“Second stay just as spectacular as the first” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skylofts at MGM Grand

Save Saved
You added Skylofts at MGM Grand to your Saves list
Skylofts at MGM Grand
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3799 Las Vegas Boulevard S, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #7 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Seattle, Washington
“Second stay just as spectacular as the first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I previously reviewed Skyloft's back in July and gave it a 5 star rating. I've just had my second stay (Jan 2nd-4th 2013, booked through Amex FHR to receive all of the great benefits) and once again Skyloft has earned it's 5 stars!

We had a wonderful stay in a two bedroom loft with a great view of the strip (overlooking the Mansion). There were no problems encountered during the stay and the room was perfect and very relaxing. We ordered breakfast to the loft on both days, and the service + food were consistently good.

Unlike every other hotel in Las Vegas, Skyloft really do all they can to try and honor your preferences and requests. This is really important to me, after being let down by just about every other hotel on the strip. Skylofts have, during both of our stays, honored all of our requests and made us feel very welcome and pampered. I'm always sad to leave and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Director of SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
OC, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at The Skylofts in July 2011 and the experience was impeccable, however this time around, not so much.
I was taking my daughter and her boyfriend to Las Vegas for an early birthday present so of course, since I had such a great experience before, I never hesitated with where to book. This time we booked a 2 bedroom suite for $1,200 per night. I booked online and booked under the "Indulge in Luxury" package which was advertised on their website. It advertised a $50/night in room dining credit and also a $100/night spa credit. We received neither. We didn't go to the spa because we ran out of time, but we did take advantage of the in-room dining and no credit was ever offered. If they are going to advertise this package they should honor it. I gave them access to my airline reservation so that they could arrange for a pick up at the airport. Our flight did experience an arrival delay of about 20 minutes or so, which was not the fault of The Skylofts, but I don't understand the driver just leaving the airport without even bothering to try and call my cell phone to see if maybe we were delayed, which we were. We had to pay $30.00 for a 5 minute ride to the MGM and no one even offered to compensate us for that, they just said that we should have called the hotel when we didn't see the driver. That may be, but I didn't readily have the number on me at the time and I thought they would have at least attempted to contact us. Once we got there we were checked into our loft which was number 62. It was the view of the airport which was disappointing, but the butler was very nice and we just overlooked it. The problems with the suite started later that night. Upon returning from our dinner, we noticed an odd smell of sewage/bad toilet kind of smell in the kitchen area. It was really faint and I thought it was maybe because the heater had been just turned on. The next day, my daughter noticed that the toilet in their bathroom was not working and was actually leaking from the tank. We called housekeeping right away and they responded, saying they would call maintenance. I then also mentioned that I was noticing that certain parts of the suite were again smelling of the sewage smell and thought that maybe the toilet problem might be the cause. The girl from housekeeping also agreed with me about the smell and said she would call maintenance. I had to call twice and finally a lady from maintenance came to address the toilet problem. She said that there was actually a part missing from the toilet tank which was causing the leak and said that the sewer smell was actually stemming from the air conditioning/heating unit, but that she would attempt to fix it. I called the concierge and told the lady that answered of the problem and told her that I wasn't paying $1,200/per night to be in the middle of several maintenance issues and she offered me to switch to another loft. I asked her if they could give us a loft with a view of the strip and she said she didn't think they had any available. I then spoke to a manager and he said he would switch us to loft #96 which had a great view and it did. He also said they would comp our room service breakfast the next morning, which they did. When we arrived in our loft #96, we noticed that it was in much better shape than loft #62. I don't know why they would put us in a room that clearly had issues when they had one available that was much better. Although this loft #96 was definitely better than loft #62, it still had issues with the air conditioning/heating unit. The heating component was not working at all and it would only air condition no matter what we did to adjust. It would not turn off. Considering that it was 30 degrees outside, having it be 63 degrees inside the suite and still cooling out of control was NOT comfortable. At this point, I got sick of reporting problems, but we were freezing so I had to call our butler, who came and turned each unit completely off manually, rendering it unusable. He then left considering the problem solved but the cooling was still on in our bedroom until I finally opened their air conditioning unit and found that it was still on and turned it off myself. We were afraid to turn on any kind of central air from that point on because we figured 67 degrees was better than having the air on uncontrollably. The other thing that really bugged me was that the butler and the housekeeping staff would just walk into the suite without knocking (which didn't really happen the first time I stayed here) and I really felt it was bordering on violation of privacy/intrusion. The Skylofts should rethink this policy as I'm sure it is unnerving to quite a few guests. I stay in hotels quite a bit and have not had this experience anywhere else. Lastly, BE WARNED, even though it was presented to us by our butler upon check in that the only thing they charge for is the alcohol in the kitchen, that is apparently NOT TRUE. Upon checkout we were charged for the snacks and, apparently the Voss waters we consumed. There was nothing notating that these were NOT FREE. The highlight of our trip was our breakfast at The Mansion, which was wonderful and perfect. Sadly, I would think twice before booking a Skyloft next time and I would definitely check around. It seems to me that the concern/service/condition of the room(s) is not what you would expect when paying $1,200 plus tax (almost $1,400)/night. Just very disappointed with our stay this time. The last thing I want to say is that upon our ride back to the airport our driver happened to mention in casual conversation that the Skylofts were actually under 50% of their full occupancy at this time. I don't know why the concierge lady would have represented/lied to me when I was asking to move from loft 62. Just too many things to ignore on this trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure speaking with you. Thank you very much again for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We look forward to having you back as our guest again in the near future.

