I have to start by saying that the SkyLine Terrace Suite was a GREAT room. The terrace is huge and it was really nice to be able to get fresh air. It's awesome. The loft itself is nice, and very functional. Here's my thoughts on the good, bad and ugly:
- Outdoor terrace, awesome! We had a view of the strip and it was spectacular watching the city lights come on every evening.
- The room is first class, with a great layout and nice, quiet location in the hotel.
- Confusion about the category. We booked a SkyLoft terrace suite, but got there to discover we had a "SkyLine" terrace suite -- not even a category mentioned on the MGM web anywhere. This means that we didn't enjoy any of the SkyLoft luxury amenities, just a nice room.
- As nice as the Loft was, we could see signed of aging -- i.e., the iPod dock for the sound system was an old format, leaving us to scramble around looking for an older iPod since iPhone 4 and up (pretty standard these days) do not work in the older dock.
- Service - especially room service - was the WORST. It regularly took an hour or more for us to get our meals, and we had to call (and call and call) to get the dirty carts taken out of the room. We had one breakfast cart sit in the lobby area of our room from 10am to 8pm -- even though we called (and yelled) multiple times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized internationally as a Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five Diamond destination and as a member of The Leading Small Hotels of the World, the SKYLOFTS were unveiled as a rare and private sanctuary of sleek two-story accommodations. The SKYLOFTS offer visitors the quintessential loft environment harmonizing design, ambiance and unparalleled vistas. Located on the top floors of MGM Grand, each loft features 24-foot, floor-to-ceiling windows providing dramatic views from every angle. Priced from $800 to over $10,000 per night, SKYLOFTS accommodations are available in one-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans and range in size from 1,400 - 6,000 square feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Skylofts at MGM Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skylofts At Mgm Grand Hotel Las Vegas