“Best Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our company has been to Vegas many times over the past 25 years and have stayed at a lot of hotels while there. There is no other hotel I want to stay at than the Platinum Hotel. It is just off the strip away from the hustle and bustle. It does not have a casino or slot machines that you have to walk through to get to your room. It is peaceful and quite after long days on the convention center floors. The rooms are of current times and have the latest amenities. The suites are excellent and the Princess two bedroom suites are dazzling. The ladies at the check in counter are fabulous. The valets at the front door are excellent as well. If you are looking for a fantastic place to stay in Vegas, there is only the Platinum Hotel!

Room Tip: Upper Rooms on East side above floor 10 have beautiful views of the city as far as you can see.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy you enjoyed it and hope to keep your business on future trips. All the best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
Herts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Excellent stay for 4 nights at start of family holiday. The suites are huge and so well equipped with full kitchen, w/machine, tumble dryer, great bathrooms. They are so spacious and quiet, clean etc. After a day sightseeing on the strip it was a haven to come back to - no casinos, no long walk to the room, cosy bar, lovely pool and restaurant. 10 minute walk to the Bellagio and close to the monorail at Ballys. Very reasonable prices, great breakfasts and would absolutely stay here on a future trip - recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. We definitely are making ourselves a little niche for that get away spot from all the hustle and bustle on the strip. A nice place to go back to and relax after sensory overloads on the strip. Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed it.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Where do I start !? Having been a Vegas local, I have stayed at pretty much every major hotel on the strip before. I was in town last week for a holiday and was about to book the usual strip "shoebox" as I call them when I found the Platinum Hotel here on TripAdvisor with some great reviews. I remember the property as I used to drive past every day to/from work, so thought I would give it a try. What a fantastic decision that was !

First off, the valet is carefree and very easy to use. I can't express how tired I am of having to either walk for 15 minutes through an endless casino and parking garage to get to my car, or wait 10 minutes for my car to be retrieved in valet. At the Platinum, we were driving off within a few minutes of handing out valet tickets to the very friendly staff.

On entering the lobby, it is so refreshing to see smiling staff and NO LINE ! Again, I was just so tired of arriving at a Vegas strip hotel, to have to wait in line for 15 minutes to check in. At the Platinum, Valerie at the front desk was more than helpful checking us in promptly and making sure we were happy with the room. We booked a Solitaire Strip View room which ended up being on the 15th floor.

On entering the room, it is immediately evident how much extra you are getting compared to a normal strip "shoebox". We walked in to a massive kitchen and living area, which then opens out onto a nicely sized balcony with a beautiful view. The kitchen is fully appointed, and although we didn't use many of the features, it was good to know they were there if we needed them. The Bose iPod was outstanding, and extremely loud.

Our bedroom with 2 queens was almost as big as most whole rooms are on the strip. The beds are very comfortable. The room has a door leading into the bathroom (there is also a door from the kitchen into the bathroom) and on entering you are greeted by double wash basins, and beautiful shower and huge jacuzzi tub. Everything was neat and extremely clean.

I used the gym/fitness center a few times and it is nicely appointed. Free weights, a few benches and a cable machine, together with treadmills and bikes is just enough for a few quick sessions during your stay. We didn't have time to use the pool during our stay, but could see it from our balcony and it looked great.

The bar downstairs is fantastic, and happy hour drinks and food are a great way to start the night off. Bar staff are very courteous and helpful and pricing is reasonable on all items.

Overall, I can't recommend this hotel enough. Everything from valet, to check in, to the main feature being the fantastic rooms, are just perfect. I have already recommended this hotel to a few groups of friends travelling to Vegas in the coming months, and will myself be staying here again when I'm back in a few months.

As the title states, this is Vegas' best kept secret, and I sure can't wait for next stay at the Platinum !

Room Tip: It's always good to get a strip facing room for the views, but even the rooms facing away from t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
I sincerely appreciate the wonderful review. It is true our name is not out to everyone yet. We hope if we continue to do what we do, eventually more and more will learn about us. It starts with excellent service and being able to add a little more personal touch than pulling a ticket at a big box strip casino hotel. We will certainly thank Val for her efforts and share with the entire team for a job well done. We hope to see you again soon and sincerely appreciate your referrals.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hotel based on other reviews. Stayed in suite room had awesome strip view balcony. Bed was very comfortable had big whirlpool tub with full kitchen, washer, and dryer. Service in bar was five stars bartender (Hannah) makes drinks even if not on menu. Very courteous there was no waitress in bar yet Hannah approached customers away from bar and got orders while maintaining full bar of patrons and was super friendly. When I arrived at the bar the kitchen already closed. Hannah knowing I was hungry brought over a bowl of pretzel mix which was awesome. Did I say she made drinks not on the menu as well. Only complaints are small ones for hotel. The TVs in rooms need to be bigger. If they would get above 45 inch in rooms i would stay everytime. Also no taxi stand the valet has to flag taxi for you. Walk is about 1/2 mile from strip.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you very much for the comments about Hannah. I have already sent over to her direct supervisors a copy of this review and asked them to share. Feel free to call the hotel at any time and ask for me, Derek. I would love to try and address any concerns you may have had at the hotel. It doesn't matter how small. We always want to do better and improve.
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Went to Vegas for our anniversary and were treated royally by Denisse and other staff. Loved the easy walk back from the strip each evening to our quiet, smokeless home away from home. We even skipped eating on the strip one evening and enjoyed good prices, bruschetta and wings in the bar. Josie was a great waitperson. Had two good breakfasts as well. I don't normally eat the potatoes that come with breakfast but their were amazing. Definitely staying there again.

Room Tip: Better view of the strip from the 7th floor on up.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow that is quite the compliment! We really appreciate your review. We have already shared with Josie's and Denise's managers to ensure they are recognized for a job well done. Looking forward to seeing on your return trip! All the best!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We really enjoyed our recent stay at the Platinum Hotel. Located about a 10 minute walk from the main strip we were close enough to the Bellagio fountain display to catch it several times and the hotel is really close to the monorail and the new giant wheel, the high roller - which is awesome! We were on the 5th floor and I had paid extra for a city view, which you don't really seem to get on the lower floor. I did find this room a little noisy at night, just with various sirens going off and think we would have preferred a desert view room instead. However, the room was enormous and great value and the breakfast in the restaurant on the 5th floor was great. Good options and very friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the nice honest feedback. We are glad you chose to stay with us and happy to hear the staff treated you well. We hope to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here during March Madness and Baker to Vegas and I can say it was a very pleasant experience. Very clean smelling, great employees, very home like feeling. I recently went back again and stayed at the same hotel. This time I had asked to please add in a little surprise for my partner and they went over board and I loved it. I would tell everyone and anyone to try this hotel out. Mind you the price is good for a Suite.

Room Tip: like the corner was more quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thanks for the great review. I am happy that not one both two stays met or exceeded your expectations. We will certainly share with the staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Platinum Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!