“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Pari
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

September 2009.

3 nights in a great hotel, we loved it.
Only bad point is the hotel location, quite far from the famous avenue. And also valet parking is mandatory.
For the rest it was such a pleasant stay, with great room

Room Tip: We booked a high floor room, we could see the strip even if the hotel is quite far from the famous a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We do have several reasons for valet only, with the biggest being there is not easy access to the hotel from the garage for guests that haven't checked-in yet. There are a number of other reasons as well, but I don't want to sit and give you excuses. I'm glad you enjoyed everything. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed five days in this hotel and we have to say: the room is big and comfortable, with a full fridge, microwave, dish washer. The carpet and the linen were not worn out, but could be renovated. Service was great, with polite and courteous employees. The downside is the distance to the strip, but if you have your car, you can just park in some of the casinos.

Room Tip: We had a strip view room, on the sixteenth floor, which was really quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We really appreciate the review. It appears you really enjoyed your visit. Although you can get reasonable prices at a good value for a short visit, you really do have the opportunity to take full advantage of our amenities when you stay longer. Although some say the walk is a bit far, we also hear about the benefit of being away from it all and getting that nice quiet place to retreat to. Thank you so much. We hope to see you soon.
Lake Shore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

As this was our first trip to Vegas, I spent a great deal of time researching hotels. I knew I wanted a balcony, and the stellar reviews and smoke free environment sealed the deal. Check in was a breeze and we were extremely pleased with our room assignment (thanks Valarie). Our five night stay couldn't have been more pleasant. As previously mentioned, the suites are huge and it was nice to be able to take leftovers "home" to the full kitchen to reheat. Also wonderful not to leave Las Vegas with a suitcase full of dirty laundry thanks to the washer/dryer available in the Princess Suites. Every staff member we came in contact with was kind and professional - the valets (please remember to tip these hardworking folks), housekeeping, the staff at Kil@wat (room service and in restaurant breakfast both delicious) and the gracious gentlemen who held open the doors. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
This is why I and several of our managers are in the business. We love to hear about that perfect stay where everything goes as planned and our guest leaves with his or her expectations exceeded. I can't thank you enough for the glowing review. We wil be certain to recognize all the team and thank them for a job well done.
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

There is no doubt these apartments are great bang for your bucks. For the price of a normal hotel room you get a 1000+ sq apartment with full size kitchen, separate bedroom and a large bathroom equipped with both shower and 2-person Jacuzzi tub. You even get your own washer and dryer. That makes it a great place to travel with family. I also like the fact that it is a non gaming hotel and located slightly off the hustle and bustle of the strip.

I have had great experience with Expedia VIP hotels and was quite disappointed to find out Platinum offered so little in comparison. 2 drink tickets were all they had given us (and sadly they couldn't even locate them on my first night of arrival). That was hardly a VIP treatment consider how readily free drinks are available in Vegas.

House keeping was mediocre. Don't expect your kitchen to be cleaned thoroughly and tub to be scrubbed during your stay. The quality of the tissue and toilet paper was downright horrible. It was so rough I felt like rubbing sandpaper on my skin.

On my last day of stay I was sick and ordered room service for a late night snack. I waited for an hour, finally called up the front desk only to find out my order was mysteriously dropped through the crack of their system. They did try to make things better by offering us credit for breakfast the next morning. Still. I wasn't thrilled.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for the honest feedback. I do want to immediately apologize for the lack of service. I assure you we are capable of providing much better. Regarding the tissue paper, we have gone away from the poor quality you had in your room to a much more comfortable and higher end brand. I do also want you to know that we have addressed your concerns with our Executive Housekeeper regarding the cleanliness as well as our In-Room Dinning Team for failing to take your order correctly the first time. We do appreciate all of our guests especially those through Expedia's VIP access. I apologize that you did not find the upgrade and 2 drinks as a substantial amenity. We will look at other ways of showing our appreciation to our Expedia VIPs moving forward. With all of that said, we do feel we learn from each guest that stays with us and we sincerely appreciate the feedback as it only helps us to grow. I hope we gain the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future. Please contact me prior to your arrival should you choose to do so. Simply ask for Derek Morrison by calling the hotel directly. I will personally get involved and ensure the best possible experience for you. Again our apologies. All the best.
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

excellent location, amazing room which was in fact appartment with living room, kitchen, washing machine, bathroom with bubble bath and shower, good breakfast (not included), and complimentary Wi-Fi.
price very acceptable

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to review us. Please come back and see us soon!
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We loved our stay at the platinum hotel. It was spacious and very clean. The customer service was excellent. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful. I have nothing but great things to say about this property. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate the feedback. We will share your review with our team and thank them for their hard work. We hope we see you back here soon. Thank you for the referrals, they are appreciated!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I recently took our young children on a roadtrip across the western United States in order to attend my best friend's wedding in Denver. Our longest stay, apart from in Denver, was in Las Vegas.
My wife, never having been to North America before, wanted to stay somewhere high-end in Las Vegas (and renew our vows), but ideally in a casino-free resort. Searches on TripAdvisor, Expedia, etc, turned up the Platinum as a strong option.
We could scarcely have been more happy with our stay. The staff were courteous and accommodating, but unobtrusive. The room was fantastic: loads of space, fully-equipped kitchen, luxurious bathroom, large two-queen-bed bedroom, and a separate living area. And it was a short walk down Flamingo Rd to the Strip, which was visible from our suite. The price was moderately high for Las Vegas (presumably because it's not bankrolled by a casino), but objectively cheap by the standards of anywhere else in the United States, for accommodations of that quality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. I am glad we worked well for your travel needs. Please spread the word to the folks back in Austrialia. I feel we fit a good niche for those looking to stay more than a couple of days yet still want to get away and relax from the strip when they choose. All the best!

Been to Platinum Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!