We went here, my husband and I, in July 2014 for dinner.
The good -
- The ambiance is bar none - it's got a victorian vibe, but's been updated. For example - the waitress uniforms have the victorian corsets - but they are worn on the outside - we loved the ambiance
- The bar mixes unique drinks - we ordered their signature libation called Fleur De Leis (maybe spelled it wrong) - you have to try it! The bar tender comes to your table and mixes this in front of you- it's a hoot!! And it tasted wonderful - so many different tastes in this drink
- The fish tacos come in three - and are light and spicy - a must try
- the grilled cheese sandwich is a finger-food size, and delicious, 4 different cheeses blended together to perfection, served with Golden Onion consume for dipping, it's great
- the Jumbo Spring Asparagus is a must for folks who love this vegetable . It's served in a cast iron mini-griddle and topped with a poached egg, parmesan cheese and truffle oil.
- The chef and the restaurant manager stop by to see if you are doing all right and ask for suggestions
What's not so great
The restaurant is in what's called the Mandalay Place - which is a shopping mall, so it doesn't show up on any of the printed maps of Mandalay bay
- we ordered the salmon under glass - it was OK but didn't think it was as great as the others, it comes with 'smoke' over it which clears after the glass lid is listed. The salmon was to die for, but not as plentiful as I'd expected, but the vegetables around it were great.
Net/Net - This was a once in a lifetime experience and we'd do it again when we're in Vegas next. Highly recommended.
If you own or manage Rx Boiler Room, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.