“Fabulous Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #13 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Fabulous Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is a fabulous Hotel just off the Strip. It is in the best location, just 2 blocks from the new LinQ
ferris wheel and within walking distance of the monorail and the Strip. The accomdations are beautiful. It is great to have the full kitchen, full bath with jacuzzi along with the seperate the bedroom. Privacy can be had by all. Plenty of closet space is another plus along with washer/dryer if you need. The staff is excellent, very curtious, friendly and very accomodating.
The doormen are exceptionally friendly and always there when needed. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job.

You can enjoy the fast paced Las Vegas life on the Strip and then come back to the quiet enjoyment of The Platinum Hotel to relax and gather more energy to get back out and party.

My husband and I will always return to The Platinum Hotel when we are in Las Vegas. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Vegas.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
We are very excited with the developments in our neck of the woods. The Linq is a really nice addition to the Las Vegas scene, and we are happy to be so close. Thank you for the great reviews. We will recognize the team for a job well done.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

What truly distinguishes the property from many others was the combination of enormous room size (>900 sf!), the kitchenette with a full size fridge (!), a cavernous bath, washer/dryer (!), a balcony, the indoor/outdoor pool, and the lack of casino, and no resort fee. Felt like a nice apartment.

It was nice to pull up directly to the hotel without waiting in line for valet, or worse yet, circle higher and higher in a parking garage.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We are a good spot for families. We can offer things that the big casinos can't in truly personalized service and cutting out a lot of the wait time for valet, check-in, elevators, etc...Thanks for the review and we hope to see you again.
Highland Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, rooms are big, comfortable and clean. Whether it's for business or a getaway, the Platinum is the best non-casino hotel in Vegas. Jimmy the head valet, is terrific, the whole staff goes out of their way to help you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice review. I have to agree, Jimmy is really special out front. He is always going above and beyond and is why the team have nicknamed him "The Greatness", although he is way to modest and humble to fully accept the new title. We hope to see you again soon.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

What a find this place is! All suite hotel, ten minute walk from the strip, and five minute walk to the monorail. Giant jacuzzi bath, plus shower. Kitchen with all appliances. Finally, something to do with the "doggie bag" leftovers in Vegas. The bar's happy hour is made even happier with the lovely and friendly ladies behind the bar. This is our new Vegas place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a west-facing room to see more of the Vegas Strip night lights.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review. We will certainly share and recognize the STIR ladies for doing a great job. All the best!
Pender Island, British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

There is a serious problem with hotel housekeeping. We stayed for over a week and as we are tidy people and did not require housekeeping everyday. After our third night we needed fresh towels and our surfaces cleaned so we removed our privacy sign from the door. Our beds were made and towels replaced but none of the surfaces were cleaned; sinks and floors included.
Because our room was not cleaned properly the day before we needed housekeeping again, while we were out no one came to our room to refresh it. At 4pm we had to request it from the front desk. When we arrived back that night we had to remake our beds because the sheets did not cover the bed fully, the comforter was hanging half way out of the sheets, the bed skirt was tucked in so we saw the ugly bedspring. On the second bed they gave me a waffle blanket fit for a dog and it was crooked which didn’t cover my feet. Also, we noticed that none of the surfaces were cleaned yet again and a vacuum was not used. Since it was late we decided to call the manager the next morning but first had to request fresh towels as our dirties were still in the bath tub. The next morning we asked a manager to come to our room to inspect it. He agreed the room was a filthy mess and noticed that even the hallway was dirty with crumbs, food bits and paper. He assured us our room would be cleaned when we arrived back that day. IT WAS NOT! Obviously management is not respected by its cleaning staff. Sinks in bathroom not clean, floors still filthy (see photos) bedroom furniture not wiped down and the beds were made as bad as the day before. We requested the manager to visit our room immediately. A second manager came with the housekeeping supervisor and noticed again the room was FILTHY!!!!!!!!! She guaranteed that our room would be done right this time, which I might add was our third to last night.
When we arrived that night the room was cleaned (save the stove) but in general the room is a hot mess.
Cleaning Schedule Needed;
Walls, doors, knobs, outlets, carpets, tile floor, bedskirts, cupboards.
Lighting is terrible, you need a flashlight to use the kitchen at night and the bathroom has terrible lighting near the mirrors. We arrived with all the clocks giving different times, phone buttons did not work. The water temperature in the shower had to be constantly changed, it went from warm to cold to scalding. Most of the time we got out of our shower cold.
Our experience with the management was great, they were understanding and compassionate. They did compliment us one night and gave us a bottle of bubbly which we were grateful but would’ve preferred a clean room.
I think the problem is that housekeeping does not respect management or the reputation of the hotel. We loved the location, having a kitchen, free wifi and no resort fees.
Will not return and so far have not recommended to friends

Room Tip: Bring a bottle of Mr. Clean
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
I'm very sorry for the concerns you encountered and very disappointed with the team for allowing you to be placed in a room that was in that condition. I assure you this is not the norm, and you can see on tripadvisor all the great experiences guests have had. I will send you a tripadvisor message to try to get more details on your specific room. We will take all your feedback and address it immediately. My sincerest apologies.
Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Living in CA, we take frequent trips to Las Vegas. Most of the "less expensive" hotels that are actually on the strip are starting to show their age and have become more and more "used and abused". My last trip I decided to try something new and stay just off the strip but close enough that I'm not taking a taxi just to get there. The Platinum hotel was PERFECT! Huge rooms, clean, prefect location and very very reasonable rates for what you get. Nice sized patio, full kitchen, and washer and dryer! I didn't need the washer/dryer the last trip but it was cool knowing we had one!

