“The most luxurious place to stay in all of Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skylofts at MGM Grand

You added Skylofts at MGM Grand to your Saves list
Skylofts at MGM Grand
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3799 Las Vegas Boulevard S, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #7 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
south texas
“The most luxurious place to stay in all of Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was one of the best places I have stayed at in a while. We booked a two story loft. You have your own very special entrance as to skip all lines. With advance booking you could be picked up by a Maybach. There is no check in desk you get up to the top floor some one walks you to your room and a butler checks you in at your dinner table. There are several housekeepers to each room. The walkin closet is huge upstairs in the master. The restroom is decedent and the shower was unreal with a steam feature! There is a TV in your restroom mirror. This is a smart room so everything is controlled by the remote. The dinner area is substantial seating for 6 with a small wet bar. The views are amazing from the room. All the drapes are controlled at a push of a button. The living room is large with a cozy pullout bed our boys stayed on. Room service is delicious. We were treated like royalty. Furthermore the Maybach butler will drive you around with advance notice. the butler left toys for my boys at least twice which was very sweet. We were also given fresh squeezed juice at turn down nightly. If you could ever afford the 1200 or more a night do it! We stayed 4 nights and it felt like home!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Director of Skylofts at MGM Grand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Vegas for a vacation and stayed in the 1 bedroom suite and the 2 bedroom suite while at the resort. I'll make a list of pros/cons of the stay.

Pros:
- Best service I've ever had in Vegas. You get your own Butler that will cater to your every need. My wife and I were celebrating an anniversary and the Butler had a cake waiting in our room one night. Housekeeping is very detailed and will cater to your every request. Staff is always friendly and smiling. They never seemed to tell me no or that they couldn't do something. You definitely get what you pay for.
- In room technology was awesome. You can control the iPod, lights, drapes, temperate and TV from one remote. This was the most technologically advanced room I've ever stayed in.
- Complimentary beverages (non-alcoholic) was a nice touch.
- Amazing bathroom with infiniti tub, sauna shower and rain shower. iPod could be played in the bathroom.
- Transportation. Picked up in the Ghost Rolls-Royce and taken back to the airport in a limo for free.
- Concierge gets it done. If you have a special request, they make it happen. If you use any of the MGM owned sites, you get the best seats/reservations etc.
- Twice daily maid service.
- Amazing in room ambiance.
- Free complimentary movies, most of which were very new.
- Private elevator access.

Cons

- Resort is pricey from the room, tips, food service etc. You get what you pay for, but be sure to include costs beyond just the room.
- 2 Bedroom suite wasn't as nice and intimate as the one bedroom suite. Single shower in the 2BR vs. dual showers in 1BR. 1BR also seemed newer and better cared for. The 2BR suite seemed like it had seen a few parties as evidenced by the carpet spots, felt on the pool table and marks on some of the walls. The MGM may want to do something to keep the property looking pristine in these types of rooms.
- Pool: While the pool was nice and fun, as a skylofts guest, you didn't get the same level of service pool side unless you wanted to rent a cabana for the day. I wouldn't mind paying for a cabana, but I couldn't handle an entire day of 110+ degree heat and therefore get my money's worth for a cabana. I might suggest a skylofts only pool area.
- Spa: Spa service was pleasant, but it looks a little outdated in spots. An upgrade is needed to stay on the same level as the Skylofts.

Overall, I would highly recommend the skylofts for anyone wanting to experience Vegas as a VIP. I booked through my AMEX Fine Resorts and Hotels service and saved some money and got a few extra perks. Will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view at check-in.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Congratulations again on your anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

baltimore, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The skyloft is amazing. Like other posters say, the only downside is you will not want to stay in a regular room after staying here....

We were picked up in 2 limo's (there were 8 of us, and later 9 of us) and taken to the skylofts. It was there I surprised my sister for her bachelorette party, she always wanted to stay in a skyloft.
The concierges were so nice, and our room was not supposed to be ready til 3 pm. I was bummed about saying "surprise!" but then not showing her the room for 7 hours (we arrived at 8 am) - however, the ROOM was ready! This was the best surprise of the weekend for us. It was ready at the crack of dawn! They took us up, gave us a tour and gave us some welcome juice.

The loft is very spacious. We had 9 in the 2 bedroom (the last night only 7 of us) and had plenty of room. We had only one issue w/ asking for 2 rollaway beds 4 times before they were brought to us. There was some huge misunderstanding there.

Later that night, we ate in and had room service. They had a gluten free menu which was important as my sister is celiac. Several got the gluten free chicken and loved it. A few of us got salads which were great. I also surprised my sister with cala lillies and champagne, and while we were at the salon, we came back and the butler helped us have the table all set to surprise her. We brought confetti for the tables. The cala lillies, while very pricey, were some of the nicest flowers I've ever seen in my life. So nice that my sister took them home boxed up on the plane because they were too amazing to leave behind. The dinner was great, however, the fire alarm and warning went off during our entire dinner. It put a damper on our celebratory dinner, but also made for a few laughs. I would say this was probably one of the only negatives of our trip, and I'm guessing, out of their control.

