“Great room. Good wedding.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   211 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #13 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Great room. Good wedding.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I were married at the Misora Room at the Platinum on the 22nd. The hotel room was very nice. It is a suite with a huge tub. By huge I mean 6 people could easily sit in it. Unfortunately I didn't get to use it this stay because I ran out of time. The next time we stay at the Platinum I'm for sure taking a bath in that bad boy.

Anyway, the wedding planning is the reason that this review is a 4 star and not a 5 star. It was very confusing in parts. I met with and emailed my planner many times throughout the planning process. I felt sometimes that my planner was a little inpatient with me. We scheduled and confirmed the rehearsal multiple times, and when we arrived for the rehearsal, the front desk knew nothing about it, and we couldn't really rehearse in the place we were getting married because they were setting up for another wedding. Most of my bridal party was very confused both at the rehearsal and the actual wedding about where they were supposed to line up, and they got a little bit of attitude when they asked questions. Other than this issue, we weren't notified of last call before they started charging for the last hour of drinks which upset my parents and some of my guests. I think it would be good to make an announcement when the bar is about to switch to cash bar only.

Other than that, my wedding was great. It was an amazing deal that they custom made for me and my 45 guests. It included food, dj, photography, and the minister, plus an open bar for 2 hours. The package included the ceremony and a 3 hour reception. I feel it was a great deal for the money. The food was very good. The room was decorated nicely. The dj was excellent, the photographer was excellent and I loved the minister. My only suggestion if you go with a wedding package here is to have a longer reception. I thought 3 hours would be the perfect amount of time but I did not factor the photography in. If you love to dance, give yourself at least a 4 hour ceremony so you don't miss out on dancing.

After the ceremony, the Platinum staff packed everything up for me and delivered it to my room. When I got back to my room, they had placed flower petals on our bed, made swans from towels, left champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for us. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the review and feedback. We will certainly look into the concerns you encountered and address with our team. We are glad to hear that overall you did enjoy your stay. Thank you for selecting us to be the place to say for such an important day. All the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great!!! Great!! Great!! Is the word to describe the Platinum Hotel and Spa. We stayed there for seven days to celebrate our 20-yr anniversary and loved it. The concierge was awesome, I requested a bottle of champagne and a bouquet of roses in our room upon arrival, and it was there with chocolate covered strawberry. Great location, walking distant from the strip. Our suites were very clean. The full kitchen was really beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The valet service was really good, never had to wait long for our car. We had our luggage shipped in advance, the shipping and receiving department made sure our things were taken care of before we arrived and assisted in shipping our things back home. They followed up with a phone call to make sure all items had returned securely. I give the entire staff an A++
We will be definitely staying here again.

Room Tip: The "Strip-View" is definitely worth it
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Wow! Those are some really great pictures. Thank you for the review and we are very happy we met your expectations. Take care and we hope to see you again soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed four nights at the Platinum Hotel and Spa and it exceeded our expectations. The restaurant and bar were both friendly and inviting places. Great happy hour. I had spa services that may have been the best I have ever experienced. The staff were eager to answer questions and help flag cabs and displayed high degrees of customer service. The location is great, just a short walk to catch the tram to all of the Vegas attractions.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the compliments. We are happy to have had you as our guest. I do think our Happy Hour is still one of the best in Vegas and provides an excellent value. Take care and we hope to see you soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I chose The Platinum Hotel because of it's location just off The Strip but close enough to The Strip. I had a Strip view room on a high floor with very good views. The balcony was a nice place to relax and stare. The suite was very spacious and clean and I loved using the jacuzzi bath tub. I will definitely be staying here again when next I visit Vegas and the rates are very good value for what you get.

Room Tip: Choose a strip view room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review. We are glad your stay went well. We hope to see you next time you are in Vegas. All the best!
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Platinum Hotel and Spa was a great place for the wife and I to celebrate out anniversary. Located just off the strip and being a 100% smoke free facility were definite advantages. In addition the rooms had full kitchens and a washer/dryer in out suite. The staff was amazing and made this a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the awesome review. We are glad we were able to be part of your special day. We will thank the team for a job well done.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Located on a pedestrian or walking street along flamingo with short walk to strip. The hotel is an very clean and in my opinion is a 5-star hotel. I requested a room late and was accommodated. Thank you Steven! The valet personnel were very professional. Room was clean and had a great view!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. We will thank the team for a job well done.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We love staying here! The staff are friendly and always willing to help, the rooms are always clean and the amenities are icing on the cake. We stayed here for a long weekend as a 10-yr anniversary celebration, I requested a bottle of champagne in our room upon arrival, and it was there with chocolate covered strawberries too! This is a great place to stay because you can walk to almost anything on the strip, but also enjoy the low-key atmosphere at the hotel. No smoky casinos to walk through either!

The only issue we had during our stay was a when a dietary request was not fully communicated from server to kitchen staff, leading to a vegetarian having a close call with some breakfast meat. But I still give them 5 stars because the server was so apologetic and sincerely felt terrible.

We've stayed here 3 times during the New Years holiday, and chose to go there for our anniversary. We also booked our stay for this New Years while we were there!

Room Tip: The "Strip-View" is definitely worth it, great views of the ferris wheel too
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the feedback and will certainly look into your server concern further. We will look to correct so that you don't encounter the same thing on future visits.

Been to Platinum Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!