“best we have stayed in!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skylofts at MGM Grand

You added Skylofts at MGM Grand to your Saves list
Skylofts at MGM Grand
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3799 Las Vegas Boulevard S, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Ranked #7 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
leeds uk
“best we have stayed in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

For our daughters wedding we were encouraged to book two midweek nights at Skylofts, a two bedroom suite. Every aspect was top drawer but three major aspects stood out. First of all the walkin jungle shower, mindblowing! Second was the close family meal for ten of us. We were too late to book a table down in MGM Grand so the butler organised for us to order and sit down in our apartment. He served us and all was top class. Finally after the wedding we entertained some of the guests and all had a spectacular experience. Don't miss out, book midweek when rates are not unreasonable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Skylofts, General Manager at Skylofts at MGM Grand, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Congratuations again on your daughters wedding. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Director of Skylofts at MGM Grand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were in Vegas (my 4th time) for 4 nights. We decided to splurge and get a Saturday night in the Skylofts. Oh.My.God. Even though I was drunk when we first went into the room (just came from Wet Republic) the place blew my mind. We got upgraded to the 2 bedroom skyloft if I'm not mistaken. Eric the butler had escorted us and our bags in and showed us around. There were floor to ceiling windows, a billiards table, piano, and just a crazy amount of room. I got lost (again probably the alcohol) a few times. I have stayed in many different hotels and suites in Vegas but nothing compares to the Skylofts. If you don't mind the price I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Everything was perfect. From the reception at the airport, to being whisked right up to your loft and having everybody waiting for you to arrive, everything was perfect. The concierge who helped us in the morning was such a positive friendly individual. I cannot remember his name, but he used to work for Mystere and even called one of his friends to get us tickets when the box office was closed...what an example of someone who will go well above and beyond what he is asked of. The other staff were truly amazing, especially our butler Christine. Breakfast at the mansion was a spectacular treat as well. My only complaint, which I will state in case someone reads this was the lack of a pool or private pool area. At $2500/night, I think it would be a nice gesture to at least have a skyloft area at the pool. It was quite hectic to head down to the pool and find a place to sit. I think it would be a great addition to add a service like this, or create a private pool area for the skyloft guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Director of Skylofts
Castle Pines Co
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My fiance and I used this facility for our pre- wedding party. We called about a year in advance and were directed to a casino host who was not very easy to get a hold of during this process. We specificly asked for the two bedrooom with plunge pool because we wanted our guest to be able to stand outside and enjoy the veiw of the strip. As most brides do I spent hours, weeks, months reserching where to have the perfect dinner that night. I looked at you tube to get a better idea of what I was renting. I wanted it to be so perfect. We looked ar several hotels that even had better pricing, but the MGM was always my favorite hotel, so we went with them. We were told we could rent that Skyloft for $4,000 for the night. We asked about pre paying the room to reseve it or if we needed a deposit and she told us no, it was no problem, our room would be ready. I assumed it was because we stay at the MGM about 3 times a year and they looked up my fiances name, but it was because they were not reserving that room for us. We ordered food for 20 people from Nicholas who was more than helpful and easy to deal with. Appetizers for 20 ran about $700. We also rented two cabanas at the pool that were $1400 but that money was used as a food and beverage credit at the pool.
The room rates they quoted for our group were about the same price as online, but I was able to get a way better deal on travel zoo. We were told all of our guests would have players cards issued to them and ready when they checked in, and that all of our groups play would be credited to us so that we could use any comps available. We were also told the casino host would meet us upon check in and take some itineraries we printed up for our guest and make sure they recieved them. None of this happened. The man who checked us in at the counter said we would absolutely not be allowed to have guests in the Skylofts then told my fiance right in front of me that his friend owned a bus which would take all the guys out to several strip clubs on a guys party. He was getting ready to invest in this party bus business with his friend so he could guarantee the guys would have the time of their lives. I guess I was just going to entertain the girls and our parents by myself? He lied to us to drum up business for his friend and eventually himself. When we finally reached the casino host later that evening she didn't seem to care, and said that we would be allowed to have guests in the Skyloft.
We spent a good amount of time the first night getting all of our guests players cards on our own. We were supopsed to get a call to tell us which cabanas we were going to be in so we could tell our guests, but never got the call. Found out later they called one of our guests rooms early the next morning and woke them up to tell them. On a good note we got the Cabanas we asked for, Steve our host was awesome (we have him every year at our pool party and love him) and the pool party was amazing.
During the pool party, my fiance and I went to check in to the Skyloft for the party later. We were escorted up to a room that not only had no outdoor deck, but a view of the airport. We told them it was he wrong room, but they could do nothing to help us. I was so bummed. They said we could have the wrong room for $1000. I had to take it because it was too late to rebook anywhere else on two hours notice. The staff felt bad after we showed them our email we had sent a year ago requesting the other room and said they would try to get us all into Mix or the Foundation Room to have a drink so everyone could have the veiw I wanted for them. They did get us into the Foundation Room but once our guests were up there and seated, we were told we had to order 3 bottles to stay. We didn't want to be have to tell our guests we all had to leave and cause a big mess so $1200 later I finally had somewhat of a veiw. A quick drink for everyone turned into a couple hours trying to drink the bottles and our plans of gambling and having fun were cut back by a few hours.
Upon check out some of our guests were given comps for rooms and things. We recieved no comps. When my fiance finally got in touch with the casino host after aririving home (our group flew from Vegas to Mexico where we got married) we were told by the casino host that we got no comps brcause they gave us the (wrong) room for $1,000. She was supposed to call us back about the other guests recieving the comps we were supposed to get since we paid for the whole trip for everyone, and about the rude man who checked us in, about the mix up on the players cards, about the wrong room, and about the Foundation Room, but that was a couple weeks ago and nobody has returned our call. I promised my fiance I would wait to write a review until they has a chance to at least apologize for this mess, but nobody has bothered and I think it is important that people know this happened. This was never about the comps, That was the casino hosts promise that if people gambled enough we would get comped. Unfortunatly we spent too much time trying to fix the mistakes they made to gamble. But I was willing from day one to pay the $4000 for the right room. They should have told us we may not get that exact room so that I could have found another hotel that would give me what I wanted. These rooms are beautiful if you just want to upgade, but do not risk an important party on them. Especially a wedding week that you want to be perfect.