Jamie Laina
Director of SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

You haven't been spoiled until you spend a couple of nights in a SkyLoft. After the Rolls Royce (the Maybach was out for repairs we heard) picks you up at the airport, you're whisked into a world of luxury with a separate elevator to a private check in desk on the top floor. A butler is standing by at all times outside your room, waiting to cater to your every need.

The room itself is off the charts, two story opulence with a bathroom any woman could spend a few hours in. The shower is huge and with a clear glass window, overlooks Vegas below. Did I mention they have a pillow menu? Yeah, it's that awesome.

The only drawback, since I stayed here a year ago, every place else I've been since has paled in comparison. So, you've been warned.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to having you as a guest of SKYLOFTS again in the near future.

Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The SkyLofts are simply amazing, So many celebrities were staying there, we had a hard time not just hanging out in the SkyLoft's lobby...

Lofts come with a butler, We did our best to keep ours busy. We had the best breakfasts every morning in the room, and every night a cocktail with friends. You can really get used to this.

Vegas is Vegas, coming back to the Lofts made all the difference. A little oasis in the middle of the craziness...

The spa was only let down, simply due to the sheer number of people... not very relaxing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your awesome feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Redlands, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went here to celebrate our 45th anniversary, and were not disappointed. While the amenities are nice, we especially enjoyed the over the top service. We had breakfast served by our butler one morning, and splurged and went down to the Mansion for breakfast the next day.

There were a few challenges. I must admit it took a while for us to learn how to adjust the lighting and music in all of the different areas of this two story one bedroom suite. Those who have difficulty negotiating stairs should be warned. Also, there are no instruction manuals on how to use anything, such as the coffee machine, and although your butler will provide a short tutorial, we found that we learned mostly by trial and error.

We were told that the soft drinks were completmentary, but there is no warning that the inviting snacks arranged on the shelf above it are not. So if you read and believe the review written directly below this one that suggests that they are included, be aware that you will find some multiple of $10 added on to your bill.

Our only other mildy disagreeable surprise was that the Jacuzzi is not a Jacuzzi, but only produces gentle bubbles. There are no strong jets. More than making up for that is the steam shower, making the bathroom quite exceptional. My wife was particularly amazed by the television in the mirror, and there is a second one by the tub.

The Sky Loft itself itself is an architectural delight, with its floor to ceiling windows and spectacular views. The bed is comfortable, and I think we ended up with a dozen different pillows from the extended variety offered. But it's the excellent service that makes staying here, if you can affored it, worth the cost.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and kids stayed in a 2 bedroom loft - simply the best!! If you want to stay in luxury with all the mod cons - this is the place for you. Well worth the splurge for a few days. I've stayed in many 5 star places around the world but nothing compares with the Skylofts. From the moment you walk in, it's just jaw dropping. We came from the Bellagio the week before and there is no comparison.
We initially booked about 6 months in advance direct with the hotel @ $1500/night but found a cheaper rate a few weeks out with Expedia (saved $500/night)
Cannot fault anything with these suites - they are absolutley huge covering 2 floors with floor to ceiling windows - We had great views of the strip and New York New York. The lofts have a separate check in area to the MGM and private elevators. The high tech gadgetry is awesome - a single remote that controls everything - lights, climate control, TV, CD, DVD, Ipod, Iphone, electric curtains and drapes etc. There's big LCD TV's in every room. The bathrooms are awesome - huge shower/steam room with rain shower heads (enough room for 10 people) , champagne bubble infinity edge baths/ spas and 2 TV's of course - an LCD on the wall and another smaller one inside the vanity mirror.
We had a soccer fuseball table in one of the rooms and they even provided an X-Box console with heaps of games which was great for entertaining the kids. All the on demand movies were free as well as a huge DVD library.
Great surround sound system throughout.
The mini bar is free for softdrinks, snacks and Voss water and gets restocked regularly
The pool at the MGM is awesome, I couldn't get our young bloke out of there - a bit of a hike to get there though.
My only complaint is that we had to wait around for about 3 hours until 6pm for a strip view room to become available.
Do yourself a favour and experience this type of luxury at least once in your life

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to SKYLOFTS in the future.

Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

From the time I am greeted at the airport and whisked to my loft in a Rolls Royce Ghost, to arriving and being greeted by my butler curbside and then passing all lines and waits to check in at the dining room table of my loft is simply the greatest vacation "kick off" I can recall.

The Skylofts at the MGM in Las Vegas invoke emotion! The aroma when entering the private lobby on the top floor of the MGM strikes me the same as when I walk off the plane in Hawaii. it is an aroma that makes you feel healthy and alive. The luxury is beyond a hotel and actually is more of a lifestyle.

The 3,000 sq. ft. suite boasts every luxury including a pool table, media room, living rooms and 2 master suites on 2 floors. Walls of windows and full Crestron controls for music, drapes, lighting and the works.

My stay goes something like this: Ride in the ghost, check in, in under 2 minutes in loft, place iPod in cradle and fire up my favorite rat pack tunes across 3,000 feet of incredible living - then well it is Vegas..... :-)

Room Tip: Rooms offer Foos Ball tables and or Pool tables. Request your favorite.