“Platinum pure gold!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Toronto, Canada
“Platinum pure gold!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

great stay ...Thanks to Nicole at the front desk as well as Elena?? great staff and a great room...a few cons..wish they had self park but the valet guys are very good and the area around the hotel still is a little sketchy.
Stayed Oct 4-6 and got a great rate through a travelzoo promo.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I love the title of the review. Thank you for staying with us. Seeing as you got your rate through travelzoo, I'm sure it was a stellar deal. We will be certain to thank Nicole, Elena, and the valet crew. Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
Sharon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is our fourth, 7 night stay at the Platinum and it continues to be a home away from home for us. Great staff, great location, and always a great place to relax after long days on business. We will continue to stay here anytime we are in Las Vegas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review and your loyalty to the hotel. It is great to hear that we continue to provide you with a place that fits your needs. Please ask for me Derek Morrison, on your next visit. I'd love to come out and introduce myself as I enjoy meeting all of our regulars. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The entire staff was accommodating and thoughtful, excellent check-in and reception! I'm thankful for the extra touches for my birthday and the fruit infused cold water in the lobby. It was a dream to use the washer and dryer in the room to allow us to pack lightly. Very clean property and close enough to the strip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit soon!
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We checked in for an 11 night stay on our third visit, paid for the room, had already requested a top floor princess suite- which we got . We had to have a credit card for $200 "in case we trashed the room". Well we had no worries someone had beaten us to it. The carpets were minging and very badly stained. I had to get out of my side of the bed at the bottom due to stains at the side of the bed. We take slippers mine were pink when we landed and BLACK by Tuesday felt you had to wipe your feet on the way out. We had one small glass and four others three mugs
and six coat hangers
between the two of us to last for 11 nights ! come on !!!. We had half a satchet of dishwasher powder, one box of wash powder for the whole of the stay. After being up 22 hours we wanted to eat and go in the jaccuzzi. After filling the deep tub switched it on,the water was black-never been cleaned in its lifetime.We filled it three times and on the fourth came clean if not
would have requested a floor change , no point in having the same .We had to beg for toilet rolls.

Room Tip: A clean room would help avoid the 17th floor especially 1707.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am very disheartened to hear about your poor experience. I know our team is capapble of doing a much better job. We will use this review and share it with the team so they see all the concerns you encountered. You shouldn't have to ask for items, they should be in your room prior to your arrival. Also with regards to the overall cleanliness we will look at who was assigned your room and address accordingly. Although I don't enjoy hearing about the bad experiences, I am a strong believer that we can learn from our mistakes and do better moving forward. Thank you again for the review and again my sincere apologies.
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was our first visit to Vegas. We had chosen The Platinum based on Tripadvisor reviews, despite the fact that none of friends in the UK or USA who have been to LV have stayed there or even heard of it. We could not have been happier with our choice.
It was my wife's birthday and the staff provided so many thoughtful touches it really helped make it a special time. In particular, the Concierge, Gita, went to a lot of trouble to help our daughter to plan a birthday surprise and also to ensure we had just the room we wanted.
From the moment we arrived everything was made easy. The hotel is on a quieter street than The Strip so was easy to find. You park right outside the door where the valets whisk you inside then park your car. The hotel check-in is immediately in front of you and there was no queue.
This whole experience is completely opposite to what we observed in the main Strip hotels, long distances to check-in, huge queues, noise and chaos at every turn.
The bar has a great value 'happy hour and the breakfast was very relaxing and again good value and delicious.
Nearby, we found two contrasting but excellent restaurants, The Hole in the Wall and Roy's. the former is an informal very traditional Italian and the latter is a fabulous Hawaiian fusion restaurant that ranks amongst the best we've ever been to.
If we come to Vegas again we shall have no hesitation at staying at The Platinum

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thanks for the amazing review. We will certainly thank Gita for providing excellent service. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for eleven nights at the end of September. I concur with all the great reviews on tripadvisor about the spacious rooms, nice quiet and relaxing pool, close enough to the strip, free wifi, great bar & happy hour.
My only gripe would be the check-in and reception in general. After 22 hours travelling from the UK, we arrived and I immediately noticed that the hotel is quite close to a busy junction on flamingo. I asked the guy in reception for a quiet room away from the road as I am a very light sleeper. He replied that all rooms in the hotel were quiet, I assumed that this wasn't a dismissal of my request but to my surprise we ended up on the fifth floor right on flamingo. Luckily i'd brought my ear-plugs that i wore every night. My only other gripe was the inconsistency of welcome from staff. Most staff were very welcoming but there were a number of times my wife and I commented that we'd been ignored on entry/exit by reception staff.
Top tip to get to the strip. The 119 bus runs hourly along Koval. A great way to get to the fashion show mall and/or pick up the deuce/sdx at Wynn.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I apologize for the concerns you encountered at check-in. We will share this with our team as this is not what kind of service our managment team coaches our associates on. I'm glad overall you enjoyed your stay, and should you return, I hope you see a change after we address with the staff. Thanks for your time and review. We hope we are considered next time you are in Las Vegas.
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were to stay one night, yet stayed 3. Location is very convenient (short walk from the Strip), our suite was spacious and very conveniently equipped for a very affordable price.

A good place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. Short, sweet, and to the point. It makes me feel good that our team is doing something right if a one night stay turned into three. We will share with the team. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Platinum Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!