Room Tip: These Skyloft rooms are beautiful if you are just looking for an upgrade, but I don't recomend t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for allowing our team to discuss this unfortunate stay with you over the phone. We hope that you will return to Skylofts so that we may restore your faith in us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Unbelievable! Flight in at 8am. Picked up in rolls Royce ghost, taken directly up to loft! Yes, it was ready! Champagne and fruit waiting thanks to my travel agent. Breakfast delivered and set up every morning. Butler sneaked out and called me to let me know it was ready. $80 per person continental breakfast but worth it. Arranged limo to downtown for a charge but again, worth it! Cabana pool side $600 a day. Don't just think of the room cost. It is a lot more! For just 2 nights left $100 tip to butler, $60 to concierge and $50 to house keeping. Flight left at 5pm and gave me a 3pm check out. Had 3 friends not staying in lofts and arranged comp limo to airport for all of us. Top notch all the way!

• Stayed April 2012
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I cant really begin to describe just how amazing MGM Skylofts are. They're unlike any hotel I've ever experienced before (and Ive stayed in some real nice places), but I'll try anyway.

Firstly, every aspect of your stay is planned to make sure you're never left wanting for anything. From the moment you enter skylofts, you're treated like royalty.
I could mention all the really amazing touches, but most other people have reviewed those, so lets just say you will be blown away.

All of the staff, from the cleaners, to the butlers, to the concierge, are at the top of their game and excellent at what they do. Granted SkyLofts is not cheap, expect to pay around $1200 a night for a 2 bed suite, or an eye-watering $5000 a night for a 2 bed balcony suite.
Dont make the mistake I did and assume that all skylofts have a balcony. There are only 2 of them in the whole hotel with a pool and balcony.

I spent a long time planning what hotel to stay at, and I have to say, the decor at skylofts is amazing. I checked other luxury Vegas hotels but even the Bellagio looked tacky and a bit distasteful to me.

If you stay at SkyLofts, be sure to take advantage of eating at the Mansion (available only to SkyLoft guests and high rollers). This is some of the best food Ive ever tasted in my life, and coupled with some amazing cocktails and attentive staff, it was a really memorable experience. Not to mention you get VIP escorted through the casino on the way to the restaurant, which doesn't hurt the ego ;-)

Room service deserves a mention. There are about 10-12 restaurants in MGM, and you can pick and choose any mix of dishes from any of them, and have them delivered to your room in less than 40 minutes. We had some amazing burgers in our loft at 5am (arrived within 20 minutes), and a delicious lobster benedict at 10am.

Theres a whole heap of other services, such as in-room massages, and complimentary suit pressing. Be nice to the butler and cleaners, they're just normal people but have to act professional. Its customary to tip, I dont know what the going rate is but for a 2 day stay we tipped butler $100, cleaners $50 and concierge $50.
We were also treated to a ride in a Rolls Royce Ghost who kindly dropped us off at the airport, but you can also get chauffeur driven to anywhere within reason if you ask for it.

SkyLofts is a truly amazing place, and its set the bar so high Im not sure I'll ever be impressed by another hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The hotel provided great customer service and were always helping when needed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Skylofts at MGM Grand? Share your experiences!