We had an expresso machine and would make fresh tea and coffee in the morning. Your butler will do this for you with one call. We tipped very often. If you stay in the skylofts, I would bring a whole set of money just to use for tipping all weekend long. Between the maid, concierge and butler, lots of tipping going on. Sodas and water are free, which is a great bonus.

There were little touches and surprises that really made the room wonderful. My sister left her jewelry in a knotted mess. When we returned that night, every earring was paired, and everything organized like you'd see in a jewelry store. They'd also fold any clothes you left on the floor, and sit out little treats like chocolate covered raisins. The most amazing thing housekeeping did, was they took our confetti mess from dinner, and shaped it into hearts all over the room wishing my sister congratulations for her upcoming wedding. This was just such a nice touch.

You would also come home and the lights would be dimmed, shades drawn, bed made with a flower on it, and spa music playing softly!

Everything is very high tech, from the cd player, to the remote that works most everything in the room, even to the bathtub that turns colors while you soak in it. In fact, I would joke that every night it took me 20 minutes to get the rooms ready to go to bed with figuring out the lights, shade, music, etc....and it wasn't much of an exaggeration!

I would HIGHLY recommend the skylofts for a special occassion. I think you will find that the extra money you spend on this room makes up for itself with service, perks, beverages, snacks, etc. All the little touches do add up. I can't say I will ever want to stay anywhere else in Vegas again. It definitely spoils you. i could have lived in this home with my children. It was that big! There were rooms I didn't even get a chance to sit in while there. The other nice thing is it forces you to spend more time in the room than you normally would, which offers an opportunity for bonding, and fun times that you may not have if you were out and about. It gives peace and serenity in a town full of wild times and exhausting behavior! What a nice treat. I will definitely be saving my money and returning!

You will love the skylofts. You will absolutely NOT regret treating yourself or a loved one! It will be the best decision you ever made.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: We had room 20 and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Congratulations again on your families recent celebrations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed in the two bedroom SkyLOFT and all I can say is that it was amazing from beginning to end. We had one hiccup with the initial courtesy transportation (Ghost Rolls-Royce!) going to the wrong place, but it was quickly sorted out and every other detail of our arrival was perfect (greeted at the door, escorted to private elevator, in-room check in with butler waiting to greet us by the door, all of our preferences honored).

The rooms are more like large apartments than hotel rooms (3000 sq ft on two levels). Every amenity is top notch (pool table, media room, fully-automated music/drapes/lights, tv's in every room including two in bathroom, steam shower, complimentary Voss water and sodas, $2,000 espresso machine, butler, complimentary clothes pressing, and on and on...). The experience is incredible and they make you feel like royalty during your stay with every request that you make being honored and respected. When you want to leave the hotel, they have private exits with a transport waiting for you (first taxi in line is yours, every time! or you can have a limo if you like).

Also, while staying at the SkyLOFT you will be invited to dine at The Mansion! Make sure you take advantage of this exclusive offer even if it's just to have breakfast there.

Even better...the SkyLOFT is one of the AmEx platinum FHR hotels and you will receive all of the AmEx during your stay (early check-in, 4pm check-out, $200 a day credit for breakfast or in-room dining, $100 spa services credit, etc). Not to mention, through AmEx the room is $200 cheaper to book!

Amazing. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

leeds uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

For our daughters wedding we were encouraged to book two midweek nights at Skylofts, a two bedroom suite. Every aspect was top drawer but three major aspects stood out. First of all the walkin jungle shower, mindblowing! Second was the close family meal for ten of us. We were too late to book a table down in MGM Grand so the butler organised for us to order and sit down in our apartment. He served us and all was top class. Finally after the wedding we entertained some of the guests and all had a spectacular experience. Don't miss out, book midweek when rates are not unreasonable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Congratuations again on your daughters wedding. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were in Vegas (my 4th time) for 4 nights. We decided to splurge and get a Saturday night in the Skylofts. Oh.My.God. Even though I was drunk when we first went into the room (just came from Wet Republic) the place blew my mind. We got upgraded to the 2 bedroom skyloft if I'm not mistaken. Eric the butler had escorted us and our bags in and showed us around. There were floor to ceiling windows, a billiards table, piano, and just a crazy amount of room. I got lost (again probably the alcohol) a few times. I have stayed in many different hotels and suites in Vegas but nothing compares to the Skylofts. If you don't mind the price I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Everything was perfect. From the reception at the airport, to being whisked right up to your loft and having everybody waiting for you to arrive, everything was perfect. The concierge who helped us in the morning was such a positive friendly individual. I cannot remember his name, but he used to work for Mystere and even called one of his friends to get us tickets when the box office was closed...what an example of someone who will go well above and beyond what he is asked of. The other staff were truly amazing, especially our butler Christine. Breakfast at the mansion was a spectacular treat as well. My only complaint, which I will state in case someone reads this was the lack of a pool or private pool area. At $2500/night, I think it would be a nice gesture to at least have a skyloft area at the pool. It was quite hectic to head down to the pool and find a place to sit. I think it would be a great addition to add a service like this, or create a private pool area for the skyloft guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Director of Skylofts

Been to Skylofts at MGM Grand? Share your experiences!