I chose to stay at the Platinum Hotel and Spa after reading several reviews here and also after having not so good experience elsewhere in Vegas last year. This time I was visiting for work and i wanted to be walking distance to where there was a conference and still have good quality. Below are my notes / observations on the hotel. Overall I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed on 16th floor in a standard king suite. (all rooms are suites)
1) The carpet looks new so you can disregard prior reviews about gross carpet. I do yoga so I can say for sure that the carpet is either new or very very clean.
2) The room / kitchen/bath were all very very clean - no evidence of prior guests etc.
3) The suite is very very spacious I did not expect so much space. wow. The tub is huge and lots of closet and drawer space / tables - space to spread out. Nice separate sitting area. Nice balcony.
4) Kitchen nicely equipped. Just bring food.
5) two t.v's one in bedroom and one in sitting area.
6) Location is about a 7 minute walk to the strip - you just walk up Flamingo and you hit the strip just behind Cesears and Bally's.
7) Lounge has happy hour between 4 and 7pm - nice price on drinks / food. I had artichoke dip and it was good.
8) Staff very pleasant. There was always always a doorman / valet present.
9) Free wifi. The first night the wifi kept dropping but the other 3 nights there were no issues.
10) Bathroom seems remodeled - nice large mirrors, frameless glass shower door. Deep tub.
11) Bed was very comfy and a/c was not loud. Very quiet floor.
Negative issues (very minor):
1) Valet parking only -so if you have friends coming to spend time w/ you at the lounge then they have to do valet parking. Valet parking is free and based on tips only but still annoying they can't just have some visitor parking.
2) Construction nearby is eyesore but that is temporary thing.
3) Although they provide free coffee in the room kitchens w/ the coffee machine -there is no tea and I am big tea drinker and most hotels offer tea. That was disappointing. also the creamer was dried creamer and not the little creamer containers. That was a bummer because that is a standard elsewhere.
I would stay here again. Is nice and quiet and smoke free. There is NO casino in this hotel and to me that was a blessing. I could walk to the casinos - shopping, shows etc. and then leave all the noise excitement and come back to sanctuary and quiet.
The price was similar to other places nearby and I felt the value was way better. I had friends staying at nearby hotel /casino and they paid similar prices and received far less. The Platinum is a steal!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Platinum Hotel and Spa is non-smoking with no slots or tables; a sanctuary located near the action (just a block from the Las Vegas strip) with the look and feel of a trendy boutique hotel. Specializing in personalized service and offering an intimate spa, it's own restaurant and lounge, with an indoor/outdoor pool and spacious lounging deck, the Platinum offers only spacious suite rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TIG Global, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Platinum Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Platinum Hotel Las Vegas
- Platinum Hotel Spa