice to walk to the refrigerator to get a snack, and throw whatever dirty laundry in the in-suite laundry. If you didn't feel like cooking, Tahiti Joes and Denny's was a 1 minute walk away. Also lots of other restaurants around and a large Outlet Mall within a few minutes walk.
The pool was very clean. In fact the entire property was spotless. Staff was working endlessly keeping the resort immaculate. The staff was also very friendly and willing to assist with whatever need arose.
The one downfall was that we were put in the new tower. It was so new that there was no internet connection. Apparently it is coming in, so in the mean time I had to set up my laptop at Tahiti Joes to pick up the signal from Denny's restaurant downstairs.
Overall, the place is awesome!
Yes it is a Timeshare and there are salespeople doing the tours in the morning and afternoon. They keep to themselves and are not intrusive at all.

• Liked — Clean with all the comforts of home
  • Disliked — No Internet. Once it does get connected in the new building, there is a daily fee
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

We just got back from the tahiti resort in vegas so i thought i needed to write a review to give the resort a fair shake. After reading so many reviews that were bad we thought maybe we should not go. The day we arrived at the resort we were in line behind a couple that didn't look to happy. They told me don't take the welcome package because if you do they won't leave you alone. So when i go to check in a young lady told me to go to the desk across the room to get my welcome package and i told her no thank you. After that the whole week there i had no problem. The resot is in a great location not to far away but not to close .IT has a beauitiful pool and the resort was very clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would go back and stay again.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — parking
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Tahiti Village? Share your experiences!