“Birthday get away stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Price
Three Night Discount
Ranked #13 of 270 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Birthday get away stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We experience a little problem with an overcharge on our card. But Joseph, the desk Manager took action right away and rectified the situation. I would like to thank Joseph for his prompt response. I would definitely recommend and stay at the Platinum in the future. Rooms are very nice and clean. Happy campers,
Jonnell and Morris

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Happy belated birthday. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall. I do apologize for the credit card concerns but am happy to hear Joe rectified everything immediately. I will personally thank him for taking good care of you. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was my 17th trip to Las Vegas and the best hotel experience I've had! The Platinum Hotel is clean with HUGE, well-appointed rooms. There is a jacuzzi in each room and the balcony was great. Staff was friendly and accommodating. When we had trouble with the ice maker in the King Suite they upgraded us to a Princess Suite. The kitchens are excellent for quick meal. We had a rental car which made getting groceries and getting around a snap (and probably cost less than multiple taxis). We enjoyed being away from all the noise and commotion of the mega-resorts on the strip but close enough to get everywhere easily. Check in took less than 5 minutes. Compare this to the 1 HOUR wait for check in we had the last time we stayed at the MGM Grand!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for the amazing review. Wow quite the compliment especially considering 17 trips to Vegas. We do try to keep the check-in and checkout process quick and smooth. Thank you for the comments and we look forward to your next visit. We will be certain to thank the staff. All the best.
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel is slightly off the strip, but with excellent views from the balcony of the strip, the room size is huge with a full functioning kitchen, lounge, large bathroom with shower, bath jacuzzi and separate bedroom with 2 doodle beds. The staff were excellent, friendly, nothing is too much trouble. We went to Vegas to celebrate my birthday. When we arrived we had bottle of champagne and strawberries covered in chocolate, this was a lovely surprise. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Happy belated birthday! I'm very happy to hear that the team was able to get you a nice treat for your special day. Thank you for the kind words and great review. We hope to see you back again soon. All the best!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Came here for the first time with my family ... And am glad I did ! This place is strictly a hotel !!! No casino!!! And that's why I came here !

They have a gym and pool ... Which are a little small , but oh well ... They need to get more umbrellas for the pool area . And the pool bar needs to get their act together , but I guess with all the places around ... They're not good at being a fast serve food place !

My only other issue with the hotel was that there seemed to be a drainage problem with the sink that I think they were working on ...

I still love the place just want to be honest with everything ...

Housekeeping was good only had one day out of 6 that they were holding me up from going inside my room ... But other than that this place is a JEM !

You don't even need laundry soap ... Just call the front desk !!!

Bell boys are great really great job overall !

Would go back again no problem!

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for the feedback and nice score for our rating. We do take reviews like yours seriously and will look to address the items you highlighted. Thank you. We are firm believers that we can only get better and learn from our guests concerns and our mistakes. We are very glad to hear you would return. Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend to attend a family reunion. I love the location because its not too far from the main strip. My room was very spacious and clean. Free valet parking was offered. The staff was very accommodating and courteous throughout my entire stay. I really appreciated my valet friend who I call "Mr. Huntsville". The front office manager was very helpful, especially during checkout. He adjusted my total bill to honor my military discount inquiry. I only have 2 issues that I really didnt care for: The policy to put a $100 per night on top of the reservation charge is a little much, but they will work with you.
The washer in my room didnt work and the electrician wasnt able to fix it at the time. However, the manager emphatically apologized for my inconvenience and offered to take care of me the next time I visit(which will be in the near future).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. We will thank the valet and front office team for doing a great job for you. Thank you for the review and we look forward to your next visit.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had an excellent experience at the Platinum. The check-in staff were friendly and efficient. Our room wasn't ready, so we were provided with complimentary drinks in the lounge. Rooms are clean and very spacious with a lovely balcony. We had a view of the strip, which was quite the backdrop at night. Would definitely recommend taking advantage of this option.

As we were celebrating my sister's 30th birthday, Mahesh, the manager, went above and beyond to make our trip a special experience. We were greeted in our rooms with wine, cheese, and fruit, and had a special delivery of champagne and cake on her actual birthday Gita, the concierge, did a great job of helping me arrange a variety of services, from ice cream cake delivery to getting us tickets to the newest and most exclusive pool on the strip.

The location is just a 10 minute walk to the strip, right at the intersection of the Bellagio, Cesar's Palace, Paris, and the Cromwell. We actually really appreciated being a short walk away from all the chaos, especially on the weekend when even the sidewalks are congested.

Overall and excellent experience. We will definitely be staying here on our next visit to Las Vegas!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the awesome review. We are happy we met your needs and glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope we see you again soon.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The picture looks much nicer than the actual, but for the price that we paid with travelzoo offer, it is not disappointing. Ten-ish minutes walking to intersection of strip and Flamingo, in no way we felt unsafe. Nice firm bed and spacious (we don't use the kitchen, but nice to have it if traveling with younger kids). Relatively clean, the only complain is rough face and bathroom tissue, always a sign of cheap(er) hotel. Given the price, it is a toss up staying here (for its space) or Flamingo (for distance to the strip).

Room Tip: Facing the (back of the) strip for extra 10 is worth it.