“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Having stayed at several other hotels on and off the strip, I have to say that staying here was a pleasant experience. We booked two Princess suites, one for my husband and myself and the other room was for our moms for 7 nights. I called in a week before arriving to request a higher floor, strip view and two queen beds in one of the rooms and when we arrived, that is exactly what we were given. What I absolutely loved about this resort was their balconies. Not many Vegas hotels have them, so this was one big reason why I booked here, as well as the price. Nothing like coming back to your room and having a glass of whatever on your balcony, while overlooking the strip or mountain view. Also no resort fee. Can't beat that. Both rooms were spacious and well appointed. Fully stocked kitchen. Huge bathroom with a whirlpool. Didn't like the fact that it was only valet parking, but those guys are so courteous, you couldn't help tipping them. Each valet that we encountered did not hang around 'waiting' for a tip, that is what made the difference for us. I would still rather park my own vehicle, but I do understand why some resorts require valet only, for safety reasons. Both rooms were cleaned daily and all staff members were nothing but kind. The only thing these rooms need is more light. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Request top floor for premium view.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (775)
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

After reading many positive reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided to book a room at Platinum for a relaxing weekend getaway. After making the reservation online, I noticed the check-in time for this hotel is 4pm instead of 3, and I believe not many reviewers mention this. Although the hotel is not on the Strip, it only takes me 10 minutes to walk there from Ballys.

I arrived on a hot Saturday afternoon. Upon check-in, Katie recognized my special requests and accommodated them fully; she even gave me a complimentary late checkout (2pm instead of 11am). That is very nice of her and I cannot thank her enough for the hospitality!

My room facing The Strip is indeed big and comfortable, but keep in mind that sun will hit this side of the hotel in the afternoon. Bose radio and CD player in the living area is a great touch, although the TV scrren size is relatively small (I do not watch much TV in Vegas anyway). The large kitchen area has everything you can think of (plates, forks, spoons, cups, bowls, coffee machine, toaster...) so it is very convenient for a family to prepare meals. Granite countertop is also a nice touch. My room even have a dishwasher! On a side note, I especially enjoy the convenience of getting ice from the fridge in my room :)

The restroom is specious as well even though the toilet is in a kind of awkward place (between the whirlpool tub and shower, no partition whatsoever). I could not find the cotton ball, cotton swab and hair dryer in my restroom, and I did not use the tub because I could not make the drain stopper to work.

I am not sure if this hotel has turndown service. When I came back to my room around midnight, I noticed the bed was not made and I could not locate the slippers.

The lobby (did I mention this is a non-gaming, non-smoking hotel? Perfect for family!) has a quite cozy bar (STIR) and a small shop for the necessities. I ended up having my Sunday brunch at Giada (again, only 10 minute walk from the hotel) and I will review that on a separate post. The check-out process is also a breeze. The staff are very friendly and professional.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel my next visit to Las Vegas. Two thumbs up and thank you for having me!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

What a nice quite and not too crowded
If you are looking for place to stay and easy to get in and get out here is a place to go
We loved the beds but make sure bring your own water and ice its smell and I think their water filter is old and their friendly services

Stayed May 2015
Surfers Paradise, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Bad start and finish to the visit, grumpy valet and reception bar staff on first day. After that the staff were rock stars. However when leaving I was charged for room service that I never received and was told they would investigate left a bitter taste.

Shame because good value price and location

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When I booked at The Platinum, I was a little sad that it wasn't on the strip, but that was the ONLY downside to this hotel (it's not even that far from the strip, just behind Bally's and the Flamingo). Absolutely EVERYTHING about the room was fantastic, and everyone I came into contact with was eager to serve, and serve they did. The front desk staff was amazing, and my waiter at the restaurant was friendly. There was one employee who really made the trip stand out, and his name was Julian. Julian was able to drive me to Fremont Street one evening at a great rate, and we had a GREAT conversation on the way...I don't think I've ever had service quite like that. Long story short: if you want one of the best experiences in Las Vegas, look no further than The Platinum.

Room Tip: You can't NOT pick a good room. I had a strip view, which was jaw-dropping, and considering ever...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We are very happy to hear that your visit went well. Thank you for the great review. We cannot always use the house car to get guests around town, but I'm glad that it was available and Julian took care of you. We hope to see you again.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was my first stay at this hotel, and I was favorably impressed. My suite was spacious, clean, quiet, and tastefully decorated, with a full kitchen and living area adjacent to the bedroom. It had not one, but two large screen TVs. Unlike a lot of Vegas hotels, there was no "resort fee" to bump up the effective room rate. There was an excellent fitness center for my morning workouts. The property is a few short blocks east of the Strip, and I expected to walk there to do some gambling, as this hotel has no casino of its own. But, I didn't have to -- one of Vegas' better small casinos (the Ellis Island) is right next door.

The only negative is that there is but one restaurant on the property, and it has a somewhat limited menu, and is not inexpensive, e.g. $4.00 for a cup of coffee at breakfast. However, better, cheaper eats can be found on the Strip, or right next door at the Ellis Island.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and coming back to stay with us in the future is always the best compliment! All the best to you and yours.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just stayed 4 nights at the Platinum Hotel with a group of friends for a girls weekend in Vegas. The hotel is conveniently located a 10-15 minute walk from the strip...but let's be honest we cabbed everywhere anyway!

If you are looking for a spacious suite at a good price I would recommend checking out the Platinum Hotel. Speedy check in, no long waits for taxis and very friendly staff. The concierge was also helpful recommending a few restaurants for us to try and arranging guest list for one of the night clubs we wanted to go. Just note, there is no concierge on duty on the weekends (which was a bit strange) and front desk staff were unable to make recommendations, arrange tix for shows etc.

The hotel bar/restaurant also has a pretty awesome happy hour daily. Overall, I would stay here again - especially because they don't charge insane extra person charges above 2 ppl per room.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad you will be returning to stay with us. I will ask our Front Office Manager to look into the concierge concerns you encountered. If our concierge is not available our front office staff should be able to assist. I apologize this did not happen.

Been to Platinum Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!