“Very Good, but not Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Skylofts at MGM Grand

You added Skylofts at MGM Grand to your Saves list
Skylofts at MGM Grand
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3799 Las Vegas Boulevard S, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #5 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Calgary, Canada
“Very Good, but not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Visit = Feb. 4th to 7th, 2013. I believe the skyloft at MGM Grand is in need of some staff training, they must have a lot of new people on the floor. Arrived on the 4th, greeted at the valet parking area, taken to my room to register. Love that feature, no need to stand in line at the VIP lounge. 1st day was great. On the 2nd day, I noticed the lid on the espresso machine was broken, the dining room table had crumbs on it, coffee bean containers were no re-stocked and there was white stuff floating in the espresso machine water tank. This was after they had cleaned the room. Did not receive my turn-down treats neither on the 5th nor the 6th. Finally, I asked the front desk to check me in on my flight since I was going out for supper and asked her to change my seat to an aisle seat if it wasn't already assigned. When I got back from supper, she told me that it was all done and I had my aisle seat. Ride to the airport was great in the Rolls Royce, however my boarding pass had me sitting near the window. Couldn't she see from the airplane diagram when she chose the seat? Other than the above, the rest was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our sincere apologies for our service shortfalls during your most recent stay. At your convenience, please call me or my Hotel Managers if you would like to discuss your issues any further. We value you business and would like the opportunity to personal follow up with you. (702) 891-3832

Director of SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Have stayed at the MGM Grand Skylofts several times. I must say it's one of, if not the best, hotels I've ever stayed in! Top of the line service! You have your very own special entrance, to avoid all the crowd. You're chauffeured in a Maybach!! The refrigerator is always stocked! You have a dream butler service, where you can select from over a dozen pillow types! Turndown service, fresh flowers, huge closet, Bvlgari bath products, tv's all over the place (including two in the bathroom), KOHLER Sok Overflowing Bath for Two with Effervescence and Chromatherapy, walk-in shower, living room, dining room, office, the list goes on and on.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Strip for a great view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Been to Vegas 30 times in the last 10 years.Traveling from the east coast . Have stayed at just about everywhere but always come back to MGM GRAND. Why cause when Jim who opens up the car door to greet you when you arrive. To,Sal the pit boss ,To Marvin at Craft steak house and last but not least the host Chris H who makes you feel like your the only guest.
5 STARS

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. I have passed along your praise to the individuals mentioned. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed in the Skylofts Jan. 12-16 in #87. We had an amazing view of the strip with a sunset just as beautiful as being at the beach. I couldn't see the sunrise but the mornings coming in from the tables and seeing the reflection from the buildings across the street left me wanting more! I ordered breakfest every morning and I must say the Huevos Rancheros is the best I've ever had! The Butler and maid service was always there to take care off any needs, my friend even had his pants pressed and returned in less than 10 minutes! It was very cold while we were there(highs in the mid 30's) and since glass is from floor to ceiling sitting around the windows was probably a 5 degree difference. This would be my only suggestion...Gas Fireplaces...not for the heat but just the thought! I think we had a total of 6 couches, a pool table would have been nice. I must admit...I was probably the cleanest PLAYER around, the bathrooms, showers, sauna, jacuzzi tub, TV's in the mirrors, jamming tunes...my wife was so jealous she wasn't there! There maybe better Suites elsewhere but until we have a horrifying experience the Skylofts is the only place to be! We are already planning another trip for May and this time bringing the wifes! Thank you MGM for your IMPECCABLE hospitality!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for the great feedback and we look forward to having you again soon.

Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Booked for three days but ended up staying for 6 as we could not bear to leave. Stayed in loft 72, which has poor non-strip views, but that did not really matter (and was compensated for by amazing dawn views with the sun rising over the mountains). Everything worked (which seems surprisingly difficult based on stays in other hotels). Nice little touches (like the coffee machine with choices of coffee bean - but could do with some clear instructions at hand). Room well designed and comfortable. Best bath (infinity Jacuzzi) and steam room/shower ever. I was so clean on that trip! Probably the best thing though is the staff, from check in, through concierge to Butlers and housekeeping. Everyone was so friendly, helpful and professional. It felt like being in a secret club. I cant find anything to fault, and it would be dull listing everything in the room as they all deserve praise. I have found my new luxury home in Vegas. You forget you are in the MGM Grand - its like your own private part of Vegas.

Room Tip: Specify if you want a strip view otherwise I suspect those asking will be given the poor view rooms...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYLOFTS in the future.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I previously reviewed Skyloft's back in July and gave it a 5 star rating. I've just had my second stay (Jan 2nd-4th 2013, booked through Amex FHR to receive all of the great benefits) and once again Skyloft has earned it's 5 stars!

We had a wonderful stay in a two bedroom loft with a great view of the strip (overlooking the Mansion). There were no problems encountered during the stay and the room was perfect and very relaxing. We ordered breakfast to the loft on both days, and the service + food were consistently good.