The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful allowing us to check in early (they were willing to hold our bags and call us when our room was ready if we couldn't check in early).

Only a 2 minute walk to Bally's and there you go, you're on the strip! There isn't a casino at the hotel but around the corner, a 20 second walk from the hotel, there is a quaint little casino/brewery/restaurant Ellis Island, in case you were looking for a quick any time of the day gamble or late night snack like we were (really good food).

There is no self parking but Valet is free, aside from a "common courtesy" tip to your runner.

I am returning next month and already booked my room here!

• Stayed April 2014
Thanks for the awesome review. We will share with the team and thank them for doing a great job. We are happy you can call us your place to stay in Las Vegas. Can't wait to see you next month!!! All the best.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I traveled to Vegas with my parents, husband and 2yr old daughter while being 6 months pregnant! Full disclosure I have worked in a variety of hotels on every level so I tend to be extremely critical of properties.
We booked a Princess Suite with King Strip view and Solitare Suite with strip view two queens. Our Solitare got upgraded to Princess King with Strip view while that was nice I believe you should never change the bed option without consulting guest first which wasn't done. My parents dealt with the King no problem as they did enjoy the seperate living space. We had rooms 1116& 1117.
As I said prior i traveled with my two yr old and had called to ensure that they had a real crib not a pack n play on property. When the crib arrived it was a pack n play??? My daughter is to big for them so ended up in our bed most nights except when Vegas kicked her butt and we were able to get her in there for naps. When inquiring about the crib prior to arriving I also asked about DVD players (again 2yr old) and the reservationst informed me they are first come first serve. No problem kept my fingers crossed one would be available. When checking in I was informed they charge $25/day rental fee for DVD players??? Needless to say I dealt with the cartoon network for 7 days. My theroy on these pishaps is that when you talk to reservations it is not someone on property but rather a call center that handles multiple properties. This still should not happen as the amentities should be clear for each property. We also asked for full kitchen supplies pots and pans etc..they were delivered dirty and we needed to was them not that big of a deal but annoying.
Whenever I got to a property that has a jetted tub I do what I like to call a housekeeping test. You take a cup or so of bleach in this case the tub was huge so I used 3 cups fill the tub with water and run the jets for five minutes and see what comes out?!?!? Our housekeeper passed with flying colors not black goooo floating in the water. I have stayed places that cost 5times the Platinum rates that fail horribly. The floors on the other hand were pretty nasty carpets need a deep clean and the tile needs a different product used as to what was used left a sticky film.
The view was pretty awesome of the strip and the pool. We lucked out and two of the nights there was a wedding on the pool terrace. Now this did cut into hanging by the pool but was nice since I had a little one we got some good music to listen to while she was in bed early most every night.
The location of the hotel suited us quite well that the monorail station is in the back of Bally's and we got unlimited passes for the vacation. They are also only two blocks from The new Linq which is really awesome promonade at the base of the new ferris wheel. My husband and I went to a concert at the Brooklyn Bowl and had a wonderful experience. The walk did not bother me at all some reviews said it was scarey/dangerous/dirty. I have lived/worked in LA/New York/ South Flordia and didn't feel the least bit threatened by it but I guess I have been exposed to worse situations before.
My mother and I took up a day at the spa and I loved it. I had a prenatal massage/facial and pedicure. The nail room needs some upgradeing as the lighting was not good and they need maybe a TV or different music. Dan the nail guy was really fun and Ellen the massage therapist was great, but the star was the facial I think the girls name was Madena. I have had about a dozen or so and her facial was hands down the best. They should put the spa robes in the rooms as the room robes were extremely abrasive to the skin.
The valet guys were aesome! I love valet only properties and these guys were great. Everytime you were leaving they offered directions/suggestions. Jimmy was super nice and there were two guys from LA I forget there names that had nice conversation and took minutes if not seconds to get you your car. I tend to tip big on valet so maybe I got special treatment?-)
Room service was so-so varied the two mornings in quality but we cooked most of the time so no big deal. The restaurant off the lobby was good Josie was our waitress but not recomended for kids as they make you sit in the dark lounge area because they don't want you close to the bar.

Even with these few flaws the stay was great and the flaws are easily fixed threw training and attention to detail. We will be back to the Platinum as we truely liked the serenity of no smoking no gaming atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest and detailed feedback. We do go through all reviews and will look at some opportunites that you bring up to see if we cannot make some changes for the better. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Platinum Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!