Unlike every other hotel in Las Vegas, Skyloft really do all they can to try and honor your preferences and requests. This is really important to me, after being let down by just about every other hotel on the strip. Skylofts have, during both of our stays, honored all of our requests and made us feel very welcome and pampered. I'm always sad to leave and I can't wait to go back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

OC, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at The Skylofts in July 2011 and the experience was impeccable, however this time around, not so much.
I was taking my daughter and her boyfriend to Las Vegas for an early birthday present so of course, since I had such a great experience before, I never hesitated with where to book. This time we booked a 2 bedroom suite for $1,200 per night. I booked online and booked under the "Indulge in Luxury" package which was advertised on their website. It advertised a $50/night in room dining credit and also a $100/night spa credit. We received neither. We didn't go to the spa because we ran out of time, but we did take advantage of the in-room dining and no credit was ever offered. If they are going to advertise this package they should honor it. I gave them access to my airline reservation so that they could arrange for a pick up at the airport. Our flight did experience an arrival delay of about 20 minutes or so, which was not the fault of The Skylofts, but I don't understand the driver just leaving the airport without even bothering to try and call my cell phone to see if maybe we were delayed, which we were. We had to pay $30.00 for a 5 minute ride to the MGM and no one even offered to compensate us for that, they just said that we should have called the hotel when we didn't see the driver. That may be, but I didn't readily have the number on me at the time and I thought they would have at least attempted to contact us. Once we got there we were checked into our loft which was number 62. It was the view of the airport which was disappointing, but the butler was very nice and we just overlooked it. The problems with the suite started later that night. Upon returning from our dinner, we noticed an odd smell of sewage/bad toilet kind of smell in the kitchen area. It was really faint and I thought it was maybe because the heater had been just turned on. The next day, my daughter noticed that the toilet in their bathroom was not working and was actually leaking from the tank. We called housekeeping right away and they responded, saying they would call maintenance. I then also mentioned that I was noticing that certain parts of the suite were again smelling of the sewage smell and thought that maybe the toilet problem might be the cause. The girl from housekeeping also agreed with me about the smell and said she would call maintenance. I had to call twice and finally a lady from maintenance came to address the toilet problem. She said that there was actually a part missing from the toilet tank which was causing the leak and said that the sewer smell was actually stemming from the air conditioning/heating unit, but that she would attempt to fix it. I called the concierge and told the lady that answered of the problem and told her that I wasn't paying $1,200/per night to be in the middle of several maintenance issues and she offered me to switch to another loft. I asked her if they could give us a loft with a view of the strip and she said she didn't think they had any available. I then spoke to a manager and he said he would switch us to loft #96 which had a great view and it did. He also said they would comp our room service breakfast the next morning, which they did. When we arrived in our loft #96, we noticed that it was in much better shape than loft #62. I don't know why they would put us in a room that clearly had issues when they had one available that was much better. Although this loft #96 was definitely better than loft #62, it still had issues with the air conditioning/heating unit. The heating component was not working at all and it would only air condition no matter what we did to adjust. It would not turn off. Considering that it was 30 degrees outside, having it be 63 degrees inside the suite and still cooling out of control was NOT comfortable. At this point, I got sick of reporting problems, but we were freezing so I had to call our butler, who came and turned each unit completely off manually, rendering it unusable. He then left considering the problem solved but the cooling was still on in our bedroom until I finally opened their air conditioning unit and found that it was still on and turned it off myself. We were afraid to turn on any kind of central air from that point on because we figured 67 degrees was better than having the air on uncontrollably. The other thing that really bugged me was that the butler and the housekeeping staff would just walk into the suite without knocking (which didn't really happen the first time I stayed here) and I really felt it was bordering on violation of privacy/intrusion. The Skylofts should rethink this policy as I'm sure it is unnerving to quite a few guests. I stay in hotels quite a bit and have not had this experience anywhere else. Lastly, BE WARNED, even though it was presented to us by our butler upon check in that the only thing they charge for is the alcohol in the kitchen, that is apparently NOT TRUE. Upon checkout we were charged for the snacks and, apparently the Voss waters we consumed. There was nothing notating that these were NOT FREE. The highlight of our trip was our breakfast at The Mansion, which was wonderful and perfect. Sadly, I would think twice before booking a Skyloft next time and I would definitely check around. It seems to me that the concern/service/condition of the room(s) is not what you would expect when paying $1,200 plus tax (almost $1,400)/night. Just very disappointed with our stay this time. The last thing I want to say is that upon our ride back to the airport our driver happened to mention in casual conversation that the Skylofts were actually under 50% of their full occupancy at this time. I don't know why the concierge lady would have represented/lied to me when I was asking to move from loft 62. Just too many things to ignore on this trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure speaking with you. Thank you very much again for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We look forward to having you back as our guest again in the near future.

Jamie Laina
Director of SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand.

Been to Skylofts at MGM Grand? Share your experiences!